Tenchi Universe Mini-Drama?

Started by DishonorableKnight, May 10, 2022, 10:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Courtesy of Dagon's Tenchi Muyo! wiki, I've finally been able to read the back-cover descriptions of Pioneer's Tenchi Universe VHS releases. The one for "Tenchi Muyo in Space" (episodes 14-16) got my interest piqued by the description for episode 15 ("No Need for an Escape!"):

QuoteTenchi & gang are now wanted criminals for attempting a coup d'etat!

The Galaxy Police HQ, armada, Jurai ships and people, are just a sampling of the many new elements we will discover in the course of these episodes. Mitsuki, the ambitious colleague of Kiyone, makes her appearance only in this episode. If you want to know more about her, she has a part in the mini-drama included in the TV SERIES CD (2) (FYI!)! Katsuhito's (Grandpa) presence seems to have more influence in the story, and it will continue doing so even more...

This description specifically mentions a "mini-drama" that exists apart from the 26 episodes, yet I've never heard of any such thing before. Presumably, it's talking about a picture drama (similar to Heian Muyo! and other releases), but apart from that, I've no idea what it could be like.

I've already tried searching Google for any mentions of Tenchi Universe mini-dramas, but my search has been inconclusive. Does anyone else know something about this?

Tenchi's Time and Space Adventures episodes were actually directly based on OAV radio dramas by OAV2 screenplay writer Yousuke Kuroda.  So maybe this is a similar story.

They tended to tell and retell the story in multiple media.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Interesting. Well, for its part, Heian Muyo reused animation from the Tenchi shows, particularly where Ryoko tries to get some alone time with Tenchi in the cave where Washu is found (guessing that was Universe early episode)?

It is.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."