True Tenchi novels licensed by Seven Seas!

Started by Ryo-Okay, November 16, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ricin on June 20, 2018, 07:52:38 PM
Less than a week until First novel is out. Who else is hyped up?
if walmart actually delivers it tomorrow ill be so hyped
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Diamond shipped them this week.  I got mine on Tuesday - my supplier local comic book store had 4.

Sheeze. And I only got my copies today as part of my work on the novel. *lol*

[attachment deleted by admin]

I won't be getting mine for a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to it.

I am. I hope that the advertisement I placed in the first page of the Tenchi wiki will improve sales.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

i just wanna read n compair how accurately i got what was going on cause honestly the true tenchi novels really stumped me in.parts like the whole azusa vs the shanks part... and the kanemitsu hirata fight and the shit with yosho being taken to that amaki dudes place by kanemitsus dad...  washu is the only book that im pretty sure i got like 95% accurate but as i mentioned many time sits filled with hard to translate double speak due to naja and washus relationship
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

QuoteDiamond shipped them this week

Something to look forward to this weekend!  :woot:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Thank you for helping out with adapting the novels ANB.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

You're welcome. Hopefully, I did it justice. :-)

What was some of the other stuff you did for the novels, ANB? I think I remember you said you got them to keep the honorifics, and I saw the surnames were first on the back cover.

I'm real excited!

So am I, although I'll have to wait a couple more months because of financial complications. :(

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on June 21, 2018, 06:32:49 PM
What was some of the other stuff you did for the novels, ANB? I think I remember you said you got them to keep the honorifics, and I saw the surnames were first on the back cover.

I'm real excited!

Yes, honorifics are all there, including brother/sister ones. And surnames are first. I'm very thankful the editorial staff at Seven Seas agreed to this. You'll see "House Masaki" rather than "Masaki House" because I think that's how fandom mostly has done things, going off the Dune pattern for royal Houses. And it was my preference as well. I kept names spelled the way we would expect.

BTW, in addition to all of the illustrations being there (and the color ones are in color), there's an interview at the back of the book, which I don't think I was ever aware of before. Actually, it is more of a conversation between Kajishima-sensei and Kuroda-sensei. So that was quite interesting to me.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 21, 2018, 09:45:04 PM
BTW, in addition to all of the illustrations being there (and the color ones are in color), there's an interview at the back of the book, which I don't think I was ever aware of before. Actually, it is more of a conversation between Kajishima-sensei and Kuroda-sensei. So that was quite interesting to me.

I'll be happy and shocked if I haven't somehow read it already. But now I'm even more excited!

I don't know how I hadn't already read it. I don't remember it being part of Tatsumingo's stuff from way back when. Maybe it was and I never noticed.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 22, 2018, 04:45:59 PM
I don't know how I hadn't already read it. I don't remember it being part of Tatsumingo's stuff from way back when. Maybe it was and I never noticed.
i wouldnt get any hopes  up the only really interesting thing in the back of the book was how theyfirst tried to get it out as a radio drama called ryoohki dash...
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here