Hello everyone

Started by Ryo-Okay, January 24, 2016, 12:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm new to Tenchi as well as anime in general. Besides what I watched as a kid I've only been watching anime for a little over a year.

The first Tenchi series I watched was Ai Tenchi Muyo. After reading the synopsis, which was along the lines of "Anime commemorating the 20th anniversary of the series", I saw Ai was also a manga. I came to the assumption that Ai was a long running manga series that had got an anime adaptation for its 20th anniversary so, I decided to give it a shot. After watching a few episode and not enjoying it I was wondering how its manga had managed to stick around for two decades so, I decide to go online and see what other people thought about it. I thought  it might have just been a bad adaptation.

After realizing I was a fucking idiot I decided to watch the first ova series. I would watch an episode every two days or so and, it took me about two weeks to finish all 7 episodes. While I had really enjoyed it when I was done I didn't really feel like watching anymore so I stopped.

About three months later I decided to watch ova 2. Just like the first ova it took me about two weeks to finish it. However unlike the first when I finished ova 2 I was desperate for more. Over the next three days I watched all of ova 3, Isekai and GXP with GXP being my favorite.

After finishing GXP I saw that there were novels and started looking to see if there were any differences from the anime. And that's how I stumbled upon this site.

Welcome, Also it's good to see Ai somehow brought a new fan in!  :smug:

Welcome. There seem to be two new OVA series planned for release now.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on January 24, 2016, 11:19:26 AM
Welcome. There seem to be two new OVA series planned for release now.

Only if OVA 4 does well

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on January 24, 2016, 12:28:28 AMThe first Tenchi series I watched was Ai Tenchi Muyo. After reading the synopsis, which was along the lines of "Anime commemorating the 20th anniversary of the series", I saw Ai was also a manga. I came to the assumption that Ai was a long running manga series that had got an anime adaptation for its 20th anniversary so, I decided to give it a shot. After watching a few episode and not enjoying it I was wondering how its manga had managed to stick around for two decades so, I decide to go online and see what other people thought about it. I thought  it might have just been a bad adaptation.

This is exactly how I got into Tenchi Muyo except replace "Ai Tenchi Muyo" with "Tenchi in Tokyo".

I hope you enjoy it here :)
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.