Post opinions about the Tenchi series you have that might be unpopular.

Started by Dr.Soviet, August 22, 2017, 01:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
seina is  a better protgonist then tenchi.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

It is a bit true but Kajashima wrote himself into a corner. God problems are unremarkable. Siena is Tenchi 2.0, he made him epic and his harem resistance was more well reasoned.

Quote from: Ricin on August 31, 2017, 08:58:43 AM
It is a bit true but Kajashima wrote himself into a corner. God problems are unremarkable. Siena is Tenchi 2.0, he made him epic and his harem resistance was more well reasoned.

also seina had character development, motivation, a personality, an in story reason for his personality...

tenchi's personality is all over the place
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The action in the ovas was uninteresting. I'd prefer if the series became strictly a slice of life series.

Everyone travels back in time to protect one of Tenchi's important ancestors Momo Masaki Jurai.

Quote from: takahata on August 31, 2017, 03:04:11 PM
Everyone travels back in time to protect one of Tenchi's important ancestors Momo Masaki Jurai.

They need to explain Noike' s time travel from OAV 3.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 31, 2017, 11:40:27 AM
The action in the ovas was uninteresting. I'd prefer if the series became strictly a slice of life series.
I wonder if this is an unpopular opinion? I've seen similar comments on YouTube from fans of this series and I agree with you on this as well.

Plus we focus on a wedding we already knew happened in Ova 3? I didn't need to see a more detailed version of it, I'd have preferred it to be about Tenchi making his decision about his harem and his wedding. I wanted the Ova to focus on the characters we all fallen in love with, why we watched the series in the first place. I didn't feel like we had any humor in this ova either.

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on September 02, 2017, 11:20:58 AM
Plus we focus on a wedding we already knew happened in Ova 3? I didn't need to see a more detailed version of it, I'd have preferred it to be about Tenchi making his decision about his harem and his wedding. I wanted the Ova to focus on the characters we all fallen in love with, why we watched the series in the first place. I didn't feel like we had any humor in this ova either.

I think the marching orders are very clear at this point as to what OVA 4 was, a bridge between OVA 3 and War on Geminar (And also to help the fanbase get the bad taste left by Ai Tenchi Muyo! out of their mouths).  Especially given that OVA 4 episode 4 is about Kenshi's training.  As for why they focused on Nobuyuki and Rea's wedding even though it already happened in OVA 3?  I'll blame the timeline reset stuff and call it a day.

Yes, OVA 5 is gonna be about Tenchi's kids, but that's THE reason why OVA 5 episode 1 is more than likely going to be Tenchi and the girls getting married.  Will they skip Tarrant attacking Tenchi and the girls at this point?  Very likely.  Will they skip Tenchi's wedding?  No chance.  That would be like a Tenchi OVA having the same quality story as Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time... and AIC isn't THAT stupid.

(And for those wondering why I mentioned Young Hunters just now?  Given that not everyone here pays attention to Digimon, I'll put it this way.  The story was just filler after filler until the final battle.  No substance or plot direction at all.  Just a bunch of nonsense and so forth as a glorified excuse to get the teamup between all the seasons at the end.  It's the reason why Digimon fans hate on it moreso than any other season of the anime - aside from the Digimon version of Power Rangers Megaforce's Legendary Battle, the whole thing was pure, unadulterated filler.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Gosh I hope your right about not skipping the wedding and accepting the idea of marriage to all the girls, I'd prefer it to be two episodes though at least >>

Quote from: Tenchifan30 on September 03, 2017, 07:22:00 PM
Gosh I hope your right about not skipping the wedding and accepting the idea of marriage to all the girls, I'd prefer it to be two episodes though at least >>

ok Super controvercial opinion time: HE SHOULDNT MARRY ANY OF THE GIRLS YET AND NOT FOR A WHILE.

HE DOESNT KNOW ANY OF THEM MORE THEN SUPERFICIALY.

NONE OF THEM HAVE GIVEN THE OTHERS TIME FOR THAT TO HAPPEN.

He doesnt know dick about washu except she had a child... and she wont tell him about it and she's ryoko's mother... and she tried to rape him a few times...

He doesnt know dick about ryoko. He doesnt even know she used to watch him growing up.

He knows basicly all there is to know about ayeka because she has 0 back story and 0 personality and is basicly just 21... so i mean i cant argue that there

he knows more about noike then he knows about mihoshi...

to be fair sasami and ryo ohki have nothing to know about them... there children.

atleast seto made sure seina got private interviews with all his suiters and he had plenty of alone time with them to get to know them and their actual history. tenchi has had none of that.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well look, I'm not saying how they went about him and his girls is great but I'd like to at least see him get together with the girls before they skip over to the next part.

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this :(

Me being a Tenchi X Ryoko shipper wants this.

I also ship him with Washu HA.

Quotesee him get together with the girls

Basically, he already is.

Marriage is optional.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

i wish they would do to tenchi what they did to death note and give it an awefull edgey hollywood movie
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on September 04, 2017, 05:42:32 PM
i wish they would do to tenchi what they did to death note and give it an awefull edgey hollywood movie

Yeah, dude. Halle Berry should play Mihoshi, cuz that's an obvious casting choice right there.