novel translation feeback

Started by Eff Efferson, January 31, 2018, 06:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey guys it's been a while since eive really don't anything translating wise and the forms kinda slow lately. I figured I'd just make a thread to make a thread... anyone got any feed back on my translations I know there's an asston of stuff Iprobably need to revise in them...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

They are pretty good. I have yet to read 15, I have not had any time to plow through it. I hope to have some time before 16 comes out.

I'm not sure if it's from how Japanese translates into English, but I always find sentence structure all over the place sometimes -- not from your work mostly, you do a pretty good job keeping it coherent. I think you would benefit most from proofreading and fixing grammar errors if anything. But what I mean is like when the dudes from TF released their first translation effort on the first Hasegawa novel, some of it read awkwardly like you had to piece together in your mind what was being said and hope that was right. Dunno if this is a compromise you have to make or if it's truly difficult to bridge the language barrier over while being faithful to the source material.:jap:

Just from memory I know there were times where you wrote the wrong name, and Misaki when you meant Masaki. Minor things like that. My major feedback would be THANK YOU!

Things slow down when there's nothing new to talk about. You were kinda carrying the forum on yer back for a time. Your translations were what kept me going for quite a while!

Now Ricin's wallet is king!  :worship:

I do re-read your stuff from time to time. Next time I do, I'll post any additional thoughts here.

if anyone ever wants me to like fully translate the rest of the novels im gonna need someone to go watch the episodes of the anime and transcribe them because thats half of why i stopped and ust sumerised it was alot of tracing over the anime and its dialoge exactly
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here