they are dubbing ai Tenchi

Started by Eff Efferson, February 22, 2018, 03:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 22, 2018, 03:14:47 PM Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:23:48 PM by Fap_fapperson
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
who.....
what......

anyway
they have Sherry Lynn on board and it's a Screen Actors Guild approved production so ryoko's original voice actor might be in it

[attachment deleted by admin]
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:bravo: Does Petra know about this yet?

They are trying to kill the Tenchi Fandom in the US on the way out the door

That's kinda cool but wasteful at the same time. I don't remember the OG girls having a whole lotta screentime.

An ai Tenchi and OVA 4 package deal makes sense to me. can't see them just selling ai tenchi by it's self in the USA?

Quote from: Monster Man on February 22, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
That's kinda cool but wasteful at the same time. I don't remember the OG girls having a whole lotta screentime.
Wasteful how?

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on February 22, 2018, 08:55:55 PM
An ai Tenchi and OVA 4 package deal makes sense to me. can't see them just selling ai tenchi by it's self in the USA?
Isn't Ai close to the length of a single cour anime? They could get away with selling it on its own.

February 23, 2018, 02:29:16 AM #7 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:33:13 AM by Harls
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on February 22, 2018, 08:55:55 PM

^ I approve.
Both camps get what they want (more Tenchi).

btw, AMI are the ones who dubbed OVA 3 for Funimation.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

How interesting, but the inconsistency of style between Ai and OVA 4 to any prior Tenchi content might confuse some folks if it was pitched as new Muyo.

Selling Ai and OVA 4 together doesn't really make much sense. It would be like selling Universe and OVA 2 together. Selling a standalone series with a piece of a completely unconnected series would just confuse people who buy it. It would make more sense to do an OVA 3 + 4 bluray release like they did with OVA 1 and 2.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 22, 2018, 09:02:39 PM
Quote from: Monster Man on February 22, 2018, 07:39:18 PM
Wasteful how?

From what I've gathered lotta people didn't like the show, giving me the impression that it flopped.

Is this their way of salvaging it?

It did flop in Japan, but who knows how well it will do in the west. If the people dubbing it can at least make their money back then I wouldn't call it a waste. Apparently, they think they can make some money from it because they licensed it.

It might work over here.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Oh dear... I've got a lot of things to say about this and most of them are negative (Save for one thing at the end of this post which is a good thing).  First, I don't even know what in Tsunami's holy name they're thinking here.  We get a dub for the terribad anniversary season that made Power Rangers Super Megafarce (See what I did there?) of all things actually look good (And believe me, Megaforce as a whole was BAAAD) before we get OVA 4!?  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM!  The only way I will even REMOTELY agree with this is if a dub of OVA 4 is also being worked on right now and released at or around the same time.  They don't even have to package Ai and OVA 4's dubs together.  As long as we get both at or around the same time, I'll be okay with this, because then we won't have a complete fail.

Quote from: Ricin on February 22, 2018, 06:14:10 PMThey are trying to kill the Tenchi Fandom in the US on the way out the door

Not if we get OVA 4 at the same time.  And they'd better do it, because otherwise it's a legit BATTLESHIP SUNK.

Quote from: Monster Man on February 22, 2018, 07:39:18 PMThat's kinda cool but wasteful at the same time. I don't remember the OG girls having a whole lotta screentime.

And that's the thing.  The OG girls don't get much screentime at all.  So it's more wasteful than cool... especially when you consider the fact that the episodes are only 5 minutes apiece and that every 5th episode save for the finale is a recap.  Some people tend to forget that detail about 5 minute episodes and recaps every 5th episode... it's effectively the same thing as fine print on a crooked contract.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on February 22, 2018, 08:55:55 PMAn ai Tenchi and OVA 4 package deal makes sense to me. can't see them just selling ai tenchi by it's self in the USA?

Ryo-Okay put it the best way...

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 23, 2018, 07:41:50 AMSelling Ai and OVA 4 together doesn't really make much sense. It would be like selling Universe and OVA 2 together. Selling a standalone series with a piece of a completely unconnected series would just confuse people who buy it. It would make more sense to do an OVA 3 + 4 bluray release like they did with OVA 1 and 2.

Selling them together wouldn't make sense.  The best thing they can do here is to release both at the same time, but on their own.

Quote from: Harls on February 24, 2018, 04:17:44 AMIt might work over here.

It won't.  As soon as the fans find out that the new girls effectively worf the OG girls worse than Sakuya did in Tenchi in Tokyo, they're gonna be throwing @#$% all over the place.  Shin already has a bad enough rep over here, and when they see that we're getting what is effectively TiT V2.0, they're gonna have a field day with it, and it's going to end VERY badly.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on February 22, 2018, 11:21:23 PMhttps://twitter.com/TheMonaMarshall/status/962126597875625988

WAIT WAIT WAIT... Marshall said that she's voicing Hachiko, but makes no mention of Ryoko?  I guess that's confirmation that we're getting Burchard back...

MM HMM.

I'm okay with this, because you KNOW that means she'll also be on board for OVA 4's dub.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quotewe're getting Burchard back...

Yes, according to her besties at TF. They broke out a new podcast episode for the occasion. :roll:

P.S.- not planning on watching it.