Do you think any of the people involved with Tenchi know about us?

Started by Dr.Soviet, April 02, 2018, 06:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the majority of the english net doesn't know about us. i doubt the jap net does
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

:popcorn:   :huhm: :crash:

Japan is well aware of there are fans of Tenchi Muyo in the United States.  Some North Americans of the series were accredited in the development of the term  "Harem."

Quote from: takahata on April 04, 2018, 09:25:03 PM
Some North Americans of the series were accredited in the development of the term  "Harem."
What.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on April 04, 2018, 09:33:11 PM
Quote from: takahata on April 04, 2018, 09:25:03 PM
Some North Americans of the series were accredited in the development of the term  "Harem."
What.

I can only recall that some North American fans of Tenchi Muyo were accredited in the development of the term Harem. Before Tenchi Muyo, the original term  may have been Exotic Girlfriends. Two of the first exotic girlfriends were U.A. and Ranma 1/2.  Both U.A. and Ranma 1/2 were created by Rumiko Takahashi.  Rumiko T. was the creator of Inuyasha and Rin-ne.

It's older than anime, no "otaku" credit earned/given

QuoteThe word has been recorded in the English language since early 17th century. It comes from the Arabic ḥarīm, which can mean "a sacred inviolable place", "harem" or "female members of the family". In English the term harem can mean also "the wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man."
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

It's likely the genre was not referred to as harem but, as posted above, exotic gf? Personally I think the first episode of TM OVA was Exotic (outer space) girlfriend, while later episodes became a mix of the two genres.

Also, Ova 5, should we announce our discoveries to the greater public?

QuoteAlso, Ova 5, should we announce our discoveries to the greater public?

They'll ask how it follows Ai.  :frogonk:

Quote from: Harls on April 07, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

fuck em.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Harls on April 07, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

HERESY