Happy 15th aniversery to tenchi GXP

Started by Eff Efferson, April 02, 2018, 08:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
according to Japanese twitter today is the 15th year anniversary of it first airing. wow has it really been that long...
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Remake when? [spoiler]Never[/spoiler]

Rewatched it. It's still pretty good. Bit too much Excel Saga but good. I really hope the novels come out here in the states.
Say my name.

Baker.

You're dang right.

Quote from: Tenbac86 on April 02, 2018, 11:51:46 PM
Rewatched it. It's still pretty good. Bit too much Excel Saga but good. I really hope the novels come out here in the states.

same i DONT WANT TO HAVE TO TRANSLATE THE REMAINING 11 and growing NOVELS  BYMYSLEFHELP
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I thought GXP came out in 2002?

While I have a soft spot in my heart for the show to this day, there are too many problems with the plot. The show was 26 episodes, yet I feel like there was very little plot because the studio hired more of a comedy guy who can't do serious drama. Episodes 10 (Kiriko's rampage) 12 (Ryoko's reveal as Erma in disguise) and 14 (Neeju being 2,000 years old) could each have been a cool sub-plot. But each is resolved extremely fast or not addressed

I actually keep forgetting Neeju's age because it's never relevant to the plot. The Seto Scouts make a couple of cameos before they all of a sudden become Seina's wives for reasons suddenly out of blue. There was very little world building outside of the GXP fashion show and Seina's body enhancement procedure.

The English dub is very solid, Kiriko and Amane's VAs fit really well, Seiryo's VA in particular did a fantastic job.

This season, we are seeing a lot of old franchises getting sequels and/or remakes. Lupin, Cutie Honey, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Full Metal Panic is back after 13 years. Since the GXP novels continue to sell well, I wouldn't be surprised if a remake is announced. I'd given up on seeing Index s3, or Date a Live s3, yet here we are. :)

i really hope so too and i agree. everythong after episode 10 suffers severely my nabeshins derectorial decision and what i assume was either his or aics decision to exclude any plot related to tenchi ova 3 and 4 and dual.

like im just getting around to translating episode 10 in the novels and hot damn watching the anime u immediately see how badly nabeshin asspulled
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Would be cool if they finally tie it all together with Dual! :drool:

Quote from: WaitoKon on April 03, 2018, 03:13:56 PM
Would be cool if they finally tie it all together with Dual! :drool:

BUT THEY DO. DON't T R I G G E R me like this... IT IS COMPLETELY TIED TO DUAL ALREADY.

THEYNEEDTOTIEITTOSPACESHIPAGGARUTERANDMASQUERADE
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

yeah I wouldn't mined a remake following the novels