Thoughts on a dark reimagining of GXP

Started by Ricin, April 12, 2018, 10:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been toying around with the idea of making a dark retelling of GXP's timeline. One where a counter-actor like entity I am refering to as Oni-Tenchi (opposite of Kami-Tenchi) interfered with Seina and drove him to suicide after the events of Episode 2.

Which results in the following (not in any chronological order):
Tarrant Shank becomes the head of the Shank guild after usurping the title by killing Radi and his brother.

The group never defeat the DaRuma guild.

Kiriko kills Amane Kaunaq, the person who brought him to space and is jailed.

Nejus Na Melmas is killed after a successful assassination attempt on Melmas.

The Galactic Federation is fractured, resulting in a weakening of Jurai and Seniwa's power.

Taima and not Mikami replaces Mikumo as head of the Kuramitsu Family as they approve of his plan to regain the former glory of Seinwa.

Ryoko Balta/Erma becomes a Tarrant's bride to help unify faction's in the former DaRuma guild.

The Shank Guild begins mass production of PKW weapons on ZINV clones and Daedalus ships powered by cloned Washu gems and the Original J. Tarrant Shank becomes the master of ZINV. (I am operating that Tarrant Shank is the same Astral as Seina but expressed in polar opposite. Tarrant had amazing luck before Seina, and when Seina's luck was inverted so was Tarrant's)

The Great War Begins: Jurai vs. Seniwa vs. Pirates. Jurai while having powerful ships but they relied on the infallibility of LHW's for defense. When they are neutralized by PKW weapons they are decimated. Seniwa fares better and is able to defend their home system borders but lose many planets under their territory.

Renza Federation seeing what is coming and having detailed info from their spies in Seto's organization see what is coming and decide to be vassals under the Shank guild regime, paying tribute to keep their sovereignty.

Jurai in a last ditch effort summon Tsunami and Ryu-Oh to join Funaho and Tenchi in a last ditch attempt to topple the ascendant Shank guild. Ryoko and Mihoshi join to help this fight for their love of Tenchi and respect for Ayeka and Sasami. Seto, Mihoshi and Ayeka are Killed. Tenchi was able to help secure Jurain system space.

Washu is trying to find the instability that lead to the universe going down this path that she knows is wrong. Washu greives for the fallen and starts planning revenge. Tsunami is traumatized by the Sasami witnessing her sister's death, unable to revive her because of damage to the astral sea from the PKW weapons ... Sasami/Tsunami becomes catatonic.

Widow infiltrates the academy. Airi tracks her down but another Widow event happens in the city. Millions dead, Airi is KIA.

The Great War ends. Galactic Federation is dead. Only The Shank Guild stands triumphant, Jurai and Seniwa stand but as shadows of their former greatness.

Earth stands but with Washu caring for Tsunami and Tenchi, the Masaki clan are all that stands between Shank and Earth.

Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki take on the Great DaRuma fortress and manage to defeat it at a great cost. Ryo-Ohki is killed Ryoko is badly damaged.

Washu enraged kills Tarrant, setting off a chain reaction in the stokehold of the great DaRuma fortress. Destroying the Earth, including Tenchi.

Tenchi destroys the third dimension. Oni-Tenchi attempts to corrupt Tenchi. Even after all the suffering Tenchi went through, Tenchi doesn't give in. Becomes Kami-Tenchi ... reverts the timeline to where we see it at the beginning of GXP Episode 2 and prevents Seina's suicide. At the cost of knowing all of the events and carrying the scars from the previous timeline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is just a dumb head-cannon I have been thinking way too much about. Please let me know what you think