4 (36.4%)
Will Reveal a new Series (or more!)
4 (36.4%)
Announces his Retirement
1 (9.1%)
Five guys burger and fries are duh best
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Great to have you here...Props for taking the time to actually give us a update, its really appreciated. The fact you have the old Tenchi stuff will surely excite a couple of people here, as they like the old school stuff.

But I can say I do stay up to date with your current releases that land on e-hentai....maybe a bit personally... :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 18, 2012, 03:39:22 PM
Great to have you here...Props for taking the time to actually give us a update, its really appreciated. The fact you have the old Tenchi stuff will surely excite a couple of people here, as they like the old school stuff.

But I can say I do stay up to date with your current releases that land on e-hentai....maybe a bit personally... :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

My releases tend to be a pretty mixed bag now don't they.
Some of the stuff I get commissioned to buy and scan are borderline offensive and most likely illegal in most countries in the world. Luckily the commissioners have opted to keep those limited to themselves.

I've been trying to bait different translators into agreeing to work on some of the releases from Kajishima in return for doujinshi scans but due to how text intensive some of them are, I've only managed to find people for the Isekai doujinshi not from Kajishima but I guess that's better than nothing right?

Which country are you located in and what sites do you mainly order from? If you don't mind me asking.

Most of the stuff I'm interested in is older than dirt, making sites like toranoana entirely useless. So I'm actually looking for someone who does not mind obtaining adult items from Japan. I've been dealing with someone living in Japan for sometime, but he will not deal with anything 18+. So there's a number of doujins I haven't been able to lay my filthy hands upon.

I wish you the best of luck baiting someone into translating a Kajishima doujin or two, it seems that finding anyone willing to touch anything not currently airing is next to impossible... Kinda funny thou, cause they're always bitching about how Japan's otaku have such short term memories [see virtually every popularity poll on sankaku for laughs], yet they do the same shit.

Quote from: shades of blue on December 19, 2012, 05:48:53 PM
Which country are you located in and what sites do you mainly order from? If you don't mind me asking.

Most of the stuff I'm interested in is older than dirt, making sites like toranoana entirely useless. So I'm actually looking for someone who does not mind obtaining adult items from Japan. I've been dealing with someone living in Japan for sometime, but he will not deal with anything 18+. So there's a number of doujins I haven't been able to lay my filthy hands upon.

I wish you the best of luck baiting someone into translating a Kajishima doujin or two, it seems that finding anyone willing to touch anything not currently airing is next to impossible... Kinda funny thou, cause they're always bitching about how Japan's otaku have such short term memories [see virtually every popularity poll on sankaku for laughs], yet they do the same shit.

I have a mixed bag of friends either living in Japan temporarely or working there that I employ in a sense.
I can usually get one of them agree to go along with what I have in mind with the exception of Yahoo Japan Auction stuff.
That stuff is more trouble than it's worth :shepicide:

What I've been wondering is that why don't people try to pool together money for translations, I personally know some translators who are willing to work on just the script for really silly prices as japanese is almost nearly their second language.

And before anyone asks why don't I just do it myself. I keep blowing all my money into buying stuff to the point where I can't even commission translations for things I wanted.

I'll give a contact of mine a spin and see how much he would ask just for the script of this http://exhentai.org/g/527591/4303f9f622/

Quote from: Kalevala on December 20, 2012, 10:42:11 AM
What I've been wondering is that why don't people try to pool together money for translations, I personally know some translators who are willing to work on just the script for really silly prices as japanese is almost nearly their second language.

I was planning on setting up a fund next year for translations after school is done for me (just one sem. left). But if you're wondering why someone hasn't pooled money together yet it's simply because we have two sides to the tenchi community. One that hates Kajishima ether because of OVA 3 (yes some people are still butt hurt about it almost 10 years later) or the fact that Tenchi ends up marrying all of them or some other reason. Or people like us here that still enjoy most of the stuff he puts out.

But the more likely reason is simply because it's old. Makes me wish Otakus were more like gamers in that they don't disregard old stuff  :neg:

Quote from: shades of blue on December 20, 2012, 12:02:37 PM
Thanks to a 4chan anon, who has no interest in joining any forum, we've actually got a summarized translation of that one. I asked him if he'd be interested in doing the same for the next issue, which he agreed to. So I told him to keep an eye out for the next issue beginning in Febuary. [I figure 12.12 should be in my hands by then.] So with any luck there'll be a short summary of the next issue too.

Shortcut to saved translation:
http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?topic=16.msg4492#msg4492

That's most excellent news even if it's only a summary.
Someone actually did something.

Can't say I'm in any better situation, on extra expenses either. This shit's expensive! Thou if someone did feel up to commissioning translations, I'm always willing to supply HQ RAWs. With the exception of those with glued spines. Those I won't rescan. And by now I'm sure you've familiarized yourself with my scanning quality. :duke:

Quote from: my collection
:parrot:

Thank's for the offer. I'll that in mind.
I actually use a special machine to scan things that doesnt require any debinding or damaging the thing being scanned so I might be able to help with scanning something more weirder.

BTW I'm not sure what you've been archiving your doujins in, but I've found B5 size doujins fit nicely inside golden age comicbook bags. And while I have not tried them, B5 doujins with more than 60 pages should fit nicely inside super golden age bags.

Right now I store mine in standard poly bags with halfbacks from BCW, eventually I want to replace them with the following: Mylite2 mylar 2ml golden age comic bags & acid free full-back boards. I've read on a few review sites that halfbacks still contain trace amounts of acid and over time will damage your comics, also poly bags eventually break down. The mylar ones last forever. Just a little tip.

That sounds really good, sadly we don't have any stores around here that might have anything like that in stock so I'll have to look into ordering some online. So far I've used these things I get as archivist.

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on December 20, 2012, 03:12:24 PM
I was planning on setting up a fund next year for translations after school is done for me (just one sem. left). But if you're wondering why someone hasn't pooled money together yet it's simply because we have two sides to the tenchi community. One that hates Kajishima ether because of OVA 3 (yes some people are still butt hurt about it almost 10 years later) or the fact that Tenchi ends up marrying all of them or some other reason. Or people like us here that still enjoy most of the stuff he puts out.

But the more likely reason is simply because it's old. Makes me wish Otakus were more like gamers in that they don't disregard old stuff  :neg:

My god. Are people still upset about OVA3? Why can't they just accept as it is, that's like being butthurt on how outlandish Frank Herbert's Dune book series got. I can only say :damn: to everyone complaining about Tenchi marrying everyone in his harem. If there's one cliché that I can't handle these days, it's the spineless wormless generic guy who doesn't do anything no matter what kind of women surround him and the series ends without any conclusion. I'm not making too much sense right now am I?

I asked one of my contacts about this
Quote from: Kalevala on December 20, 2012, 10:42:11 AM
I'll give a contact of mine a spin and see how much he would ask just for the script of this http://exhentai.org/g/527591/4303f9f622/
The whole thing would be 75$ which shouldnt be all that much if people are willing to pool together.

Quote from: Kalevala on December 20, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
My god. Are people still upset about OVA3? Why can't they just accept as it is, that's like being butthurt on how outlandish Frank Herbert's Dune book series got. I can only say :damn: to everyone complaining about Tenchi marrying everyone in his harem. If there's one cliché that I can't handle these days, it's the spineless wormless generic guy who doesn't do anything no matter what kind of women surround him and the series ends without any conclusion. I'm not making too much sense right now am I?

And just a heads up, feel free to advertise some links for your general releases in our Hentai section (hilariously that section doesn't get a lot of replies, but a BUTTLOAD of page views ;D)

http://www.uselesstenchi.org/Forum/index.php?board=10.0

December 20, 2012, 07:29:14 PM #22 Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:57:16 AM by shades of blue
Quote from: Kalevala on December 20, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
BTW I'm not sure what you've been archiving your doujins in, but I've found B5 size doujins fit nicely inside golden age comicbook bags. And while I have not tried them, B5 doujins with more than 60 pages should fit nicely inside super golden age bags.

Right now I store mine in standard poly bags with halfbacks from BCW, eventually I want to replace them with the following: Mylite2 mylar 2ml golden age comic bags & acid free full-back boards. I've read on a few review sites that halfbacks still contain trace amounts of acid and over time will damage your comics, also poly bags eventually break down. The mylar ones last forever. Just a little tip.

That sounds really good, sadly we don't have any stores around here that might have anything like that in stock so I'll have to look into ordering some online. So far I've used these things I get as archivist.

Ordering via phone shouldn't be too much of an issue, depending on where you are. Here's the website for the people that make Mylites2, http://www.egerber.com/ They also sell acid free boxes to store them in, but you'd have to specify that you only need one box.

-bags-
800M2    8 x 10 1/2    Golden Age Comics
825M2    8 1/4 x 10 1/2    Super Golden Age Comics
-boards-   
758FB    7 5/8 x 10 1/2    Golden Age Comics - fits 800
778FB    7 7/8 x 10 1/2    Super Golden Age Comics - fits 825

The super golden age bags are 1/4" wider, which is why I feel they should work well with 60+ page doujins. Some of the larger page count doujins will still fit inside a golden age bag, but they won't while using a board.

pH test on "Acid-free" halfback & fullback boards:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4534727

poly vs mylar bags:
http://www.youtube.com/v/GWSog-48Nvs http://www.youtube.com/v/yFAWRHPahWs

Only a few more days....

As well as the usual Kaji stuff, I also have a few wants not Tenchi related.

It's criminal how few Campione doujins there are, as well as Hagure Asthetica. A a NON-Rape Sekirei doujin would be nice.

Although, I know its gonna be filled with Touhou and SAO doujins....

Some family time depicting the city and the setting would be nice.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 29, 2012, 02:43:28 AM
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT!!!!

>DAT HOE

I'm seeing a number of Tenchi Ban 12.12 copies appearing on yahoo auction now, but no new copies of Kamidake. So I guess he only released Tenchi Ban this year. Also since the kanji match the old Tenchi Ban issues, the title for this should be this; Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru Tenchi Ban 12.12 お祭り前日の夜 天地版 12.12.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on December 26, 2012, 03:56:33 PM
It's criminal how few Campione doujins there are, as well as Hagure Asthetica. A a NON-Rape Sekirei doujin would be nice.
Although, I know its gonna be filled with Touhou and SAO doujins....

I'm actually hoping Comiket 83 will fix the Campione doujinshi situation because right now it's pretty bleak but then again Highschool DxD also suffered the same fate.

Quote from: shades of blue on December 29, 2012, 07:07:49 AM
I'm seeing a number of Tenchi Ban 12.12 copies appearing on yahoo auction now, but no new copies of Kamidake. So I guess he only released Tenchi Ban this year. Also since the kanji match the old Tenchi Ban issues, the title for this should be this; Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru Tenchi Ban 12.12 お祭り前日の夜 天地版 12.12.

Is that so? I was hoping for two releases because he was listed twice in the catalog again