Winter 2013 anime season

Started by Tenchi Ryu, December 28, 2012, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well...its that time again, the change of the season, meaning a new slew of shows. Personally, I don't really see that many that interest me except a few, but who knows, maybe you'll see a few you like. That and I also have shows continuing from last season like Magi and Tempest...

Instead of using the Season Chart, I'll link you to the Random C winter preview blog page, which gives a WAAY better in depth summary of what's to come along with preview videos, MAL pages etc.

http://randomc.net/2012/12/26/winter-2013-preview/

December 28, 2012, 01:17:47 AM #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:12:15 AM by Harls
Damn, winter sucks.

Inferno Cop is where it's at.  :duke:

:add: OK, maybe Maoyu, eventually.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Only thing I can see myself watching is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT.
The first season made me laugh more than I expected.

Everything else look like its selling points are moe or ecchi. (Example "How often do you see a franchise try to sell itself entirely on 'dancing breasts'?")

Dancing breasts are fine, but sometimes you want some story.

After more research, I've narrowed down 4 shows...

Cuticle Tantei Inaba

Typical mystery/suspense Shounen anime. Will give this a shot, not expecting much, but who knows, maybe it will surprise me like Beelzebub did.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Definitely looking forward to this one. For people known for making Queen's blade and stuff of that nature, ARMS is really going out of left field with this one, which has a more dramatic/romantic tone to it compared to your usual boob bouncing series from them. The novel has even been compared to Spice and wolf (which was great) so I'm really interested to see what ARMS gives us.

Senran Kagura

My guilty pleasure this season. Did very good fall season, and only watched plot driven/serious shows, so I'm definitely in for some bouncing tits all over the place  :duke: :duke: :duke:

And then there is the obvious second season of Boku wa Tomo that pretty much everyone is watching.

I only care so far about Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT. A few animes seems interesting, but just by read their resume I get the impression I already saw it a millions times before. Why the hell it have so many animes about club at school ?

Kotoura-san

:neg: All these feels and only the first episode. :neg:

Spoiler image? For those who will not watch it.
http://i.imgur.com/PNEBX.jpg

Quote from: Ybloc on January 10, 2013, 10:00:10 PM
Kotoura-san

:neg: All these feels and only the first episode. :neg:

Spoiler image? For those who will not watch it.
http://i.imgur.com/PNEBX.jpg

Do I wanna know what's going on in that image?

January 11, 2013, 01:05:10 AM #7 Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:38:41 AM by Tensami
Tamako Market

FUCKING. LOVED. IT.

It's like the love-child of K-On and Nichijou, with K-On's looks and Nichijou's humor.

Definitely recommend people actually checking it out before writing it off. Particularly if you enjoy absurd humor (Which might not be everyone's cup of tea, but hey, if it's not yours... then fuck you, you're wrong.).

At first I'll admit I was scared that it was just going to be K-On 2, as it starts out with girls just walking around and laughing in a VERY familiar K-On fashion, but luckily after the opening it's just humor all the way out with just a small hint of what may become some decent drama in future episodes.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

I honestly have no idea what to think of it yet.
It's very "Shafty" if you know what I mean. Their series are definitely unique I'll give them that.

There is some really cool moments in here though, particularly some scenes involving chocolate.

Also, Shaft, come up with your own character names ya silly goofs... Seriously though, fuck you guys for doing that.

Now to go check out Senran Kagura for some hot girls and... Well, it's got hot girls, that's good enough for me.
And of course, Boku no tomoduchimitchymutchahatchiorsomehing Season 2.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

http://i.imgur.com/YeYDN.png
Sasami-san has my mouse... Logitech m505
Also Chocolate.

Haruhi=?Sasami-san=?Chocolate

Got around to watching either the first or first two episodes for these shows, and overall I'm definitely pleased with my choices...

Cuticle Tantei Inaba

Typical mystery/suspense Shounen anime. Will give this a shot, not expecting much, but who knows, maybe it will surprise me like Beelzebub did.
BOY was I wrong. Seems like everyone was caught by surprise because this is far from the Mystery Suspense tags it was originally given. This is slapstick comedy at its best, and its freaking hilarious. Going through episode 1 and 2 in one go, I was almost in tears. The characters are so quirky it just works well. The main character goes through so many personalities and its really entertaining to see him shift from being a anime pretty boy to sulking and scared for his life the next.

QuoteMaoyuu Maou Yuusha

Definitely looking forward to this one. For people known for making Queen's blade and stuff of that nature, ARMS is really going out of left field with this one, which has a more dramatic/romantic tone to it compared to your usual boob bouncing series from them. The novel has even been compared to Spice and wolf (which was great) so I'm really interested to see what ARMS gives us.
:worship: :worship:
I have found the new show I will hound Jibs to watch every chance she pops up. EASILY my early favorite of the season. Everything is just so right with this show, the music, the tone, the chemistry between the two main character, the art, and even the extra tidbits of ecchi and comedy sprinkled in every now and then. I remember lots of people compared this to Spice and Wolf from the novels, and I can see it in spades after watching the first few episodes. One thing I do like though is that compared to Spice and Wolf where Lawrence and Holo took two freaking seasons to finally realize they kinda like each other, the chemistry is sparking quick with these two new characters. Little gestures and tendencies is really making them click, and with the storyline looking like its gonna be very well done, this series has HIGH expectations from me for the rest of the season. Early ratings on MAL are 8.7.....this is quickly becoming a fan favorite.

QuoteSenran Kagura

My guilty pleasure this season. Did very good fall season, and only watched plot driven/serious shows, so I'm definitely in for some bouncing tits all over the place  :duke: :duke: :duke:
Pretty much what I expected....The plot and appeal is meh, and is pretty much just a ecchi fill for the season. But its tits and ass, and who am I to say no to tits and ass.

QuoteAnd then there is the obvious second season of Boku wa Tomo that pretty much everyone is watching.
Hmm, well lets see. It's great to get the main cast back, and while its more or less the same Haganai we know, it feels.....different to me somehow. One example is the art, some feel it looks better graphically, while I'm not really use to it yet. Like one thing that stood out to me was the contrasting yellow blond and black hair of Kodaka, but now that blonde looks kinda dull, as well as Sena's blonde hair. Outlines aren't as dark either this season, but in turn that allows for more fluid animation. Then there is the actual show. The vibe felt a little different, more like a sitcom almost without the audience. Sena is damn near off the ledge this season. Last year she was just incredibly Naive, this season however, she seems to legitimately be missing some marbles in her head. Just gonna have to wait and see where we go this season.

January 19, 2013, 11:43:57 PM #10 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:51:15 PM by Tenchi Ryu
I'm loving the new OP for Psycho Pass

http://www.youtube.com/v/X5DQdScv4kw

And with the Magi OP 2, Sinbad was already my favorite character, but I squealed like a fangirl when I saw him in that armored power up....I can't WAIT for that to happen in the anime. Looking at the new ED, looks like he has 2 forms too

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Still loving Yuusha's OP too

http://www.youtube.com/v/LGqGrAoST00

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 19, 2013, 11:43:57 PM

Still loving Yuusha's OP too

http://www.youtube.com/v/LGqGrAoST00

Most openings that have running, looking serious/funny/happy/sad then fading away are usually just lazy but the music makes up for it.

The series is turning out better than I thought with how dark the economic and political situations is. I hope the trend continues with the immediate story. 

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure(JoJo No Kimyou Na Bouken) has some decent op animations although it makes you wonder if they ran out of money making it with how the animation changes. I would link it but youtube is being a being a douche about copyright infringement it seems.

Poor hero...the guy just doesn't catch a break when it comes to monster/demons in this story. He was dispatched to defeat the bad demons by the demon king, but he can't defeat them since they all wind up falling in love with him. That's now Harpes, a slime girl and cow chick that's falling for him.

Right now MMY is the only title currently airing that I'm watching and while I'm enjoying it, I believe the manga is still the better product. I'm still not too thrilled over how the story skipped over explaining how the economic structure of the two kingdoms really worked and in the most recent episode, I'm really not too thrilled over them skipping over the entire liberation of Gateway City. I hope it's not a sign of how similar future events will be handled... :damn:

Yea fans are saying that this really deserved more than 12 episodes. But since this is ARMS, they probably didn't have the budget, especially for something that's not exactly their usual kind of work.