"Tenchi should choose one girl" vs "Don't break the harem" discussion

Started by Empress of Jurai, February 16, 2013, 01:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on March 19, 2013, 08:30:12 PMwat

I'm having fun with Gaston, go back to watching that Ryoko orgasming clip.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on March 18, 2013, 12:49:18 AM
It's time when watching other shows where it really makes you appreciate the option Kaji has presented us. As I'm sure most of you know, a few of us here are currently watching the anime Boku Wa Tomodachi NEXT, or as some know as Haganai NEXT...

Well, in full dramatic romance show swing, the episode this week did something that pretty much shocked some of the viewers (who don't expect much from harem most of the time). We always get a case of the Harem male lead being dense as a door nob or a straight up perv he gets scared when a real situation arrives. Well here, we have our male lead Kodaka who through one of his harem members confronting him privately, lets the viewer know that not only does he KNOW of his female friends feelings, he's PURPOSELY acting ignorant as if he doesn't know, or when they make advances on him, he purposely acts as if he didn't hear them.

He does this because he was an outcast, and after finally finding friends, he doesn't want to ruin all the bonds and connections he's made with these girls if he chose one, as the others would no doubt be upset and probably distance themselves from him.

As we've had this thread up for about a week now, it automatically made me think of this conversation and Tenchi's handle on the situation. Luckily, Tenchi was gifted the option of being Juraian nobility, but what if that wasn't the case? It puts in better perspective how he has avoided any kind of romantic contact in favor of wanting to keep his new found family together and not distanced because of romantic drama. Normally you can say, "well, they'll get over it", but what happens when you have situations like Kodaka's and Tenchi's where these girls not only like you, but are pretty emotionally dependent on you but want you to choose?

Harem can be awesome as far as fantasy fulfillment, but in reality can be a very big hassle and bring a lot of heartache. Especially when you don't want to lose someone close who would possibly get rejected...Add to the fact you will NEVER please everyone (Looking at you Shuffle)

So basically...

THANK YOU KAJISHIMA FOR THE HAREM OPTION!!!

Thanks Tenchi Ryu, i really enjoy Haganai, fun new anime