"Bron's Hope" (mild NSFW bit)

Started by Zigra, September 23, 2013, 04:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
 If Bronto Thunder were warm blooded, his face would have turned a bright shade of red. He still had the tendency to get lost aboard Tsunami-fune, and this time lack of direction caused him to walk in on something he felt he shouldn't have. Sasami and Apatty Saurus were both nude in a hot spring. He arrived just in time to witness Apatty lowering her long neck down to give Sasami a kiss.
The sight of two females that he loved in such a compromising position was too much for him. He turned away and tried to leave the area before he was seen. He didn't realize that the booming sound of his footsteps had already signaled them of his approach, and when he left the scene he had no idea how disappointed the girls were that he was gone.
Later, Sasami was in Apatty's arms, a bit troubled.
  "I don't know how to get through to him." the teenager said, "I know he already admitted that he loves me, but after that he hasn't been able to move forward."
"I know." Apatty replied,, "You have to remember that Bron is still very shy and bashful around the opposite sex. Even after all the years he and I have been together. He may be able to fight all sorts of bad guys with confidence, but dealing with feeling towards women is still difficult for him. In fact, with all the stories you've told me of what Tenchi use to be like, it reminds me very much of what Bron is still like."
The brontosaurus girl pondered things for a moment before continuing on.
"Another thing that may be bothering Bron is that he is feeling overwhelmed at being one of many. You've gained so many spouses, some of great power, that he probably thinks he's insignificant beside them all and somehow less deserving of love from you and I beside all of them. Maybe you and I need to find some way to boost his confidence a little and make him realize just how important he is to us."
With that an idea popped into Sasami's head.
"Thanks, Patty. I think I know just what I need to do....."

Bronto Thunder was pacing back and forth in a far corner of one of Tsunami-fune's forests, once again not giving thought to how his loud footsteps might attract the attention of others.
"What seems to be the trouble?" a voice from behind him chimed in.
Bron turned around to see Tenchi standing there with an inquisitive smile on his face.
"Well....ummm....I...." Bron tried to spit out.
"Wait I think I can guess. You walked in on one or more of the girls either getting undressed or even making love, and you're now nearly dying from embarrassment, right?"
Bron tried to respond, but in the end all he could do was sigh and lower his head in shame.
"Yeah, that's what I figured." Tenchi said with a bit of a chuckle, "Believe me, my own experiences have made me pretty genre savvy about that sort of thing."
With that, Bron realized that since Tenchi understood the situation, he might as well confide in him.
"I...umm....saw Sasami and Apatty Saurus. Together."
"I see. Witnessing girls you love doing something like that can be....overwhelming....to say the least."
Tenchi then walked over and patted Bron on the back before giving him some reassurance.
"Look, I know how you feel. I use to be extremely awkward around women, and in my younger days witnessing something like that might have given my a fatal nasal hemorrhage. But, I eventually learned that I shouldn't be afraid of wonderful girls like Sasami and Tsunami. Sasami certainly never judged me or bit my head off whenever I accidently saw a naked girl in my younger days. In fact, she always found my awkwardness in those matters funny and endearing. And because I'm sure she loves you like she loves me, I don't think she'll be upset at you over what you saw."
"Do you really think she loves me that much?" Bron asked nervously.
Tenchi was starting to understand the problem Bronto Thunder was having. Bron was still uncertain about how Sasami really felt about him, and probably didn't seem himself as "worthy" of being loved by her, let alone seeing her in such private circumstances.
"Bron, you've got to understand that when Sasami told us that she loved us, she meant all of us. Don't doubt that for a second. And if you really need to understand how she feels, just talk to her."
With that, Tenchi wished Bron luck and strolled off, leaving the blue brontosaurus to consider his words.

An hour later, Bronto Thunder still felt a great deal of uncertainty. While he realized that what Tenchi said may be true, he still doubted whether he was worthy of love from a girl like Sasami. In fact, he wondered how he could compare to anybody in this family that Sasami brought together. When he was a member of the Dinosaucers he was the strongest of the group. Now he seemed like nothing. When it came to other males in Sasami's family, how could he compare to titans like Gojira and Stay Puft? Or compare to the living god that was Tenchi?
Even worse was when Bron's longtime girlfriend and now co-spouse Apatty Saurus turned out to be the living incarnation of Buru, the Brontosaurus Goddess of Reptilon's bronto people. So now it seemed like he wasn't deserving of her love anymore.
   As he was lost in thought, he heard a knock on his bedroom door. When he opened the door, he found his heart racing. It was Sasami. Before he could say anything to her, she quickly embraced him.
"I love you, you big buffoon," she said, "and I want to spend the rest of my life with you just like everybody else in the family!"
With that, tears began to swell in his eyes, and he put his arms around her in return. They stayed like that for awhile before Sasami spoke up again.
"Bron, I....I have something else I want to tell you about. Something that so far only my mother and Tsunami know about."
"Ummm, okay, what is it?" Bron asked nervously.
"I'm....pr...I'm pregnant." she finally got out.
Bron was struck dumbfounded (which some of his friends would joke that is wasn't hard to do that). He had some rather obvious questions to ask, but he didn't know how to spit them out.
"I know what you want to ask, Bron, so I'll explain everything to you. Do you remember the story I told everybody about a woman named Ifurita?"
Bron nodded, remembering not to long ago being told  the story of how Sasami got to meet and spend one night with the woman of her dreams.
"Well, in the one night I spent with her, she and I were...intimate. So were Tsunami and Mommy. You see, Ifurita has divine blood within her, and like a goddess she can give children to other women. And that is what she did for me, Mommy, and Tsunami. We are each carrying Ifurita's child."
"That's....wonderful!" Bron replied, "But, ummm, why are you telling me first?"
"Because I want to entrust you with a great task. When my daughter is finally born, I want you to become her guardian. I think the humans of Earth would call somebody with this role a godparent or something similar."
"Me?! But...but, I don't think I'm the best for that. Wouldn't somebody like Tenchi be able to protect her better than me?" Bron asked, flabbergasted.
Sasami then pulled an item from a pocket in her dress.
"To help you out in your new role, I wanted you to have this."
She held the item out to Bron. It was a small blue ring.
"Wh..what is it?" he asked.
  "It is an...artifact from New Odym. One that I asked the inhabitants there to forge just for you." she explained.
He took it from her and looked it over curiously. He didn't know much about the land of New Odym other than it being a small continent within Tsunami-fune's inner space, so he couldn't guess at what this ring was for. Indeed it was just big enough to fit around one of his large fingers.
"I want you to wear that ring. I also want you to believe in yourself and believe in my love for you. Then you can know the ring's true power, and you will be a worthy protector for my daughter." she told him with more confidence.
Bron tried the ring on. For the first time in a long while he felt a great sense of self worth. It didn't even matter to him what power the ring had. All that mattered now was that Sasami trusted him with the protection of something sacred to her. With that he had no reason to doubt himself and his place in her family. Their future was bright, and he would be an important part of it.
Bron embraced Sasami once again, not seeing the blue energy that crackled from the ring.

Across the vast oceans of Tsunami's inner space, the inhabitants of New Odym felt the energy from Bron's ring. Saint Walker smiled. The Blue Lantern Corps had a new recruit, just as Sasami and Tsunami had promised. And, as they also said, he might even be the greatest among them.

END

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.