[AiTM] (Month 2) Weeks 5-8 Episode Talk

Started by جبريل 無道, November 04, 2014, 11:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Tuesday's episode uploaded.  Momo and Beni rub their butts together or something.  Starting to think this show is about nothing.  Mihoshi still MIA.

I haven't watched recaps since the first week, but I heard some areas mentioned then, maybe the other recaps do the same tourism selling?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

<sarcasm>Maybe Takahashi paying them to promote tourism was all a front for somebody who REALLY hates the Tenchi Muyo franchise paying AIC to degrade it as much as they can get away with?</sarcasm>
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on November 12, 2014, 08:02:49 AM
<sarcasm>Maybe Takahashi paying them to promote tourism was all a front for somebody who REALLY hates the Tenchi Muyo franchise paying AIC to degrade it as much as they can get away with?</sarcasm>
Wouldn't surprise me if that's what's going on here... until Kajishima jumps ship from AIC to another production company and gets things done correctly.  Joke would then be on AIC.  Hyper combo KO!
:smug:
All kidding aside, that comment was just plain awesome (Not to mention possibly true, sarcasm or not) and you get a +1 for that.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Oh, and punched again.  Because it's hilarious the 10th time that happens.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Ep28 up.  Another Tenchi/Momo moment.  Tenchi gets punched again.  Sasami has some screentime.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on November 12, 2014, 10:18:34 AM
Oh, and punched again.  Because it's hilarious the 10th time that happens.

Top tier jap. humor.

Don't forget Ryoko.

:chill:

Wow, what a badass, kicking her would-be boyfriend's butt.  Well, when she's not losing to Momo.

Today, Ryoko punched Tenchi. I repeat: RYOKO PUNCHED TENCHI.

Interest shot down for me immensely now. I hate stupid ass Beta harem MC shit where they get wacked by the girl, usually some Tsundere. This harem made it pretty refreshing that a lot of the cliche shit doesn't really pop up at all, and they all truly respect Tenchi.

I was gonna gloss over some random chick I could give 4 fucks about, but making the main squad do out of character shit...

"But Ryoko was doing shit like this in OVA episode 1"

Yea, and look who had significant input on that episode too

I'm hoppin on the wagon with War....December can't come soon enough brehs

Does anybody know what the Japanese Tenchi Muyo fans are saying about this pile of poisonous factory waste?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

You know things are going down when a small percentage of people in a fanbase say that something will not end well, and then everyone realizes that what that small percentage predicted was indeed happening.  In this case, I was in the small percentage, and other people gave it a chance (Which I applaud them for doing so - they were keeping their heads up high in case Ai Tenchi turned out to be good), but when the truth was revealed (In this case Ai Tenchi turning out to be absolute garbage) - BOOM HEADSHOT!  Anniversary season my rear end - at this point I hope AIC loses a lot of money from this piece of waste (Even bankrupt would be good at this point!) and that Kajishima jumps ship.
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PM
Interest shot down for me immensely now. I hate stupid ass Beta harem MC shit where they get wacked by the girl, usually some Tsundere. This harem made it pretty refreshing that a lot of the cliche shit doesn't really pop up at all, and they all truly respect Tenchi.
Agreed, AIC had something going here that was at least different... but then this week they suddenly switched to the cliche stuff and things went downhill real fast.  Hey batter batter... STRIKE 1!
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PM
I was gonna gloss over some random chick I could give 4 fucks about, but making the main squad do out of character shit...
...and here the pitcher just got annoyed, decided not to strike the batter out anymore, and set him up hook, line, and sinker for the team to catch his sorry attempt at a hit.  HE'S OUT!

...seriously though, +1 to TR.  Well deserved at that - he speaks the truth.
Quote from: antvasima on November 13, 2014, 01:22:51 AM
Does anybody know what the Japanese Tenchi Muyo fans are saying about this pile of poisonous factory waste?
I'm not sure the fans in Japan are buying it either... I see almost zero fanart of the new girls even on Pixiv so that's definitely a sign that this isn't going well.

Also, one more thing...
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PMI'm hoppin on the wagon with War....December can't come soon enough brehs
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

EP 28 up.

Just a new girl fanservice fest.

I noticed this from the beginning, but anyone think Rui (short haired Sasami-ish looking girl) and Fuka Yuki (the tan haired Washu) act like a Mihoshi / Washu team?  Which is kinda insulting, seeing Mihoshi is pretty much MIA this series and Washu is a background character.

Unless Rui and Fuka are supposed to be their animatronic puppets or something somehow?