[AiTM] Ai Tenchi Muyo Failing to Keep Interest / Convert New Followers

Started by جبريل 無道, November 20, 2014, 09:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Google Trends is a relative comparison if you only enter a single search term.  The high point in the graph is the most popular that specific search term ever was, which it assigns a value of 100%.  So it makes a good way to see how popular something is over time.

Kill La Kill premiered October 3 2013 and ran until March 27, 2014.  As you can tell on the graph below, climaxed at the very end of it's fun, and has further interest.  The japanese graph mirrors the english title graph closely.
Link.

So let's look at Tenchi and Ai Tenchi Muyo.

Tenchi (in english):
Link.

Ai Tenchi Muyo (in kanji):
Link.

Tenchi Muyo (in kanji):
Link.

So, all the charts are finding the show peaked highly at week of the premiere and then declined steeply right after that.  Now it's about twice the normal Tenchi noise range, the average when nothing happening in Tenchi land in 2013/spring 2014.  This is where things stand right now, I'll be interested in what happens the last 3 weeks of the show. 

I'm not sure if this gets refelected in viewership or sales of DVD/BR, but it doesn't bode well for the franchise.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

November 21, 2014, 04:28:44 AM #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:38:54 AM by جبريل 無道
Just as a comparison.

War on Geminar (red is "異世界の聖機師物語" and blue is "War on Geminar", and to be kind english tag Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari gets more than the newish title WoG)

Link.

I would have liked to compare previous Tenchi titles japanese release, but Google Trends only goes back to 2004 afaik.  The Japanese market is what determines the financial health of a franchise, not so much the international market (although here it seems neither is a thumbs up to ATM).
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

I tried to like Ai Tenchi, I really did! I even watched 4 whole episodes before I gave up on it after wondering why I'm wasting 5 minutes of my life watching this crap. Thank the heavens for the new Fate/Stay Night, it's filling the void rather nicely.

December 06, 2014, 09:06:03 PM #5 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:10:59 PM by جبريل 無道
I think this show still only have 3,174 followers on Twitter (circa 2,000 before it opened) kinda says it all.  AFAIK, twitter is Japan's social media choice.

https://twitter.com/ai_tenchi

Japan loves twitter:
http://mashable.com/2013/10/22/japan-loves-twitter/

Well, since they do not use our alphabet, they are allowed to write a greater amount of words than we are in English. So I think that it makes sense that they would like Twitter.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on December 06, 2014, 09:06:03 PM
I think this show still only have 3,174 followers on Twitter (circa 2,000 before it opened) kinda says it all.  AFAIK, twitter is Japan's social media choice.

After nearly a month has passed, this show hasn't managed to net gain a single follower, it actually lost some.  (I was checking the number periodically, 3,174 was it's high AFAIK, and then it lost some here and there, gained some, lost more, but no major movements overall.)

Just as a reminder to those who have brain damage whether it's inherent at birth,from the loss of a love one (YO MOMMA), or maybe even both TORRENTS/JEWTUBE VIEWS ARE NOT THE SAME AS PHYSICAL SALES.