Tenchi forever novel findings

Started by Eff Efferson, June 27, 2018, 11:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 27, 2018, 11:09:48 AM Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:17:56 AM by Fap_fapperson
Hey guys. as you know i translated ALL the novels with google a while back... but I never really had a reason to read the negishi novels or really anything not kajishima,

last night i had to convince someone that it was obvious that ryoko was tenchi's choice at the end of tenchi forver...
well the matching scenes from TMIL and tenchi forever didnt do the trick neither did pointing out tenchi drew ryoko... so i checked the novel to see what happened there.

https://tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/tenchi-muyo-in-love-2-tenchi-forever.html

fist off according the the afterword, negishi considers the novel the complete version of what was supposed to be in the movie,
second i've done my best to manual translate the important parts of the epiloge
The scene where ryoko and him are talking at the end happens, but unlike the film he says let's go back and join the others.

and then it says something like

I'm sorry, Ryoko. Sorry, Ms. Ayeka. I'm an indecisive man. I want to stay like this for a while.
 I can not decide which way to choose right now.
 No matter what i do i'll hurt someone.
 So for now I want things to stay this way for a while longer.
 It may be selfish but i just want us all together to be together like this.
 Among us, there is a thing to protect, a thing that binds us, and the time will come when we can no longer stay like this.
 Until then, let me just show you a little more kindness.

and after some yosho and katsuhito chat  it cuts to:

Epiloge:
 In a dim room, a man sat at his desk working in his sketchbooks.
in the old sketchbook, the same woman was drawn across many pages, but her expression was always the same,  terribly gentle and subtly sad.
unexpectedly  footsteps echoed in the ears of the man who was staring at the lady in the drawing.
 the man's daughter rushed into this quiet room,
she was a pretty girl who's appearance made the gloomy room brighten.
she was only about 5 years old, and with curious eyes.
 Actually, this study was the man's sanctuary,anyone else was strictly prohibited to enter it without permission, but his daughter seemed to be completely ignoring that rule.
 The girl began to look at the easel that was standing in the middle of the room curiously.
 On the canvas, a long haired woman was drawn, the same one as in the old sketchbook.
"oh...Dad, are you drawing that picture again?
 Hey, who is this? she's awful pretty isn't she? "
 To a daughter who asked in such an optimistic tone, the man bitterly smiled and began to talk.
 he thought of how to best tell the girl this story and when to start ... ...

"it was before daddy met mother..."

that hot season revived in the man's mind.

an eternal summer day ....

it was hot like that summer day today ....

end
--------------------

so basically...  there u have the end of tenchi universe.

for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Oh, man.

:cantdeal:

Sorrynotsorry TenRyo bros.

Yes, I'm being an ass. ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Well, that certainly a big surprise! Obviously this means he chose [spoiler]Kiyone  :heysexy:.[/spoiler]

So it's still ambiguous on who he chose? They never described the child's features at all; quite vague actually.

The only non-ambiguous part is that it's clearly not Ryoko's kid since she should be able to recognize a portrait of her own mother, assuming that he's still painting the same damned thing over and over. Also that this kid has never met Ryoko.
I'd say the implication is that he didn't choose any of them.

July 08, 2018, 07:41:45 AM #5 Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:48:56 AM by جبريل 無道
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

headcannon: he married sasami X D
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Well, at least she can cook.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I like Washu best personally, but as far as single choices go, Sasami is the best option.

:huhm:

Is Tenchi actually in love with Sasami?  Still seems indecisive. . . and unclear. :speculate:

⚆_⚆

He better be, or Ayeka is gonna give him a strict talking to and tell him what's what.

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: Lоиεѕомεиεѕѕ on July 09, 2018, 05:16:28 AM
:huhm:

Is Tenchi actually in love with Sasami?  Still seems indecisive. . . and unclear. :speculate:
Tenchi is incapable of love.

What the hell? Did the studio and Negishi disagree on the ending? Having the whole movie and TV series be pro-Ryoko only to slip in such a thing is just shoddy storytelling. My respect for Tenchi Universe continues to evaporate.

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on July 19, 2018, 04:31:51 PM
What the hell? Did the studio and Negishi disagree on the ending? Having the whole movie and TV series be pro-Ryoko only to slip in such a thing is just shoddy storytelling. My respect for Tenchi Universe continues to evaporate.

It's just like Urusei Yatsura dude. A never ending hell -- a purgatory of constant indecisiveness from Tenchi.

Quote from: Monster Man on July 19, 2018, 09:38:20 PM
It's just like Urusei Yatsura dude. A never ending hell -- a purgatory of constant indecisiveness from Tenchi.

But but but... I love Urusei Yatsura as well!!! (along with its never ending hellishness :smith:) As Miyake pointed out in the destiny door episode "I wish that things will remain the same but now I regretted it".

I wish that TM will never end  :smug: