OVA4 engsub

Started by Mr1422, June 11, 2018, 12:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello guys,
i'm new here, i happen to wander into this forum while searching for subtitle file for ryo-ohki ova 4. downloaded the subtitled(?) from Reinforce but smh i dont see any.
does anyone have a good source or just the ass/srt file ? can you pls share with me ?

tbh the place we commision really fucked up the subs in many parts.. and we need to go back and fix them but well .... I actually dont know why i havent done that yet
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

can someone send me the Raws and sub files? Ill fix them up and make sure they torrent.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on June 11, 2018, 06:20:35 PM
tbh the place we commision really fucked up the subs in many parts.. and we need to go back and fix them but well .... I actually dont know why i havent done that yet

Honestly I tried, but what I really should do is do a video and provide commentary while I pause the video.

I wish I had more time and a better comp to do it with

Quote from: Ricin on June 11, 2018, 06:23:25 PM

Honestly I tried, but what I really should do is do a video and provide commentary while I pause the video.

I'm aware but I think i could pull it off in a few hours if i tried I know exactly where the messed up sections are vs. where I just adlibbed the subtitles cause remember before I got a copy of the dubs for 2 3 and 4 i was doing it without them by watching the video and compairing the text.

not that much needs to be changed... but some big things reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly need changed and maybe a nice little foot note when they show the fabric
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

daily motion is where i watched em
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

9anime is always a thing
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

The best release of OVA4 to my knowledge is still on Nyaa (ID#987378).
I've extracted and attached the subs below.

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on June 11, 2018, 08:00:22 PM
Quote from: Ricin on June 11, 2018, 06:23:25 PM

I'm aware but I think i could pull it off in a few hours if i tried I know exactly where the messed up sections are vs. where I just adlibbed the subtitles cause remember before I got a copy of the dubs for 2 3 and 4 i was doing it without them by watching the video and compairing the text.

not that much needs to be changed... but some big things reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly need changed and maybe a nice little foot note when they show the fabric
If anyone wants to go through and check which lines need changing or additions, I could do the edits and retiming if needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

episode one:

4 minits:
What are you a paper fetching dog?
and what is the deal with that cute little outfit?
(this next line should be)
This look is a result of all three of us choushin being here in one place.
If I didn't take this form, it could easily cause a collapse in the third dimension

5minits:

change to:

Mihoshi-oneesama, it's almost time, please get ready.
I'm guessing it's going to be at 2 o'clock and 33 minutes today

on it!

8: 18:

I am sorry, I thought kai would be here for this event

Honestly you'd think he would be more considerate

It can't be helped, since Seina went up into space he hasn't had anyone to hang out with.

Speaking of Seina, have you heard anything about him?

It seems that Kiriko finally made up her mind to let Seina stay in space;
not that she had much of a choice once seto set her sights on him.

------------------

Change:

but you know you can go see him anytime you want right?

keep " That's true but ... ... "

change :

Airi-sama and your sister are also at the academy, so why don't you go see him?

It's just that it's not easy dealing with the tension when I'm around those two ... ...

You're just going to have to give up and get used to it.

Hasn't anyone else told you that already?

10:50

This looks like it's going to be quite powerful.

Seina Yamada has quickly become our accounting department's biggest benefactor, no, make that all of Jurai's benefactor,

It's only natural that we plan to equip him with the best!

please take extra care to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Yes, I know.I'll let them know to proceed carefully so that it performs well for Seina.

I know It can't be helped ... but this amount is a bit of a problem.

It looks as if the figures are incomplete

how much exactly are we going to spend?

Yes, well this is just a rough estimate,  can we afford to spend more?

Fine...

As for the reward from this last time, don't give it directly to Seina, you had best let Kiriko-chan take care of it.

as you wish

----------------------

"That's the Hyena Corps for you ... no mercy."
"But this amount is practically enough to fund a large nations annual budget... ... they can say that their not going to rely too much on Seina to balance their budget but at this rate they might as well crown him.

ringo chan has her work cut out for her.

Well that's due to the inheritance that Widow left him... It would be a huge hassle for Seina to have to deal with all of that.
Well isn't that why she told Ringo to leave it to Kiriko-chan?
Now that she is fine with him staying in space, I'm sure she will manage it properly

keep the keroberos line the same but add top note:

kerobero's is a nick name for kiriko cause she guards seina like a hellhound

you can't blame her, no one expected him to go up into space
or that he would have such a strong power over pirates.

Exactly ... I understand why she was opposed to it.
It's a pity for Tsukiko-chan though, but It sure will be fun to tease her about it at the wedding.

15:34

Why are you dressed like that, are you planning to go out picking up guys off the street?

That might not be a bad idea,
We've had a lot of promising young men enter the academy lately. 

This bitch ....

You better not do anything funny to seina while I'm not around!

Will you stop? Can't you see she is just troll baiting you!

16:40

If it's going to Airi, it's going to go to you sooner or later, wouldn't it be a good idea to check on it now?

I wonder if she has the same opinion as you on that.

Well then, you haven't used that body of yours in a while right.

Your head and hands can use this as training to break them in

19:10

also, it was leaked that she had missed her work deadline, so they extended it under the condition of her increasing the budget for every department

... Well then, it looks like no one is on her side this time, I have to remember to send an apology to her secretaries and get them some gifts when this is all done.

23:54
add in a note here

In the original draft novel:
ayeka doesn't tell but she can read a special code in the fabric
as you can see she is reading it here. What it says is:

Ayeka Masaki Jurai: Azusa's Daughter and wife of Tenchi Masaki.
presumably it says that for all of them

27:28

Will you go out with me
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on June 16, 2018, 10:13:49 PM
Snip
Newly edited subs attached below for review. I've made the recommended line changes with some retiming where needed (though in some places they changed the dialogue from how it appears in the draft so I had to make a few judgement calls). I've also included the recommended footnotes, but kept Ayeka's name spelled as Aeka for consistency with how it appears in the rest of the episode subs.

[attachment deleted by admin]

it's great so far, but you REALLY need to fix the first dialog with mizune otoko and fuuka because that is not at all what they are saying... listen clostly you will even hear fuuka say "Uiido-san" ... there's a reason i made that note... the original subbers just didnt know what was being said at alllllllllll.... the footnote is peeeeeeeeeeerfect and i love this font.  but she specificly mentions that it is the money from widow which is important in explaining what minaho and ringo are talking about after the kamidake and in establishing the timeline.

the let alone develop such power line needs to change, because it makes no sense... seina didn't develop no new powers...
at the very least it needs rephrasing

I specified picking guys up off the street for mikami because well that's literally what she is saying.. she says you look like your about to go out to do nanpa which is where you stand on the street and ask passerby's for sex.

I'm glad you changed the kono ama line... cause that is quite literaly just "This bitch!"

the if you quit wroking its just what she want's line is not clear enough to me that tennyo is saying hay stupid she is pulling your chain so you will be distracted from work. it sounds like instead she has some unexplained motive for doing it... the motive is she want's to troll airi so she will be delayed.

the next in line comment to mikami needs to be changed, it makes her seem like she is in line for airi's job which isn't the case, she is being told to do  it because anything routed to airi goes to her eventually anyways.

the terminal is not what is being refered to... it's her body  she hasn't used her young body in a while...

the part with minaho and the secretaries is fine as is since you cleared up she is getting her secretaries the gifts for keeping airi busy

other then those small notes it is PERFECT it was much better then the original had done

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

June 17, 2018, 02:29:45 PM #13 Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:11:44 PM by Fap_fapperson
not that much is needed for episode 2 mostly notes that address common concerns i see in the comments

this is important because of how often I see comments about how kiriko's mom is a married woman... which she isn't
top note:3:13

Tsukiko isn't married to Dai, Kai's father, and she hates him.

3:28 top note

Tsukiko was going to marry seina, because he couldn't support himself once he grew up.

3:47 top note

Kiriko's father died in what had been implied to be an attack from a zinv type entity.

note 4:26

Akie is the Onsen lady from episode 4, she is one of yosho's daughters with kasumi.

5:53

No, don't touch that Taro-chan!

5:55 note:

This is kasumi (The 2nd), she is taro's mother.

6:10 note

this is Kei, Akie's sister and tenchi's "aunt" from OVA 2.
She is tenchi's paternal grandmother's sister and Yosho's daughter.

9:17 note

Kasumi (The 1st), she's dead.

13:05

But, you know my mother was famous for causing a bad incedent,
no one would help her,
so I was her guinea pig, you see...

note: Airi's pregnacy was used by Widow to start a mass suicide that started a civil war that wiped out most of her nation and she was blamed for it by the survivors.

15:20

needs to be changed to "

you can say that, but isn't she supposed to be engaged to kanemitsu's son?

note: Kanemitsu had a daughter instead who was betrothed to Seina.

Yosho would never call kanemitsu that kanemitsu guy... kanemitsu is an old and dear friend and the first person he called from earth.... that kanemitsu guy... jeeeze

26:43

Note:
Eventually in Paradaise war they have Earth annexed to form the Earth Union State to solve this,
Minaho is bringing this up since she reports directly to Seto,
who decides to use a proxy war to solve the remaining pirate problem and help Tenchi.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

episode 3

3:45

"how is the delivery of widow's Astral coming, There aren't going to be any delays are there?

"Yes, It should be here as planned,
the progress of the procedure is also going smoothly, so far no problems have occurred"

"... ... ... okay, it looks like it's going well"

"With that, The Widow incedent is resolved, Lady Minaho."

"To tell you the truth I was just born when 'Widow's disaster' happened on Airai so it's not that big of a deal for me, but for my mother ... It definitely is. "

" Well then it's a good thing isn't it? Anyways Lady Minaho, what do you think about her astral being used for seina's ship?
........I mean it is going to be the same class of ship as Ryo Ohki."

"I think it's outrageous, but I can't argue with those in charge."

"oohoohoo. Yes that is Certainly so."

8:49

" I've already had two wives and i only ended up with a bunch of daughters ... ... ... besides I think this guy's probably going to be next. "

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here