Saying goodbye to Tenchiforum

Started by takahata, January 03, 2017, 10:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I actually really enjoyed the first translated novel. I was surprised how (well for Tenchi) dark it was though. I wish more of them could of got translated just for curiousity sake. Only seen the pictures so I can kinda guess what each one is about~

So that mean Dagon will stop acting like he is the voice in Tenchi Muyo fandom and past his times rewrite fact that doesn't fit his agenda? I have no problem someone  for example, prefer Hasegawa over MK but I have a problem when they start lying.

Quote from: Monster Man on January 11, 2017, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 05, 2017, 05:59:35 PM
Can anybody from there tell me why they never really pursued translating the rest of the Hasegawa novels?  Aside from MnE/DoD, which was covered by the movie, there were 11 more novels.

I'm not into Hasegawa's vision, but they seemed excited over it... and it seems odd that they wouldn't fully pursue a basically brand-new (to the west) continuity with all new stories and an ending they'll surely like as well as an author they fully support.

What a shame; read the first book once it was translated and had all that hype around it.

Wasn't a bad read, quite enjoyed it. Too bad they stopped there and then.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 12, 2017, 04:44:15 PM
Quote from: Monster Man on January 11, 2017, 09:23:50 PM
Can anybody from there tell me why they never really pursued translating the rest of the Hasegawa novels?  Aside from MnE/DoD, which was covered by the movie, there were 11 more novels.

I'm not into Hasegawa's vision, but they seemed excited over it... and it seems odd that they wouldn't fully pursue a basically brand-new (to the west) continuity with all new stories and an ending they'll surely like as well as an author they fully support.

What a shame; read the first book once it was translated and had all that hype around it.

Wasn't a bad read, quite enjoyed it. Too bad they stopped there and then.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you.

Quote from: Gaston on January 12, 2017, 08:12:21 AM
So that mean Dagon will stop acting like he is the voice in Tenchi Muyo fandom and past his times rewrite fact that doesn't fit his agenda? I have no problem someone  for example, prefer Hasegawa over MK but I have a problem when they start lying.

Hold up. What were they lying about?

Quote from: Monster Man on January 12, 2017, 08:57:15 PM

Quote from: Gaston on January 12, 2017, 08:12:21 AM

Hold up. What were they lying about?

Basically Dagon wanted absolutely MK had nothing to do being the creation of Tenci Muyo and that Tenchi was suppose to be with Ryoko. Among other thing he claim Achika was created before Mama!Kiyone and so MK rip-off a Hasegawa character...despite the fact Mama!Kiyone show up in episode 5 of OVA 1 during flashbacks. When I pointed it to him on tumblr he answered Achika was named first so she come first. He also shit on translations made by an old member of the Tenchi fandom because that person translated the manga that show maybe at the end of Tenchi Forever Tenchi actually end with Sasami and not Ryoko.

He aldo made a video where he get Petrea Buchard narrated some lied. I didn't watch the video but someone told me MK is called a misogynist based on a quote Dagon fabricated.

I'm not really sure why they didn't pursue more novels. The first came out and I anticipated more but then nothing else happened. I guess bits of the forum just moved on from Tenchi completely, or moved on from the idea of a forum itself in favor of social media. Tenchiforum itself was dead for awhile, just the same people posting to kick it along. It was no surprise when Dagon finally closed it.
Plenty of trees on Jurai, and plenty of big juicy melons.

QuoteBasically Dagon wanted absolutely MK had nothing to do being the creation of Tenci Muyo and that Tenchi was suppose to be with Ryoko. Among other thing he claim Achika was created before Mama!Kiyone and so MK rip-off a Hasegawa character...despite the fact Mama!Kiyone show up in episode 5 of OVA 1 during flashbacks. When I pointed it to him on tumblr he answered Achika was named first so she come first. He also shit on translations made by an old member of the Tenchi fandom because that person translated the manga that show maybe at the end of Tenchi Forever Tenchi actually end with Sasami and not Ryoko.

He aldo made a video where he get Petrea Buchard narrated some lied. I didn't watch the video but someone told me MK is called a misogynist based on a quote Dagon fabricated.

Well, shit. What can you do I guess?

Don't matter too much now.

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1487

QuoteThe short of it is: It's a lot of work.
yadda
yadda
yadda
The longer-short of it is: 12,000 pages is a lot of reading, interpreting, localizing and re-writing for minimal reward.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

"something, something, expecting different results..."

http://tenchiforum.com/universe/tenchiforum-5-0-tenchiforum-forever/

Best of luck, guys.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Yes. Good luck.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I looked at their forum. It shouldn't be called Tenchi Forum. It should be called Shilling Ai Tenchi forum. Everything is pushing Ai and Shitting on the Ryo-Ohki universe

That is a strange set of priorities.

Wouldn't it be better to just help out with improving the existing Tenchi wiki instead?