Yggdrasil Coffee House

Started by paladin313, August 11, 2012, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Honestly, I don't mind the direction the RP is going.  I think the Neutral ground is a good Idea and there are still loads of things that could happen.  I mean Toshiyuki Aoshima is still out there and is still an ass.  As for the RP's Plot, i see an Rp as almost another world and it is impossible for one person to completely control it without turning it into fanfiction.  so I think it's fine that Katz wants things to go a certain way, but this isn't the anime or manga so there will be a few differences.  Like our OCs for example.  So don't leave Katz, things were getting good.
"The secret to creativity is combining logic and science with Fantasy and fiction"

Where did I mention the temple should be neutral ground? I honestly don't recall. If it's about a part of the arcade being neutral ground, that was an attempt on Deberk's part to avoid Urd stomping in and making all sorts of demands/threats.

The storyline about Malek getting vengeance was both to cause a bit of chaos that Heaven's own security can be used against them in certain situations because of the wording of Keiichi's wish and deal with Belldandy, but also to let Ian know he should be wary of quite a few gods and goddesses and shouldn't freely trust them simply because they reside in Heaven. Sort of an odd lesson about free will and trust somewhere.

One of the reasons I'm quitting the Rp is I asked myself if I am having fun and if I'm enjoying what I'm doing in the rp.  I realized I wasn't. I also realized I was getting a bit bitchy because of it. So rather than continuing and risk ruining my friendship with you guys because of my attitude, I'm quitting the RP.

You can do what you want, but honestly, I'd hate to see you go.  Maybe I just don't have a handle on how this world works.  Maybe I should just shut the thread down because I mess up too much.
Fear is ignorance expressed through panic.

Please don't shut this down.  It was getting good.  and Katz, please don't go.
"The secret to creativity is combining logic and science with Fantasy and fiction"

I'm just too stupid about this world.  I have no clue how the heavens and hell are supposed to be fighting.  I can't run this.  I'm no good.

I could help.  I know a bit about the anime and manga

Trace, check your messages.

You are not stupid, Paladin.

From what I've seen of How Heaven and Hell interact at a few time, it kinda seems like something one would see in the background story of a cold war spy fiction movie/book or something. Only instead of Nuclear weapons, it's the doublet system keeping an uneasy peace.

As for why Hild and Mara are seemingly so friendly with Belldandy and everyone at the temple at times, the incidents seem to be small incidents that don't matter in the long run, except maybe as a bargaining/blackmailing point later. At least that what it seems with Hild. Mara's too emotionally involved with Urd. While one might claim the same with Hild towards Urd, Hild is far more willing to put her emotions aside and beat the stuffing out of Urd for getting in her way.

I'll still be around, I'm just not going to be playing in the RP.

But you just proved my point: I have been blowing it.  People too friendly, not enough cloak and dagger stuff that you seem to think is the whole point of OMG, and you seem to know more than me, so, I must be wrong.  I mean, I always saw it as they weren't foes, just beings with different needs and interests that clash from time to time, but I guess I was wrong.

Simply by that statement, I realize my thoughts are a lot more negative than you. I may be seeing things that aren't even there. More than likely, I'm seeing things that any writer of OMG never intended to be there at all.

OMG is supposed to be about a romcom Between Keiichi and Belldandy. The two love each other and the series is sweet without being sickeningly so.

And here I am thinking about some barely thought-of elements that are so far from what we see in all portrayals of OMG, they might as well be in a different series.

While writing my OMG what if chapters, more than once, I've thought to myself, "OMG is supposed to be a happy series. Why the hell do I write more chapters that end on a depressing note?"
My 'Keiichi is able to support an angel' chapters ended with Lind taking Blue Lance away and Keiichi sobbing in Belldandy's arms, for crying out loud!

I'm probably the last person who might think he has a good view of OMG. I can barely write a chapter at the moment without something becoming depressing.

I liked the chapters.  It seemed realistic.

Then it sounds to me that this is reflecting some personal things you may want to deal with before going on.  I think once you do that, your vision might change.  Tell you what: we'll put this on hiatus to give you time to think things through, or Trace and I can work through the telling Megumi thing and planning a wedding.

I think it'd be just better if I quit playing. I'll still be around, but I just won't be posting in the RP.

That's depression talking.  I want you to take time off--as much as you need.  We'll work out the Megumi thread, and you are welcome back whenever you are ready.

Because Katz is on hiatus, I need help.  Who would like some characters, like Urd and Chrono?