Congratulations!

Started by Ryo-Okay, October 28, 2017, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
You've just been hired by AIC. For your first project, you've been put in charge of creating a new 26 episode Tenchi AU. You're free to use characters from any Tenchi property as well as create brand new ones. The only rule is Tenchi needs to be the main character.

You want to focus on Tenchi, Ryoko, Ayeka and the rest? That's fine.

You're sick of Tenchi's harem and want to create a brand new set of girls that fall for Tenchi? That's okay too.

What's that? Noike AND Kiyone? In the same series? I'm not sure our universe could handle such a thing, but if that's what you want.

Give me your ideas for Tenchi AUs.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 28, 2017, 10:37:05 AM
You've just been hired by AIC. For your first project, you've been put in charge of creating a new 26 episode Tenchi AU. You're free to use characters from any Tenchi property as well as create brand new ones. The only rule is Tenchi needs to be the main character.

You want to focus on Tenchi, Ryoko, Ayeka and the rest? That's fine.

You're sick of Tenchi's harem and want to create a brand new set of girls that fall for Tenchi? That's okay too.

What's that? Noike AND Kiyone? In the same series? I'm not sure our universe could handle such a thing, but if that's what you want.

Give me your ideas for Tenchi AUs.
Useless harem
26 episodes of tenchi plowing feilds for 22 minits.
none of his harem shows up.
most of the conflict comes from forgetting things, tools breaking, carrots being super sized...

cancled after 2 episodes
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

October 28, 2017, 03:29:39 PM #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:22:37 PM by جبريل 無道
Quote from: Ryo-Okay on October 28, 2017, 10:37:05 AMYou're sick of Tenchi's harem and want to create a brand new set of girls that fall for Tenchi? That's okay too.

I think we just had that anime a couple of years ago ;)

I'm a simple person; make Tenchi and Tsunami siamese fraternal twins, the god/goddess of love, give them over 9,000 wives.  Tsunami can let Tenchi build up to that by letting him into other animes McGuyver style XD.  Obvious first things would be to erase Seina and Kenshi, so Ryoko Balta and Aura Shurifon can be with the Tenchi they belong and not just an inferior Tenchi-clone MK made later on. 

Maybe Tenchi can take over Keiichi so AMG can be a proper Belldandy, Urd, Skuld, Peorth and the rest harem, like it should have been instead of the boring storyline we got in the manga :D  Explore the sisterwife relationships too.  My favorite are Ayeka/Sasami, Ayeka/Washu, Sasami/Kiyone, Ayeka dominating Washu and Naja (mother of Seto), Ayeka dominating Airi and rest of her intrusive jurain family, Minaho/Kiyone/Tsukiko (I assume all three are sisters), etc.  I would type it all out later maybe :3

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

March 02, 2020, 01:02:14 PM #3 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:06:42 PM by WaitoKon
With the new OVA V happening these days, I wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to extrapolate the decision-making process AIC had with the leap from OVA 4 to 5. I'm sure some of Kajishima's creative direction has been explained away in the GXP novel and doujin updates (allegedly there are some translation issues with those afterwords, more power to you Eff for trying).

Therefore, I call on my fellow forumers to get the OVA Tenchi cast out of their crop rotation and back into a 26 episode bonanza, hypothetically as OP's post would suggest...

For me, first we have to go find out what became of the old world civilization (circa GXP novel 14) and see if the same Ahou nullification effect is behind the science that powers Seto's Mikagami. Then it is about time Washu perpetuated the OVA 3 "Operation: Lovey-Dovey" into an bi-annual holiday bash. This would allow the Xmas special episode to resemble the first Masaki house scenes from Daughter of Darkness. Now, both of these previous works are not well received in the community, hence the 26 episode spinoff would have a slower, staggered release schedule to squeeze through the saturated TV programming.

I call it Shin Mikagami IF and the pilot episode has grown-up Fuku reminiscing on her first time aboard Seto's royal ship, and how the characters she met during that excursion have all grown up / gone missing / got married since then.

Then, Tenchi makes a cameo at the start of the next episode, where he thinks trash pandas have taken over the neighborhood, but they are really just more Fuku clones that survived the wrath of Tarant those summers ago.

What are some new ideas you can bring?

I just wanna go back to the old days of space adventures mixed with slice-of-life shenanigans that segway into even more adventures.

March 07, 2020, 09:01:19 PM #5 Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:07:13 PM by GP cadet 87
Same.

I'd hope for two series to happen. A series about Seina's adventures in the GP alongside his harem. There's a lot of stories you can tell when you factor in that Seina's family eventually becomes very big, with a wide variety of different personalities and backgrounds, and the entire main cast are essentially space cops.

Two, a series focusing on Tenchi and his harem after he is officially recognized as a Juraian royal and has to deal with problems that come with that. Basically an updated/canon version of Jeffrey Harris' Harem Saga. Which is still THE Tenchi fan fic for me.

And of course, with both shows, a big dose of slice-of-life harem shenanigans.

That sounds good to me.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki