summarization help

Started by Eff Efferson, January 28, 2020, 02:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I'm working on summerizing the entire kajishimaverse timeline... obviously this is a huge endevour, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help, all you have to do is.. well watch one of the shows or one of the books and summerize the main plot of an episode.  all of dual has been summerised so far but like i still need aggaruter issekai gxp 1-12 photon and tenchi ova 1-3 summerised

if it doesn't have anything to do with the over arching plot in general and is slice of life fluf you can summerize it in like one line... for example instead of writing the details of all the shenanigans yayoi does at kazuki's place you can summerize like a 3rd of her episode of dual as "yayoi starts intruding on kazuki's daily life at home and it bugs mitsuki."

for example the episode of OVA 2 I love tenchi can be compressed into something like:

one day tenchi is carrying carrots back from the feild when ryo-ohki trys to help by levitating him, but a car comes by and in a panic tenchi has her drop him spilling the carrots which he has to pick up and continue taking back home by himself, when he gets home  he finds that ryoko has put on his mothers old outfit, as this happens sasami sends ryo-ohki up to get tenchi. Ryoko tears the outfit as she shows it off to tenchi and he yells at her, but ryo-ohki having popped in at the worst possible moment ,thinks she is talking to him. ryo-ohki goes running off in tears into washus lab where she encounters liforms known as the mass, whom she is partially made of, washu consoles her and she goes back up stairs, tench finds he and appologizes to her, ryoko finds him and appologizes to him by handing him the dress which is now poorly sewn back together.

later that night ryo-ohki wants to go with tenchi but she makes her stay home because he doesn't want anyone seeing her levitating him again. Ryo-ohki runs to washu to ask her to help her with the situation but washu is busy, she goes to cry about it back at the tank filled with mass and the mass start paying attention to her, washu explains what they are and then ayeka calls her and ryo-ohki back to the house to watch soap operas, their soap operas are interupted by a gp anouncement that the gp ship shunga has been stolen, as they watch the mass combine and break out of the lab, they find out but can't find the mass, washu explains the mass to the girls and explains that they follow strong wills and must be following ryo-ohki, durring the explanation ryoko is knocked out for a bit.  they check ryo-ohkis memories and realize that she wanted to go help tenchi in the feilds, they run out to save tenchi from the mass which is now shaped like a girl. when the mass gets near tenchi it senses his power and tries to attack him but ryoko comes swooping in late and distracts it, ryo-ohki jumps on the mass and assemilates it,  she aquires two new forms, an adult hamoid form, which she has trouble walking in and a child humanoid form. From then on she has a form that she can help tenchi in the feilds with.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

I hope to help out. I have to take care of some famiy stuff and then I can work on the GXP novels.

Interesting, are you looking to weave this together with the True Tenchi light novel formatting style? I think it is a good benchmark for how much of an episode to allude to in any one paragraph.

Quote from: WaitoKon on January 30, 2020, 08:57:07 PM
Interesting, are you looking to weave this together with the True Tenchi light novel formatting style? I think it is a good benchmark for how much of an episode to allude to in any one paragraph.

I'm looking to hopefully make a video series with them read outloud  so people who can't devote time to reading or watching can catch up on the plot or maybe have the plot explained to them by someone who gets what's going on.  the point of them is to explain everything so far. :/ the way your typical review show does.
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Ricin on January 28, 2020, 07:41:14 PM
I hope to help out. I have to take care of some family stuff and then I can work on the GXP novels.

How do you get it down to such a short series of sentences. I just summarized Chapter 1 of GXP 1 and it was 2 pages.

Quote from: Ricin on February 08, 2020, 06:16:58 PM
Quote from: Ricin on January 28, 2020, 07:41:14 PM
I hope to help out. I have to take care of some family stuff and then I can work on the GXP novels.

How do you get it down to such a short series of sentences. I just summarized Chapter 1 of GXP 1 and it was 2 pages.
are you kidding two pages for chapter 1 is great considering its an entire episode. most of the other chapters are like 5 minits of an episode at best
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Really. I am almost done chapter 2. When I am done I will post it on here.

i need someone to double check over my pre-tenchi history, make sure i didn't leave anything out.

https://tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/2020/02/juraian-history.html

I still need to summerize photon and geminars history but that's really not readily in my head.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thanks Eff, is there a category on the Fandom you want to port these over to, or keeping them on the translationblog website for now?

translaton blog for now this is an advanced spoiler filled intertextually informed summary of whats actually going on in the story.

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Remember when I said 2 pages was big, Chapter 3 is 5.5 pages long because there is so much important story info there. I hope to have Chapter 4 done by Monday night.

yeah thats specificly why i havent gone back and done it from book one lol. luckly book 2 should be asier
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Come on man, you have done so much heavy lifting that it would bring shame onto the fandom if we didn't help. 😁😁😁.

2 will be easier but establishing the foundation is important or future summaries will be full of WTF moments.

btw i played gap p finally.

the first option you have picking the wrong one gets you a censored pic of kei from aggaruter and leads to an early ending.  also from the extra scene selection option you cana ctually tell that for some reason miki has a sex scene in the game... but shes an extra character...
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here