"AIC, Toei Agency Sign Deal to Co-Own Megazone 23, Tenchi Muyo, etc"

Started by Kicksville, April 16, 2021, 12:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Harls on June 28, 2021, 05:39:17 PM
Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 27, 2021, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Nonsuch Ned on June 27, 2021, 10:30:47 PM
I thought GXP was gone months ago. I forget the reasoning. Was  it back temporaily and now gone again?

I put it on my que back in mid may and it had the episodes listed that I remember.

Huh. It should have been gone two years ago.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-07/funimation-tenchi-muyo-gxp-anime-digital-rights-expire/.143081
Whoah. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention at the time. Is it terrible like War on Gemnar episode 1 is?  (edit) The series is on my que, but no episodes.
They live. We sleep.

Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 28, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
Is it terrible like War on Gemnar episode 1 is?

Ehh?!  :aaa:

Quote(edit) The series is on my que, but no episodes.

Yeah, they still offer the DVD's (though currently out-of-stock), so the show page exists.
The video streams ended two years ago.
My bad.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on June 29, 2021, 06:18:21 AM
Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 28, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
Is it terrible like War on Gemnar episode 1 is?

Ehh?!  :aaa:

Quote(edit) The series is on my que, but no episodes.

Yeah, they still offer the DVD's (though currently out-of-stock), so the show page exists.
The video streams ended two years ago.
My bad.

Wasn't trying to correct you, just my thought process on what I saw before.
They live. We sleep.

TOEI ANIMATION is the producer of two well known anime series.  The two series are Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z.  Both series have evolved into having their own sequels. as well as becoming franchises.  The Tenchi Muyo metafranchise and its sister series are going to be in good company.

:Hek: :vrage: :Ryoko:

Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 29, 2021, 03:42:00 PM

Oh, no. Upon re-reading what I wrote, I didn't clearly say what I had intended.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on June 30, 2021, 01:13:24 AM
Quote from: RyannVonDoom on June 29, 2021, 03:42:00 PM

Oh, no. Upon re-reading what I wrote, I didn't clearly say what I had intended.

Gotcha. I'm too new here to insult anyone anyway haha. Thanks for the input.
They live. We sleep.

Toei is one of the few companies AIC could sell to that I have no concerns about. I'm far more concerned about western distributors.
Oh, did I see Iczer Reborn in that list? Everyone on this forum should give that a watch at least once. Once you have, you'll understand why.
[spoiler]Something about a genius scientist that created the Iczers, one of whom is an innocent younger girl with long, spiky cyan hair and golden eyes that can fly, walk through walls, teleport, has super-strength, and fights with an energy sword (2 actually) and by shooting energy beams. Check the credits. You'll see a familiar name there.[/spoiler]

Quote from: takahata on June 29, 2021, 03:46:46 PM
TOEI ANIMATION is the producer of two well known anime series.  The two series are Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z.  Both series have evolved into having their own sequels. as well as becoming franchises.  The Tenchi Muyo metafranchise and its sister series are going to be in good company.

:Hek: :vrage: :Ryoko:
Aside from Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, Toei Animation is also responsible for Digimon, One Piece, Pretty Cure, Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Saint Seiya, Transformers G1 (The Japan-only sequels included), Kinnikuman (Of which Kinnikuman Nisei was released here as Ultimate Muscle), GoLion, Dairugger XV (These two are the anime that Voltron is based on), Tiger Mask (All 3 iterations), GeGeGe no Kitaro, Ojamajo Doremi, Toriko, World Trigger, and so forth. And beyond anime, they're also responsible for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai (Which has been adapted into the various seasons of Power Rangers since it started, but word going around is that will no longer be the case once Dino Fury wraps up).

Good company is an understatement here, LOL. :)
Quote from: Dreamr on August 02, 2021, 05:32:57 PM
Toei is one of the few companies AIC could sell to that I have no concerns about. I'm far more concerned about western distributors.
Same on both fronts. Though given how much of Toei's recent stuff has been put up on streaming services (Seasons of PreCure have been legally coming over to streaming services gradually with the current seasons getting same day releases as Japan, and Toei is even making steps to push Kamen Rider in the west now; both of these can be considered as "hell has frozen over" type situations to varying degrees given the western licenses and so forth that prevented PreCure and Kamen Rider from coming over in the past), I don't think that western distribution issues should be nearly as much a concern as they would have been a few years ago.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

So what does this all mean for Funimation and the future of Tenchi?
They live. We sleep.

Aren't Funimation and Crunchyroll supposed to merge via a recent business deal, or do I misremember?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Yes.
Sony just closed on the deal a week or two ago.
Right now the licenses status's are unchanged.

I am worried about that this will allow Sony to censor and control the content of the vast majority of anime series though. They are already doing that to video games since they moved their main office to California, and are selling far worse in Japan because of it.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

The merger happened August 9th. Wonder how things are going to go from here.
They live. We sleep.