Lasers and Discs and scans - oh my!

Started by For Washuu, October 30, 2019, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Heyo.

Four years ago, TenchiForum lightly banned me for using a "DO IT, F*****" motivational poster to cheer on a fellow fan, and so I somehow managed to ~not~ upload scans of LaserDisc exclusive comics and Pioneer/AIC translated commentary.
Come to think of it, I didn't even scan them.  I was so done.  :|

But enough about that! 

Since then, I also have gotten an English-language release of a Chisa Yokoyama Live in L.A. LaserDisc that includes Tenchi-related interviews with Yokoyama aaand Sherry Lynn! 

So, the question: Would I help by ripping and uploading these things?  Or is this all kinda old hat?

Wait, is this thing supposed to have Yokoyama and Lynn on stage at the same time, or two separate interviews?
The second one sounds interesting enough, but the first would be something I've never even heard of before, a character's English and Japanese VA discussing their shared role. :damn:

One can never hear enough live renditions of the Tenchi OVA 1 and 2 OST  :brit

Oh, look - I took forever to get back to you guys here on the forum again.
As usual.

[facepalm]

Well, I'm happy to get the encouragement! ^-^
I'll look into it more when I can and figure the best way to rip a freaking LaserDisc, but my life isn't gonna settle down between now and January, soo~

:Sas1:

You do what you can, keep us in the loop over the holiday season and if you need to track down said laserdisc.

Oh, I've got the disc already. :P
And I've looked it over again. It is indeed Sharyn Scott and Chisa Yokoyama onstage at the same time!

AaAaAAaaannnnd it was already posted to YouTube.  Twelve years ago.  And since starting this thread...
Though, that is a pretty disturbing Frankensteining of the song.  Geeze. 

Ho hum.  There's still plenty more to rip from the disc - like the interviews.   Time to buy a proper LaserDisc player.  Wanna take a guess who makes 'em?

Oh, dear...

Fair to say the industry outright jumped the shark and nuked the fridge from orbit with the huge reliance on Laserdisc and video CD in the first decade of Tenchi. But anyway, how good is that YouTube link's scan quality for the Sharyn and Chisa stage performance?

Quote from: WaitoKon on December 15, 2019, 03:16:28 PM
Fair to say the industry outright jumped the shark and nuked the fridge from orbit with the huge reliance on Laserdisc and video CD in the first decade of Tenchi. But anyway, how good is that YouTube link's scan quality for the Sharyn and Chisa stage performance?

I downloaded a torrent collecting a buncha Tenchi music. Lo and behold a lot of the soundtracks were straight up audio dramas. They really put effort into churning those out.

Quote from: Monster Man on December 18, 2019, 08:44:39 PM
I downloaded a torrent collecting a buncha Tenchi music. Lo and behold a lot of the soundtracks were straight up audio dramas. They really put effort into churning those out.

No joke!  Yet sadly we'll never hear Matt Miller or K.T. Vogt voicing them.  Pity...

I think the pattern is Original raw broadcast, fandub, fan parody dub, original season 2 raw broadcast, fan re-dub and brief season 2 parody announcement, then official dub.

Quote from: For Washuu on December 19, 2019, 05:25:12 PM

No joke!  Yet sadly we'll never hear Matt Miller or K.T. Vogt voicing them.  Pity...

Man that would've been striking a vein of gold if this had been realized.

Quote from: Monster Man on January 04, 2020, 06:44:30 PM
Quote from: For Washuu on December 19, 2019, 05:25:12 PM
Man that would've been striking a vein of gold if this had been realized.

Money taaallks~~

no, really, we could just hire them ourselves or something...