Pokemon Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, January 08, 2013, 08:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My only complaint so far: The trainer desgins. Why are we stuck with these realistic hair colors on the trainers in recent games? Get some goddamn color in there! Brown and blonde hair gets so fucking boring after a while. I get it if you're going for some kind of "realism", but we know other NPC's have colorful hair, so why have boring ass realistic hair colors for the main characters again? Look at the female trainer from Crystal! She looked awesome!
And they even managed to give her brown hair in SoulSilver and HeartGold... :neg:

Other than that, I fucking love you for doing this Nintendo. I remember playing Stadium with my friends and talking about how awesome it would be with a Pokemon rpg in 3D.
Then Pokemon Colosseum came out. Then we talked about how awesome a GOOD Pokemon 3D rpg would be.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

My problems with it so far:

Graphics look dated, I know graphics aren't everything but it looks down right awful and I don't want to look at that all day

Combat looks the same so far.

Don't know about X and Y features but so far this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/pet-battle has topped pokemon in Depth at least and it technically has a bigger multiplayer element to it as well (there is NO REASON AT ALL for X&Y to NOT HAVE online multiplayer at this point)

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 08, 2013, 09:07:07 PM
Don't know about X and Y features but so far this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/pet-battle has topped pokemon in Depth at least and it technically has a bigger multiplayer element to it as well (there is NO REASON AT ALL for X&Y to NOT HAVE online multiplayer at this point)

Opinion Alert :siren:
WoW monster designs look boring, multiplayer beyond trading Pokemon is boring, being too complicated makes it boring, not being on handheld is boring, paying money monthly to play it is boring.

And hey, Pokemon is nostalgic as fuck. Imagine if we can og back to Kanto like in Gen 2, but this time in 3D!!!

Oh man, now I can't wait to catch a Pumbloom. In 3D!!!
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Quote from: Tensami on January 09, 2013, 12:44:34 AM
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 08, 2013, 09:07:07 PM

Opinion Alert :siren:
WoW monster designs look boring, multiplayer beyond trading Pokemon is boring, being too complicated makes it boring, not being on handheld is boring, paying money monthly to play it is boring.

And hey, Pokemon is nostalgic as fuck. Imagine if we can og back to Kanto like in Gen 2, but this time in 3D!!!

Oh man, now I can't wait to catch a Pumbloom. In 3D!!!

Pokemon designs aren't exactly great ether. but ya the WoW monsters aren't exciting I'm more pointing out the fact that the WoW pet battles are a mini game and do a lot of what pokemon fans have been asking for (Deeper game/Online multiplayer).

So..... I guess they ran out of colors, gems, and color/gem combinations that sound decent.

Also nostalgia bomb.

February 12, 2013, 12:13:25 AM #9 Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:23:08 AM by Tenchi Ryu
New eeveelution confirmed, Ninfia

Loving this since I'm a HUGE eevee family fan. They are my favorite pokemon.

Ninfia now confirmed here overseas as Sylveon, type still currently unknown.

New pokemon who has very similar features to Mewtwo, most likely related

As expected, but probably not so soon. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire announced, remakes of the 3rd generation Ruby and Sapphire on GBA. Expected November 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/v/ywGSON9tNq0

Bumping this dead thread to ask if Pokemon Snap is any good. The new one looks neat, but I never played the original. How much can you actually do in a game about just taking pictures? Nice to see Meganium get some love in the new trailer and the box art.

Also, Diamond and Pearl remakes seem like they will be announced soon. Here's hoping they don't screw it up since Sinnoh is my favorite region.