New Kajishima Series: Paradise War

Started by Dr.Soviet, January 26, 2013, 12:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: shades of blue on January 25, 2013, 06:00:16 PM
Reading over some of the gibberish gtrans spat out, the new series appears to be titled Paradise War or Paradise Cult War. (Both names are mentioned.) It takes place in the "south islands" and revolves around a transfer student with an interest in diving. The main character's name is Ueshima Van (I think), he encounters 4 exotic babes and shortly after all of his troubles begin.

It's a long shot, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the story likely revolves around those island girls from the cover of Kamidake Onsen 10. Also I'm banking on the dark skinned girl with the aqua green hair to be a mermaid. Given the setting and that MC has an interest in diving, it seems fitting.

(That's all we got so far folks so feel free to speculate!)

I'll go ahead and throw in my two cents, As far as I can tell it probably won't tie into the tenchiverse at all. Which I think would mark the first time a Non-Hentai Kajishima series didn't tie in?

Compared to the old Tenchi art, not a fan of the ultra pointy chins.  (This irked me of his Ryoko Balta sketch in a GXP novel as well.

Well, at least it's something.  I don't recall MK ever starting a series in novel format first.  Wonder why he's going that route?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on January 26, 2013, 12:57:33 PM
Compared to the old Tenchi art, not a fan of the ultra pointy chins.  (This irked me of his Ryoko Balta sketch in a GXP novel as well.

Well, at least it's something.  I don't recall MK ever starting a series in novel format first.  Wonder why he's going that route?

I think shades said it may be to drum up support to get it animated.

From the titles Paradise war or Paradise Cult War and the series setting, the story will be focus on an Altantis type storyline.  I don't assumed that the story will involved Atlantis at all. Since it has to do something with the sea, one of the girls in the picture is likely a mermaid.  The mermaid does not have to be the dark skin female.  Yet since she has a couple of marks on her forehead, she may be a mermaid.

Knowing MK, the series will be somehow connected to the Tenchi Multiiverse.

Pink eyes, blue hair, two dots on her head (albeit vertical), and a possible mermaid -- I wonder if she has any connection to TSUNAMI, a big wave?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: takahata on January 26, 2013, 01:19:06 PM
  I don't assumed that the story will involved Atlantis at all.
Neither do I.  :speculate:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

January 26, 2013, 06:18:00 PM #7 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:24:09 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Suck it Oreimo and Haganai....

You just lost your spot as Light Novel King  :chord: :chord: :chord:

InB4 : "This is baby Taro from episode 8" theories...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 26, 2013, 06:18:00 PM
Suck it Oreimo and Haganai....

You just lost your spot as Light Novel King  :chord: :chord: :chord:

InB4 : "This is baby Taro from episode 8" theories...

Guin Saga weighs in at 130 volumes & had 5 of them released in English, school setting shit like Oreimo could never best those feats. :parrot:

Taro is or should I say was the most common Japanese male name, so I wouldn't read much into that. Plus gtrans did mention MC's name was Van. Thou I do expect Paradise Wars to be in some way connected to the rest of Kaji's multiverse. After all, there's no reason for him to break the cycle this late in the game. :duck:

Quote from: shades of blue on January 26, 2013, 07:03:57 PM
After all, there's no reason for him to break the cycle this late in the game. :duck:

Why not? He loves messing with us.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

January 27, 2013, 08:22:00 AM #12 Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:24:02 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: LightHawkWing on January 27, 2013, 05:21:31 AM
So this is the big news?
Well if you're only in this for Tenchi, I guess you find some positive in this. Could be worse, we could be HOTD fans and be left in the cold from our creator being MIA.

But I'm loving it, cause the possiblities are big. I've mentioned before that Kaji has a respectable fan base in Japan, so he should get some results with this, especially since the light novel business has almost come to par with the manga business. And the successful ones are getting anime adaptions. This is great because the anime scene can use something fresh to the table. Getting tired of the same old high school romcom formula that's been a dead horse getting beat up for 10 years now. Just reading the vague synopisis makes it sound more original than 90% of the junk out nowadays. So I'm all for this new novel project and hope it succeeds. The fact that the girls look hot and not moe helps a ton too...

I do get a slight "Umi no Misaki" vibe from the synopsis.

Not a bad thing.  :heysexy:

Quote from: Dr.Soviet on January 26, 2013, 07:19:01 PM

Why not? He loves messing with us.

Masaki Kajishima getting Tenchi fans hopes up just to see their tears...

(That's Kaji in the back)