Tenchi Soundtracks

Started by Tenchi Ryu, February 03, 2013, 04:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 03, 2013, 04:59:01 AM Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:10:05 AM by Tenchi Ryu
Although OVA 1+2 soundtrack usually gets love, OVA 3 and GXP's soundtracks get vastly underrated imo. I really appreciate how bold they were with the instruments, especially that accordion player who's appeared on both OVA 3 and GXP songs....that mofo can jam. Almost as good as epic OVA 1 bass guitar player. Lots of spanish guitar too in the OVA 3 and GXP as well, I like that.

Listening to "Noble Dimensions", basically the theme when Tenchi comes out of his mortal shell to talk to himself and get him to calm down (technically the soft version plays first, the real orchestra version starts when Tenchi kisses Misaki). So majestic and royal like, definitely sounds like the song you'd here with a deity before you. GXP also got a few catchy tunes. Like for one, I love Seiryo's GXP's theme "Shizu Ryuu toujou"(one of the songs with a STRONG spanish guitar part). If he would have had this playing when he landed to battle Tenchi, I would have thought he was actually intimidating lol. This song feels like the person it belongs to will kick your ass Zorro style.

Damn it sucks a lot of the Tenchi soundtracks got taken off Youtube.

Well.  Not a lot I can add.  Except that I agree all the way!
And I used a looped version of "Dark Shadow Mystery" as the background music for a one-act play back in high school.

Such a great track for the mysterious and unknown vibe....Could be used well for someone up to some kind of mischief or something.