Little Kagato/Noike question

Started by LightHawkWing, February 13, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not entirely understanding why Noike's mother would get Dr. Clay to regress her back to an infant to keep her man of the moment. Surely having a baby who needs constant care and surveillance 24/7 is much more of a distraction to a relationship than having a little girl who appears to be about 6.

She might have tried to trick the bastard saying it was his. This chick was desperate after all. I know that a lot of guys aren't necessarily comfortable being with women who already have kids, especially when they are already grown. At least with a baby, the guy can raise it as his own and feel its truly his compared to trying to play the "get to know you" role.

February 14, 2013, 04:08:25 AM #2 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:52:06 AM by LightHawkWing
That makes perfect sense. It also would explain why Noike has blue hair. She probably genetically modified it to make it seem like she was actually her child.

I don't understand the Tenchi wiki page on her at all.

http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Noike_Kamiki_Jurai
QuoteThere was one instance during her tenure in the G.P. that had Noike confront her past. While investigating a simple traffic accident, Noike ran the DNA of a woman involved in the incident through the database and found that it was the mother who abandoned her. Noike's mother proceeded to tell her the story of her abandonment and pleaded with her to let her go because she got "a good man."....
After Tenchi rescued the little girl, he was pulled back to the present and she drifted off into some other point in time. The little girl was found by the woman who Noike knows as her mother. However, a child this old would have interfered with her attempts to hold on to a man. So Noike's mother had Dr. Clay perform illegal modifications to regress her back into a baby. As a result of the procedure, female Kagato's consciousness split into two forms; the personality of the white haired girl saved by Tenchi, and a new personality who became Noike. The little girl's consciousness reverted into astral form while the new Noike consciousness kept the physical body, the latter taking control while the former did things subconsciously.

I'm confused.  How would the DNA test have pointed Noike to a woman that found her?  They wouldn't have shown them to have a mother/daughter relationship.   :???:

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

As stated by Light Hawk Wing, Noike was genetically modified which is why she has her mother's hair. Once Kagato's astral form fully fused back with Noike, Noike's hair even began to get wavy again(like Kagato's), as opposed to straight like her mother's.

Noike might even have some of the man her mother was trying to hold onto's DNA, just in case they went on 'Space Maury'. But maybe not, since he left her anyway and she put the baby up for adoption to snag a different guy.

Just to add on to Y_Anthony_who's answer, Clay was the one who modified her DNA, and its the reason Noike's cells have Clay's symbol on them which gets noticed by Washu in episode 20. What Clay did behind Noike's mother back however was install a "watch mode" in these cells where someone could look through Noike's eyes and use her as biological binoculars. This is what Z used to watch and spy on Tenchi. The first true scene of Noike represents this in episode 14...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on February 14, 2013, 07:47:56 PM
Just to add on to Y_Anthony_who's answer, Clay was the one who modified her DNA, and its the reason Noike's cells have Clay's symbol on them which gets noticed by Washu in episode 20. What Clay did behind Noike's mother back however was install a "watch mode" in these cells where someone could look through Noike's eyes and use her as biological binoculars. This is what Z used to watch and spy on Tenchi. The first true scene of Noike represents this in episode 14...

I mean I could understand why he did that seeing as how little Kagato looked pretty much identical to his rival Naja.

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on February 14, 2013, 09:07:35 AM
I don't understand the Tenchi wiki page on her at all.

http://tenchi.wikia.com/wiki/Noike_Kamiki_Jurai
QuoteThere was one instance during her tenure in the G.P. that had Noike confront her past. While investigating a simple traffic accident, Noike ran the DNA of a woman involved in the incident through the database and found that it was the mother who abandoned her. Noike's mother proceeded to tell her the story of her abandonment and pleaded with her to let her go because she got "a good man."....
After Tenchi rescued the little girl, he was pulled back to the present and she drifted off into some other point in time. The little girl was found by the woman who Noike knows as her mother. However, a child this old would have interfered with her attempts to hold on to a man. So Noike's mother had Dr. Clay perform illegal modifications to regress her back into a baby. As a result of the procedure, female Kagato's consciousness split into two forms; the personality of the white haired girl saved by Tenchi, and a new personality who became Noike. The little girl's consciousness reverted into astral form while the new Noike consciousness kept the physical body, the latter taking control while the former did things subconsciously.

I'm confused.  How would the DNA test have pointed Noike to a woman that found her?  They wouldn't have shown them to have a mother/daughter relationship.   :???:

In the actual episode she said "I realized she was my mother after a genetic ID check."