Kuis, Kuisu, or Quis?

Started by Nonsuch Ned, September 23, 2020, 08:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As I've mentioned earlier. I'm going on a tear writing stuff on the Tenchi wiki lately and I'm stuck a little. What do we call her? Kuis, Kuisu, Quis? I was accidentally writing Kuisa lately.
I was going more with eff's "Kuisu" but with Crunchryroll using "Kuis" I guess that should be the one used?
And wasn't Seina supposed to give her a new name?! So we wouldn't even have to care?

...Not that going by CR's subs should always be the rule. I mean, I know WHY they call it "Tabletop Island" but I agree with AstroNerdBoy, it's a proper name, you don't translate proper names... even if you DO end up thinking about bluegrass when it comes up. You can even say it's a ship name and maybe should be called "Banjojima" instead. You wouldn't translate Kirito as "Sealing Fog" or Mikagami as "Reflecting Water."
...in my pants

:eng101: Yeah, I got nothing. Except maybe she's supposed to have a foreign enough sounding name due to her mysterious origins.

Eff Efferson, Ricin, or AstroNerdBoy might know. You can PM them.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

I'm not going to push it too much. For some reason, my fingers still want to type "Kuisa." I did a search on my wiki edits and found I had typed it almost a dozen times. For now, changed them all to "Kuis."
I think the only thing that would determine it will be official hard releases. If OVA5 is ever released (I still contend that someone will license and release 4 & 5 together,) then the spelling used there will necessarily be official.

They all have  their points
Kuis is what it sounds like to westerner ears.
Quis is simply a cooler looking version and completely westernizes the name with the spelling we would give a word that sounds like that.
Kuisu uses an accepted spelling method for the name (think how Sasuke is not spelled Saske, or worse, even though our western ears do not hear the "su.")
...in my pants

Okay. What did Crunchyroll call her?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki