Photon: The Idiot Adventures

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 10, 2012, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 10, 2012, 06:04:03 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:05:54 PM by Tenchi Ryu

Now for me, the first 3/4 of Photon was great, the story was interesting and was funny as hell. But i honestly did not like the final episode of Photon, the one episode I remember Kajishima did NOT direct, and you could tell. Compared to the rest of this series, it was dark as hell, really twisted and just left a very bad taste in my mouth. Keyne's true past was absolutely terrible and I felt really bad she had such a fucked up father. Luckily, the series was able to get back on track at the end with Photon in true Kajishima fashion hooking up with and most likely marrying all the girls.

This is the only series by Kajishima I have not watched yet. Do you recommend it?
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

Quote from: Auir on August 10, 2012, 06:08:34 PM
This is the only series by Kajishima I have not watched yet. Do you recommend it?
Hmmm, well Photon himself doesn't follow the norm of male leads compared to the other shows. He's more timid, a lot more quiet, and can come off as a airhead at times. But he's still a good guy who cares about his friends, and is strong as hell. He might be a little shy, but he will still kick your ass if you mess with him or one of his girls. Other than the final episode, I really enjoyed it. Honestly, once the final episode got back on track, it became a lot better and was able to live a good final impression on me. So I definitely recommend Photon, especially to Harem lovers.

That meh for me. Some part was good and I like Keyne and Lashara, but overall I found it a bit boring (especially at the end), the others characters are annoying and Photon  is not interest. BTW, how old he is ? He looks like he is 10 years old. I like teenager get old women but that a bit too young for me.

Sounds good, alright. I'll watch it.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

I really enjoyed Photon, despite all the issues everyone else seems to have with it.

Quote from: Gaston on August 10, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
BTW, how old he is ? He looks like he is 10 years old. I like teenager get old women but that a bit too young for me.

Probably 15, as that is a common age is characters tend to share. If not for Kazuki, I'd say it's a given.

Tenchi Masaki    15 (17 in GXP, 32 by Geminar)
Kazuki Yotsuga  16
Photon Earth     ??
Seina Yamada   15
Kenshi Masaki   15

others unknown:
Taiyo
Gen Hiraga
Shougo Yoshisuzu

I had Tenchi at 18 by GXP, thought it was a 2 year span of the entire OVA series, then another 1 year gap making 3 years.

nah, he's 17. Tenchi was 15 when he released Ryoko and in GXP Yosho states nearly 2 years has passed since then. OVA3 takes place mostly before GXP, but not all of it. Seina spent an entire semester in space by the time EP17 began, so less than 6 months have passed since OVA3 ended. In other words everything within OVA1-3 takes place over a 1.5year time period.

Ah that's right, he did say that. Thanks for the clear up. And seeing that pic, I would try to mux the custom subs for GXP, but shit, 26 episodes, one at a time....that's gonna take a while lol.

Does anyone else think that Photon is within or at least a parallel universe to the TM! OVA, like Dual?

Quote from: Eric3285 on November 13, 2012, 10:25:33 PM
Does anyone else think that Photon is within or at least a parallel universe to the TM! OVA, like Dual?

I think it's ISMs past?

Quote from: Eric3285 on November 13, 2012, 10:25:33 PM

Actually, MK confirmed that *all* his series are connected somehow.

Honestly never occurred to me that it could be ISM's past, would make sense

Yeah, i figured MK would somehow keep all his series connected

Quote from: Eric3285 on November 14, 2012, 07:52:23 PM
Honestly never occurred to me that it could be ISM's past, would make sense

Yeah, i figured MK would somehow keep all his series connected

Even his Hentai are funny enough