Fall 2012 Anime

Started by Gaston, September 08, 2012, 12:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am still watching the new seasons of To Love Ru. Still annoying by the censor, but in the episode of it week, Rito is change into a girl again and after having problem with saw his/her body, he decide it is dumb and watch himself at the mirror and have no problem see his naked body as a girl. Is...Is that character development ? Is he will have no problem with naked girls now ?  :o

Quote from: Gaston on November 04, 2012, 06:23:53 AM
Is that character development ? Is he will have no problem with naked girls now:o
>Rito
>Character development
>Not scared of girls...

That seems happen according to TV Tropes.  ::)
Hates Being Touched: Hates it when girls start clinging onto him. This is more due to embarrassment than anything else. Lately, though, he starts to improve, and even stood up for Run when Yui chastised her for clinging to him.
Took a Level in Badass: The overarching plot in Darkness has given Rito something to do, rather than being a passive victim of the universe.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ToLoveRu

Since it season ending, I decide gives very short review about anime from it season I saw so far even if nobody cares.

K: I am disappointed by it series. I thought I would like but in fact I didn't care about the plot or the characters.

Medaka Box Abnormal: Really good and I think I even prefer it over the first season. At first, I was afraid the battle boring me but they are pretty much interesting. I want more. One thing annoyed me: while the plot of the last episode was good, that annoying me that nothing to do with Medaka. Hey a final episode of a Gainax show that troll people. That fucking new.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne: That show was really funny (the red-haired girl FTW) but two things annoyed me. 1. The sister is of course not blood related to her brother and she doesn't know it. That so cliche than that not funny anymore. 2. The serie seems finish on status quo is god with the guy doesn't really choice a girl. That really annoying since at episode 11 the guy get all the girls from his harem and they lives as a happy family...but of course that just a dream.  :sotw:

To Love-Ru Darkness: I found it correct thought the censor annoying me as hell. Think god it still have two ova without censor. I liked the character development in the show but I feel that still slow. I want Rito get a harem. And why the hell he still blush see naked girls while he had not watching himself as a girl in the mirror. What kind of logic is this ? And they should 'Rito does something pervert by accident and the girl hit him' THAT NOT FUNNY AFTER 1500 BILLIONS TIMES.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: Found it correct and I don't have too much to said about it

Can't even do mine yet since I have to wait a week before the final Code: Breaker comes out....

Wow that a long week ! And I said it because I really like read your review and I hope I can read more of your review soon.

Quote from: Gaston on January 10, 2013, 04:42:25 AM
Wow that a long week ! And I said it because I really like read your review and I hope I can read more of your review soon.

LOL, yea between all the stuff that was going on, I couldn't find time to watch any anime. Got the final 2 episodes of Codebreaker downloaded as well as my winter shows...so I should be writing stuff shortly.

January 13, 2013, 12:46:57 AM #37 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:13:05 AM by Tenchi Ryu

FINALLY, finally finished the last show (Damn you codebreaker) of the season and can wrap my Fall season up. Because some shows like Magi carried over into the Winter season, I'll focus on just the shows that actually ended. Let's DO DIS JOHNNY..

Btooom!

So comes the end to Madhouse's latest series, and it was honestly pretty good. Not mindblowing or anything, but a solid series for those who love action with a tad of drama. Animation and sound were good, and the direction of the show was decent. One of my only issues was how incredibly NAIVE the main character was at times. All I know is, if I know my life is at risk because the only way out is to kill the other people on this island with me, no way in hell would I have been as trusting as he was. Gonna be cautious the entire time and trust NO ONE.

7.5 out of 10

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

This was heavily anticipated by fans of the Visual Novel so it had somewhat decent expectation. For me personally, I just needed my Robot Mecha fill, and this one was my choice. Now granted, what we also got was some side romantic/harem action, so for me I welcomed it. For others though, especially the ones who came in for the Gore and violence might have felt disappointed. Luckily though, the final episodes brought back what the first episodes had, bodies piling up. The growing up the Main character and one of the "harem members" did was very well done, and was a big shining point on the show. They went from hating each others' guts to almost wanting to strip each other naked, well at least the girl did. And Yuuya had some pretty badass heroic moments, so in the end, I was definitely entertained.

8 out of 10

Busou Shinki

So...I can't rate this series because to be blunt, it bored me and I dropped it. The premise was these little robot girls about the size of an action figure had masters and used them to battle, sorta like pokemon. But instead of catching them, you bought them and also bought upgrades for them if you wanted. It would have been ok if the plot would have taken it somewhere, but it went nowhere, literally. One episode they go to the beach, the next they go to the woods, then the next they do some random race and shit. That pretty much wraps up the show....RANDOM. The only thing it had going for it was the action, which isn't surprising since these are the same people who made Infinite stratos, so the battles looked similar here. Unfortunately it just didn't have anything else going for it...

No score, dropped

Sword Art Online

This was the most talked about show of the past 2 seasons, for both good and bad. When this first came on in the Summer season, it was HUGELY hyped due to the successful light novel its based on. For the first half it was pretty much what people expected off the premise: Guy gets stuck in a virtual RPG and has to fight his way up to get out while meeting new friends along the way. He does that and successfully gets out. And with that we......are on episode 13 of a 24 episode series? :rwhy:
Yea, so entering the Fall season SAO entered its second half, and with what some felt was a completely different show. Basically the main character Kiriko goes into ANOTHER virtual world to save Asuna, the girl he fell in love with from the first half. It's basically a wash rinse repeat flow except that this time, his cousin Suguha is apart of the world and she has feelings for him. The fact that a lot of the fans preferred her to Asuna didn't help the shows case. Luckily for me, I could give two shits about that wack ass Otaku drama, I'm just trying to be entertained. And luckily I was til the end.

7.5 out of 10

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!

This was suppose to be my Harem romcom of the season, and in the end I guess I can say it was mission accomplished. Only thing is that from a harem point of view, it was very meh. The Main Character pretty much didn't care about any of the girls, like not even finding them attractive. At least Ryoko got Tenchi a good boner going like 3 times in the first OVA. It also doesn't help that I just didn't find the girls that appealing. The Red head was a slut who was known as the predator for basically fucking around and having multiple partners. Some of you might remember bringing this up in the chat some weeks ago about putting a hypothetical situation of where if one of Tenchi's girls slept around...so yea, I just wasn't feeling that. The Blonde was so deadpan/anti-social at times it just left a bored taste in my mouth. The Loli and white haired girl were meh at best, and the sister was at times borderline psycho. Luckily, while the harem aspect didn't play out like I would have liked, the comedy was incredible. Multiple times an episode I found myself in tears from some of the antics, specifically the sister. In fact, one of her most famous antics end with her doing her infamous "Gu-he-he" laugh that's even made its own Youtube video..
http://www.youtube.com/v/Es43xA7-D2s

8 out of 10

Medaka Box Abnormal

Entering the second season of Medaka, I was told beforehand that the action was a lot more focused on while the comedy/school life would take a backseat. After seeing it for myself, it did a pretty decent job. I found myself engaged every episode and looked forward to watching the next. It's true that sometimes things were so out of touch with reality, I didn't know what the hell was going on, but at the same time, I really didn't care. Since the series isn't selling well from what I hear, its unlikely that we'll get a third season. So in Gainax fashion, we got trolled hard with characters breaking the 4th wall like its toilet paper, showing us the manga in the show and everything. It left me confused on some of the issues that were brought up in the final episode as it seemed that episode was directed for manga readers, as if you're suppose to know whats being talked about. But in the end, was a good ride and definitely enjoyed. Not big on reading manga, but I'll definitely be checking Wikipedia from time to time to see what advances are happening plot-wise in the Manga.

8 out of 10

K

When the first episode came out, I was IMMEDIATELY blown away from the visuals of this series. This was easily the eyecandy of the season from a looks department, the only question left on many people's mind was if the plot would follow suit. Well with the story, it moved at a slow crawl, even at times felt like nothing changed. This upset some people, even to the point of dropping it, luckily for the ones who stuck through it, they were rewarded. Around episode 8 the story really picked up and became one of the best stories of the season. It's a real interesting concept they have with the world having "Kings". Each King gets some kind of elemental like power, and can recruit members and these members get a watered down version of that King's power. The end left a lot of questions unanswered though, so when it was announced a season 2 would come be coming out later this year, that made a lot of people feel better, myself included. So now I just wait...

8.5 out of 10

Code:Breaker

My final show and pretty much the reason I'm so late with the season wrap up. I liked it cause of what it brought and did. You basically have this group called CodeBreakers who are sent to known evil and criminal groups and kill them, basically like an assassin for hire. The main female character was so annoying because she would always preach to the main character (who's a CodeBreaker) how killing and stuff was wrong and yadada. Luckily he would barely listen to her ass and take the garbage out anyway. It just got annoying cause you would think she would learn, yet EVERY week she kept fucking nagging. Luckily every week the viewer was awarded with watching her get ignored. The series climax lead up to the formal CodeBreaker leading member going rogue and having to be stopped because of him basically becoming a terrorist. The thing though is that once you actually LISTENED to his reasoning, he actually made a lot of damn sense. At times the CodeBreakers were fighting him and it honestly made me question why the hell is he the bad guy again? Oh cause Plot says so....Anyway, the ending was a let down because they pulled the cliche shounen "power out of my ass" card and gave it to the main character. So not including the pretty crappy ending, this was a solid series. Don't know if I'd be wanting a sequel, though I would watch if it aired.

7 out of 10

That pretty much wraps up my Fall season, and finally gives me a chance to start watching the winter shows. I'll probably write something for the first episodes of the new shows too.
:why:
Because I feel like it bitch...

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on January 13, 2013, 12:46:57 AM
The Red head was a slut who was known as the predator for basically fucking around and having multiple partners.

That why I would like meet her.  :duke: BTW, do you agree with me about the ending of episode 11 ?

Quote from: Gaston on January 13, 2013, 09:44:10 AM

BTW, do you agree with me about the ending of episode 11 ?
Yea that part was very weird to me. It just didn't feel like it was part of the episode and random as hell.