Rosario + Vampire fans?

Started by Setofan1, April 30, 2013, 11:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have a vol of the manga for it, it seemed alright. I heard the Anime wasn't that great?

Yeah the anime wasn't all that great. I did like hearing their voices in English though and just seeing em animated. Animation is far better then manga/comics.

I am fan of the manga and the anime was garbage.

I like the manga much better so far, though I'm waiting to see how it ends before I make any real declaration on it. In particular, Akasha Bloodriver is one of my absolute favorite anime/manga girls, and I'm kinda ticked that she didn't appear in the anime (in fact, her role from the manga is taken over entirely by her husband in the anime).

Quote from: Zigra on May 01, 2013, 05:36:31 AM
I like the manga much better so far, though I'm waiting to see how it ends before I make any real declaration on it. In particular, Akasha Bloodriver is one of my absolute favorite anime/manga girls, and I'm kinda ticked that she didn't appear in the anime (in fact, her role from the manga is taken over entirely by her husband in the anime).

If you like Akasha, then perhaps you should read this. However to understand the context, you might want to start with the story Get What You Want. Get What You Deserve basically involves Akasha trying to win Tsukune's heart after Moka cheats on him and their marriage is dissolved. It and all the other takes on Get What You Want are really dark stories and have some good OC characters as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6509593/1/Get-What-You-Deserve-written-by-DarkSwordMage

Haven't read the manga, so I don't necessarily have a problem with the anime. Though I do prefer the first season to the second.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on May 01, 2013, 06:28:10 PM
Haven't read the manga, so I don't necessarily have a problem with the anime. Though I do prefer the first season to the second.

Well, just to give you further insight into what I was speaking of earlier, I'll tell you about Akasha. In the manga, Akasha Bloodriver is Moka's mother. In addition to not getting to appear in the anime, it was Akasha who was the leader of the Three Dark Lords in the manga, not Moka's father. This was kind of a slap in the face for me because Akasha is not only my favorite R+V character, but also one of my favorite anime/manga girls in general. And that's just one of many changes the anime made.

Setofan: Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check that story out. BTW, have you been following some of the fan theories about Akasha? In particular, this is an extremely popular theory that, due to them being identical in both appearance and personality, Akasha and Outer Moka are actually one and the same. It is believed that either Akasha imprinted Moka's rosary with her likeness and personality, or that she even went further as to transfer her soul into the rosary after she was swallowed by Alucard. This theory has some merit, as something like this is hinted to be true in the manga. More than once there have been characters within the manga who have brought up the fact that Akasha and Outer Moka are identical as if it will become an important plot point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's true, as it means that, since Tskune loves Outer Moka the best, that he has actually been in love with Akasha all along :D