Fall 2012 Anime

Started by Gaston, September 08, 2012, 12:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 08, 2012, 02:32:10 AM #15 Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:17:21 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Well, seeing as I've watched the premiere episode for about 80% of my list, might as well get this Opening review started.....

BTOOM: Episode 1

As the title suggest, Btoom (which can be like a japanese "BOOM") is what this is all about, stuff blowing up. You basically got this guy who is a pro on this online game called BTOOM, which looks like a Call of Duty type game with no weapons, only using grenades. After having a fight with his mom about her wanting him to get off his lazy ass and find a job, he wakes up on a dessert with a bag full of bombs, and some crazy guy throwing his own set of bombs at him. He quickly realizes that some real life BTOOM is happening around him.

As this is a MADHOUSE production, the animation as expected is top notch, being the masterminds behind Afro Samurai, Highschool of the Dead, the Marvel anime that airs on G4, and even some of the animation for The Boondocks. While I'm not sure how popular this is in japan, this definitely looks like a series that would fit on G4 or Spike TV here in America. If the right people get their hands on it, I can see a good Dub being made for this one.

Busou Shinki: Episode 1

The studio behind Infinite stratos are back again with their mecha action themes, except this time we are dealing with something a lot smaller. Shinki are basically these fairies that get masters assigned to them, and fight in battles with other Shinki. Basically think of Sekirei, but with small fairies that use the suits from Infinite Stratos instead of powers.

Wasn't bad at all for me, but nothing really stood out for me as well. Will give it the 3 episode policy to decide where I want to go with this series.

K: Episode 1

HO-LY SHIT. If you could take sex, and put it in anime art form, you would have K. The art here is absolutely incredible, just completely mind blowing with how crisp and clear it is. For my videophiles here (Like you Shades :P), this is just too good. I took a 720p MP4 Tv rip and played it through my 60 inch sharp LED, it was beautiful, its gonna be ridiculous when the Blu Ray arrives. As far as the actual content, not much really happened, at least not enough for us to get a clear understanding. What this episode basically wanted to do was blow your mind with the visuals, and get an idea of the characters we'll see this series.

The entire atmosphere was great. Felt like a futuristic Samurai Champloo with a lil Persona 4, a dash of Durarara, and a pinch of Baccano. The future like hip-hop soundtrack gave me vibes of Jet grind Radio, and was instantly hooked. I can honestly say this might be my favorite anime of the season so far SOLELY based on its aesthetic appeal. Just a very beautiful show.

Zetsuen no Tempest: Episode 1

As expected of Bones (Ao no Exorcist, Full Metal Alchemist), this looks like it will gain a cult following. The suspense thriller is done well, and the action is superb. Basically dealing with what looks to be black magic and taking down a group who wants to do bad with the world. Really looking forward to following this one.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne: Episode 1

Jibs, if you're reading this, I strongly suggest you pick this as one of your 2 new animes of the year  :P. Basically, what we have here is a sister who is in love with her brother, and is as blunt and open as you can get. She waste no time and lets him know every chance she gets she wants him in her pants asap. Luckily (or unluckily for some  ;D), he is so laidback and genre savvy that he pretty much can reject her every time in stride and go on like nothing dramatic happened. All this does though is make her wanting to come up with new schemes to get her brother as her lover. Fast-forward to the 2nd half of the episode, we have 3 new girls who move in into the same dorm as the MC and the sister. Why? Don't know yet, its the first episode. But its made absolutely clear that these girls are interested in the guy, and waste no time letting it known they will fight for him. These girls have said screw the bullshit, the development and the "do I love him" phase, they are ready to get the battle started asap.....i like this.  ;D

Definitely my guilty pleasure this season, it really helps that some freshness is brought to this HEAVILY USED genre, also helps this shit is hilarious too. That's to be expected from people behind Baka to Test.

CODE:BREAKER: Episode 1

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
That was literally my face throughout the second half of this. Let it be clear, this guy ain't your typical Shounen main character, and he couldn't give a rats ass. His motto is, "And eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil". That right there lets us know he's playing hardball, ready to do some foul shit to get the job done. Some of you might remember I was in the chat earlier talking about how some people need to not mess with certain people. School President chick does just that, gets her ass kicked by a number of gang members. A stray dog tries to come and save her, they beat the dog's ass. MC comes to "save" the dog, but in actuality, he chokes the dog to death to save it from its misery since it was dying anyway. He then torches the ENTIRE GANG with his blue fire powers (this was some brutal shit man...). Apparently to keep this a secret, he now threatens to burn the girl we thought he was gonna save, and the episode ends. A series going out the box, gonna like this one.

Magi: Episode 1

So, in the first episode of Japanese Aladdin....er, I mean Magi, we meet the main character who's name actually is, get this, Aladdin. The story will apparently revolve around him and his new companion Ali baba on their crazy adventures. Let me just say right now that you shouldn't be expecting a funny blue genie, hot tanned princess, snoop dogg looking villain and wise-cracking red parrot. This definitely has a japanese spin on it, but does a decent job staying true to its origins.

As of right now, I honestly don't know WHAT I think of Magi, it really caught mt off-guard. I was just expecting your typical Dragon ball-esque adventure romp. But what we have here is a series that can feel similar to some Sunday night Adult swim show humor with its raunchy-ness at one moment, but the next feel VERY Studio Ghibli-ish. Like I said, I don't know what i think of this yet, but I do know I want to watch more to see where this is going. Oh, and to keep hearing the Middle Eastern hip-hop beats that play occasionally, I'm feeling those.

Okay just finished Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne and I liked but one thing just bug me. Why three girls suddenly appear of nowhere and love the guy ? I would like explanation because it was like I missing an episode and that not the case !  :o

Anyway, I am not sure Jibril would like it. The sister is in the bath and her brother doesn't peeking ! He is obviously pure evil !

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: Episode 1

Found the first episode pretty amusing. Seems like you average RomCom by JC Staff, although there are some parts that can make this series fresh. The main female character is pretty meh for me right now, the Moe emotionless girl has been done so many times, just isn't that appealing TBH. The main character is your typical virgin male lead, but he does seem to be a little witty and actually has common sense. What really stands out for me though are the supporting characters. They breathe so much life into this show, and I'll honestly keep coming every week to see them. From the SUPER energized big boobed chick, to the ladies man pretty boy, to the desperate gold digging MILF Teacher, they really make this show funny.

I also watched Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. I don't know for you, but in the video I watched, during a few point, it don't have subtitles.  >:(  Anyway, the episode 1 was correct and I will have not problem see more episode. The character are correct. I would like having a teacher like the one they have. LOL Yeah, the emotionelless girl didn't impress me but at least she doesn't looks like a Rei Ayanami clone.  ::)

Psycho Pass: Episode 1

Some of you here I chat with everyday, so you might remember that I recently was watching a shit load of Law and Order and crime dramas, that's my shit. Anyway, what we have here in the first episode is like a mix between Ghost in the Shell, Training Day with Denzel Washington and Minority Report with Tom Cruise. Got a wet behind the ears rookie who goes on her first task to learn the ropes. In this program, in order to catch criminals, they use current criminals and put them under a payroll. Its basically following Denzel Washington's phrase "Its takes a wolf to catch a wolf" metaphor in action. With their guns comes the Minority Report aspect of the show, where the high tech guns can evaluate a criminal and determine whether to shoot non-lethal bullets that paralyze, or lethal bullets that blow you the FUCK UP. Problem is, like Minority Report, they can also detect future crimes, and this is where the MC has a problem adjusting as she can't kill a person who she thinks hasn't done anything. Gonna really like this one..

Considering the "tempest-in-a-teapot" this interview summary stirred up at ANN, I'm at least piqued.  ;)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on October 12, 2012, 07:59:16 AM
Considering the "tempest-in-a-teapot" this interview summary stirred up at ANN, I'm at least piqued.  ;)
The hilarious part is that the main character looks the most Moe out of the entire show, and I think this was done purposely since she is also the new NAIVE rook. Because this is the same Gen behind Madoka and Fate/Zero writing this, I bet he's gonna mindfuck every belief she had about "justice". A straight jab at moe, I like  ;D

Medaka Box ABNORMAL (Medaka Season 2): Episode 1

Taking off from where the first season left off, we immediately get right back into the action. After defeating the leader of the Disciplinary squad in season 1, Medaka is attacked by his sister for revenge. She has a weird way of speaking which consists of only numbers, but Medaka being Medaka, she's able to decipher it and speak her "language". We also get to see how strong some of the side-characters from last season really are. Finally, we get a lesson in the difference between Normal, Special and ABNORMAL humans. The episode ends with Zenichi instantly encountering the antogonist of this season.

QuoteOnii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne: Episode 1

Jibs, if you're reading this, I strongly suggest you pick this as one of your 2 new animes of the year  :P. Basically, what we have here is a sister who is in love with her brother, and is as blunt and open as you can get. She waste no time and lets him know every chance she gets she wants him in her pants asap. Luckily (or unluckily for some  ;D), he is so laidback and genre savvy that he pretty much can reject her every time in stride and go on like nothing dramatic happened. All this does though is make her wanting to come up with new schemes to get her brother as her lover. Fast-forward to the 2nd half of the episode, we have 3 new girls who move in into the same dorm as the MC and the sister. Why? Don't know yet, its the first episode. But its made absolutely clear that these girls are interested in the guy, and waste no time letting it known they will fight for him. These girls have said screw the bullshit, the development and the "do I love him" phase, they are ready to get the battle started asap.....i like this.  ;D 

Definitely my guilty pleasure this season, it really helps that some freshness is brought to this HEAVILY USED genre, also helps this shit is hilarious too. That's to be expected from people behind Baka to Test.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Suggestive Anime Opening is suggestive....ME like. 

Where is the girl with a patch ?

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 08, 2012, 02:32:10 AMOnii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne: Episode 1

Which one in the pic is the sister?
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

To celebrate the new possibilities to embed videos...I'm gonna present the OPs to the show's I'm watching....(At least just watch like 10 seconds of it for yall lazy folks  >:()
BTOOM
http://www.youtube.com/v/vH2Ar5RcenA

Busou Shinki
http://www.youtube.com/v/g9JmGFXODyw

「K」
http://www.youtube.com/v/y9-7UBXI2Uk

Zetsuen no Tempest
http://www.youtube.com/v/RnP7QDmpKwA

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
http://www.youtube.com/v/g5P2O89cUl4

Code: Breaker(I LOVE that first 30 second guitar riff....SO 90s  ;D)
http://www.youtube.com/v/qIsgdTTTeFE

Magi(Love this one too)
http://www.youtube.com/v/bXlpCK8h6IE

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo hasn't aired its OP yet....

Medaka Box S2
http://www.youtube.com/v/p2ZJl6f9eQo

Psycho Pass hasn't aired its Op either...

Picked up a new show,  Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de.

Basically, its a fictional over dramatic retelling of the Sega vs Nintendo wars of the 80s and 90s. The main character named Gear (who is EASILY to tell really Sonic) has joined the Segua empire, and wants to help take down Ninteldo. Lots of famous Sega and Nintendo mascot parodies appear this episode, but this first episode really does feel rushed. Feels like 3 episodes packed into one, and the ecchi factor is surprisingly high. If you can get pass that, try checking this one out.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on October 06, 2012, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 16, 2012, 04:15:57 AM

-Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne, not even a question. Harem, Ecchi, Comedy and on AT-X meaning it will probably have nudity? Hells yea! Jibs might want to check this one out, apparently the sister is a harem member, and she's suppose to be pretty shameless about wanting her brother....romantically (sexually). AW YEA!! ;D ;D

Episode 1 out....

yes its great.already grabbed the first 3 episodes. and girls with panzer looks interesting to ;D
man love my 25 meg fiber ip. torrents come at me at 2,5 mb.. he he he