I really would like an Isekai season 2....

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 21, 2012, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Don't get me wrong, a OVA 4 would be awesome, but I honestly wouldn't mind waiting longer in favor for the next season of Isekai. And the beauty of it is that for most of the answers we need, Tenchi and family will probably need to make cameos anyway. Lets take a look at some of the key questions Isekai left us off with...

-Who sent Kenshi to Geminar?

-If Rea is indeed the third artifical human created to defeat Gaia, why did she opt NOT to go and send her son instead?

-What is the cause of Kenshi's "evil" half when piloting his Seikishi?

-Where (or probably more appropriate WHO) does Kenshi gather his energy from when producing a Light hawk wing?

-What is the goddesses overall plan?

-Dagmyer was pierced with his father's Core crystal, will that somehow allow Babulan to take control of his son's body?

And most importantly, will Chiaia go jump- nope, let me stop lol.

I'd really like a season 2 to get the answers to these questions....

I would be amenable to this, as well.  :)
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Eh, Idk.

I like, maybe, only 4 of the girls in the group and am a bit fannish for only 2 of them.

I certainly wouldn't mind it though.  But they'd have to tone Kenshi's Marty Stu-ness down.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

August 22, 2012, 07:45:52 AM #3 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:17:47 PM by antvasima
I would rather get a followup to GXP.

As for Kenshi's LHW, didn't he have a royal tree seed in a collar around his neck, similarly to Seina's Zinv?

Btw, a question of my own: Was it ever revealed whether Mexiah and the other artificial human could shapeshift into other women, or just between two forms?
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Don't get me wrong, a OVA 4 would be awesome, but I honestly wouldn't mind waiting longer in favor for the next season of Isekai.
SAME! I honestly do not care if there is another TM!R OVA series. I'm far more interested in Isekai than I am Tenchi, at this point.

-Who sent Kenshi to Geminar?
Washu (confirmed in GXP novel 5 iirc) & Reia (most likely)

-If Rea is indeed the third artifical human created to defeat Gaia, why did she opt NOT to go and send her son instead?
The reason clones of Reia were sent to Earth, etc was to create a hybrid capable of defeating Gaia. Those designated "Reia" were not strong enough to do it.

-What is the cause of Kenshi's "evil" half when piloting his Seikishi?
Not sure what you mean bro, you talking about when Kenshi fucked up everyone in the ruins? If so, it probably comes from his training at the hands of Yosho & all the girls. Gotta be tough to survive in a world where girls blow up your home daily.

-Where (or probably more appropriate WHO) does Kenshi gather his energy from when producing a Light hawk wing?
I'd really like to know that one too, as the series should still follow the guidelines established in 101 and 101 seemed to imply 'true crests' only manifest on those possessing their own power. Yet Kajishima stated that the LHW Kenshi produced was not by his own power. I suppose Kenshi's mark appearing and glowing could be similar to when Tsunami touched Tenchi, "Tenchi's emblem illuminates because his and Tsunami's power resonated". In which case it'd be confirmed that Kenshi at least has the power to generate LHWs, but lacked the need to generate them yet, as they are intended to manifest during life threatening situations. So the raw energy contained from within the Tenchi-ken instead became the catalyst for triggering a LHW and the appearance of Kenshi's mark.

-What is the goddesses overall plan?
Play hide n' seek with the goddesses...  :P
To awaken Kenshi's five dormant LHWs?  :P
To see if a god can be made by playing god with an existing demigod?  ???
/Kenshi is the reincarnation of Z
/not changing my opinion on the subject

-Dagmyer was pierced with his father's Core crystal, will that somehow allow Babulan to take control of his son's body?
He'll probably turn out like Ulyte/Reia, eventually loosing his body to the will of that crystal. Probably... After all, we still haven't seen Ganondorf's bestial form yet.  :P

-And most importantly, will Chiaia go jump- nope, let me stop lol.
She'll turn into Evil Kiyone and start her dick ridding once more. ::)

-I'd really like a season 2 to get the answers to these questions....
It certainly would be nice, but Kajishima will probably be as cryptic as usual. :o

We cannot having both ? I am guessing it is because MK uses is own money for his production, right ?

BTW, the two Reia are connected ? Where they said it ?  :o

August 22, 2012, 01:03:09 PM #6 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:05:42 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: جبريل 無道I certainly wouldn't mind it though.  But they'd have to tone Kenshi's Marty Stu-ness down.
Got to disagree here. Even though most don't have a taste for the "can do everything" MC, I feel its a trait thats desperately needed in the Harem genre. So many of these guys have no back bone, can't do shit, have to rely on everyone else, no balls, no balls and COMPLETE LACK OF BALLS. Its so refreshing to see how Kenshi handled himself throughout the first season. For someone who everyone thought they'd have to take care and watch over, it didn't take long for him to flip the script and start watching their asses. I prefer that easiness of the MC knowing they can handle the situation. ]

Quote from: shades of blue on August 22, 2012, 08:37:56 AM
Not sure what you mean bro, you talking about when Kenshi fucked up everyone in the ruins? If so, it probably comes from his training at the hands of Yosho & all the girls. Gotta be tough to survive in a world where girls blow up your home daily.
Yea, but when he goes kickass mode, his Sekijin turns black and it has to do with the legend of the white machine saving the world while the black machine can destroy it "prophecy". Apparently, Kenshi is BOTH of the entities talked about, and I'd really like to learn why. And its pretty apparent that when Kenshi goes into rage mode, he's pretty fucked in the mind and only cares about ripping shit up. I remember looking at his girls' faces when they saw him doing it, they were terrified. I'd love for them to focus on this more.

Quote from: shades of blue on August 22, 2012, 08:37:56 AM
In which case it'd be confirmed that Kenshi at least has the power to generate LHWs, but lacked the need to generate them yet, as they are intended to manifest during life threatening situations. So the raw energy contained from within the Tenchi-ken instead became the catalyst for triggering a LHW and the appearance of Kenshi's mark.
And I really need to know how he learned to utilize this power. Looking at the fight, it was COMPLETELY evident that Kenshi knew what he was doing, hell even said "Time to get serious". He knew damn well about the procedures of handling a LHW. compare to Tenchi where in the Kagato fight, he was just so hell bent on fucking Kagato up, he wasn't really focusing on how he was doing what he was doing. But did mention later he had no idea on how to do it on command.

So what I'm getting at is that apparently Kenshi has had some sort of training in accessing this power. And if we look at OVA 3+1 and GXP Tenchi, we see that within a matter of months, Tenchi has started to grasp more of his power, so 15 years down the stretch, he should be pretty familiar with some of his power now. I wonder if he's had a hand in training Kenshi with these special abilities.

Quote from: Gaston on August 22, 2012, 10:54:01 AMWe cannot having both ? I am guessing it is because MK uses is own money for his production, right ?
Yea we can have both, but because of his money situation, there will definitely be some serious time waiting for  both of this series to be released. I love Tenchi, but from a plot POV, there really isn't much else to learn, the story has already climaxed. Goddesses were looking for something, they found it, THE END.

Quote from: Gaston on August 22, 2012, 10:54:01 AM
BTW, the two Reia are connected ? Where they said it ?  :o
Yea, they are sorta like sisters in a group creation kinda way. Mexiah/Doll, Reia and Leia (I use the L to separate the two) were created by the Senshi to defeat Gaia (The black thing Kenshi killed in the final episode). After they "defeated" him the first time, all their memories were wiped while Doll herself went underground with Gaia. Reia was then cloned/sent to earth while Leia got into contact and assimilated with the Core Crystal that would eventually become Ulyte.

[begin rant]
Why in Choshins' name can't I be the one who know all this stuff???  I mean, seriously... I'm as big a fan of K-Sensei's works as the next guy, and I'm not some unobservant baka, and yet I'm STILL getting blown out of the water by you guys!
[rant over]

But, don't you think that Wan (after living .9 centuries) would be more reserved than to do something like that to poor Kenchi-chan/kun?

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 22, 2012, 01:03:09 PM
Quote from: جبريل 無道I certainly wouldn't mind it though.  But they'd have to tone Kenshi's Marty Stu-ness down.
Got to disagree here. Even though most don't have a taste for the "can do everything" MC, I feel its a trait thats desperately needed in the Harem genre. So many of these guys have no back bone, can't do shit, have to rely on everyone else, no balls, no balls and COMPLETE LACK OF BALLS. Its so refreshing to see how Kenshi handled himself throughout the first season. For someone who everyone thought they'd have to take care and watch over, it didn't take long for him to flip the script and start watching their asses. I prefer that easiness of the MC knowing they can handle the situation. ]

O hai. Let me play Devil's advocate for one second. I think from a writing standpoint, a can-do everything MC is bad for business because it lessens the stakes and makes for perfunctory scenes in which everyone's going through the motion.

I mean, we might know that the MC will win but the more the story's developed characters can make us forget that, the better.

Your problem - as I imagine most males from a different culture than Japan's might be - is that Tenchi wasn't decisive enough with the ladies. I think part of that is the nature of the beast: the minute any TV settles a romantic question - the show is altered (read: changed for the worse). "Will they or won't they?" "Oh they did. Okay, well I guess football is on."

Also, Japanese boys just don't roll as we do. Tenchi's a thoroughly decent, polite boy. As much as we'd have loved him to bang Ryoko silly on the rooftop, that just wasn't going to happen.

As I get a bit older, I also find myself with a lot of sympathy for the hesitancy to choose. Some people were wired to leap on a choice and others suffer for it a bit more.

But Tenchi (the only harem example I'm familiar enough to speak to) has a backbone, a steel-rod one in fact. By the sixth episode and one kersmashed Soja later, I think we've realized the boy has some serious game vis a vis fighting and magical powers.

Does that mean he'll stutter and stammer with nosebleeds over the ladies? Sure. And at some point I hope they have him mature to where he's more comfortable with everyone because at some point it does get redundant but I think some of the aversion to "Ball-lacking" MC's comes down to taste more than a weak character helming a show.

September 23, 2012, 02:45:00 PM #9 Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:47:48 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Trust me Takeda, no need to even defend Tenchi. You say he's mostly the only harem MC you've seen, trust me, you've done yourself a huge favor. Tenchi is LEAGUES ahead of the POS leads you tend to get nowadays, who are literally doormats who don't even DESERVE girls chasing them.

The reason I love Tenchi is because he was smart with his business. He PURPOSELY would refuse any type of sexual contact because he knew he had planet destroying potential aliens in his home, and worked around that. But he knew very well that these girls had feelings for him. Nothing wrong with being a "good japanese boy" like Tenchi was.

The problem with Harem leads today are that with their ignorance, they can come off as not only weak, but assholes who don't even  CONSIDER a girls feelings, THESE are the one's who my original statement of NO BACKBONE was towards. Saying something with no idea that what they said hurt the girls feelings, not even TRYING to acknowledge this girl likes you, not even man enough to respect their feeling as something special and at least show them you value them as a person.

Tenchi has made it clear these girls are special to him, some of these other clowns? Not so much. Some tend to have a once in a blue moon spurt of courage, but get so bad they act like touching a woman's flesh is the damn plague. Tenchi gradually got use to it from getting nervous to learning to handle it. But when you have been a anime/manga series for 10 years+, and the sight of the same naked woman you've seen a million times still cause you act she has aids, Or let girls walk all over you, you got some serious problems.

(I'm looking at you Rito from TLR)

Tenchi has matured when dealing with the women. In episode 8, Ryoko tried to use her same seduction methods, but Tenchi was well experienced to handle the situation, pissing off Ryoko in the process since she knew she wouldn't get her way. We already knew he had backbone in general, but this was him starting to get a hold on his romantic life.

Wait Rito is an asshole ? He is not. He is just timid with the girls. Anyway, I don't have problem with those kind of character thought something that would be nice see the male lead get to the abusive tsundere what she deserves.  ;D

Thought I can understand you are annoying by it, TR. I think that would be better if it have more characters like Tenchi without that make character like Rito disappear (that kind be like 50-50 I guess).

Quote from: Gaston on September 23, 2012, 03:15:17 PM
Wait Rito is an asshole ? He is not. He is just timid with the girls. Anyway, I don't have problem with those kind of character thought something that would be nice see the male lead get to the abusive tsundere what she deserves.  ;D

Thought I can understand you are annoying by it, TR. I think that would be better if it have more characters like Tenchi without that make character like Rito disappear (that kind be like 50-50 I guess).
No, the asshole part wasn't directed towards Rito, the thinking a woman's touch will give you death part goes to Rito. He's seen Lala like a million times naked, and still acts like he's never seen a naked woman.

But yea, if it was balanced, it would be a lot better, the thing is that unfortunately. You only get a handful of good MCs and a landdump of terrible ones. Ichika from infinite stratos was a VERY good action MC, but a TERRIBLE Harem one.