New Pretty Sammy Projects in the Works

Started by Ryo-Okay, February 21, 2017, 09:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHHHHH MY GODDDD I LOVE PRETTY SAMMY!!!! This is crazy exciting for me!!!!! :D

February 21, 2017, 12:18:42 PM #2 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:47:27 PM by WarOmnimon
My only response to this?

...yeah, I'm SO ready.  They're handling the 25th anniversary PROPERLY unlike the 20th.  This reminds me of the 10th anniversary back in 2002 when we got not one, but TWO projects for it (GXP and OVA 3) along with the 15th which got Magical Girls Club.  In a way, it's taking the best aspects of the two anniversaries that actually WORKED and putting them together... this is how you do an anniversary, some companies need to start taking notes!  (Points at Capcom and Koei Tecmo in particular)   :getin:
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I. . .is this real?
:huhm:
You guys arent just fucking with me right?
If this is true I might actually die of happiness
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

Waste of money they could have used to expand OAV 4.

My ears are already bleeding, just imagining how bad the dub will be. :staredog:

February 21, 2017, 08:44:04 PM #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:51:58 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: Ricin on February 21, 2017, 06:55:38 PM
Waste of money they could have used to expand OAV 4.
With all due respect... there's counter-logic to that, good sir.

We know that OVA 5 might be happening as Kajishima does have the material ready to do it as he noted before, and OVA 4 is selling well... so nah, this isn't wasted money moreso than it is AIC and Kajishima wanting to make the 25th anniversary this year actually, you know, SUCCEED.  This is actually smart when you think about it, especially given how bad the 20th anniversary was.

So yeah, this is actually a good thing.  And even after episode 2, OVA 4 will have 2 more left, and possibly an extra episode like OVA 2 and 3 both got.  Wait until the cards are all on the table first before making such statements is what I'm saying.  We're in for a good year, something we certainly could not say about 2012... so let's not ruin it with baseless speculation of the negative variety, folks.  We saw plenty of that in 2012 and also 2014 (Because Ai) and look what happened... do we REALLY want that again?  Didn't think so.
Quote from: Tensami on February 21, 2017, 05:33:54 PM
I. . .is this real?
:huhm:
You guys arent just fucking with me right?
If this is true I might actually die of happiness
It ain't a joke. Check the link, comrade. :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Quote from: Gaston on February 23, 2017, 11:31:28 AM
Are they going to finish the OVA?  :emot-iiam:

AIC committed to four episodes. I can't see them backing out on it, especially since sales seem to be pretty good and the Tenchi franchise cow is once again producing milk for AIC.

Not the biggest fan but always good to see more Tenchi.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on February 28, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
Quote from: Gaston on February 23, 2017, 11:31:28 AM
Are they going to finish the OVA?  :emot-iiam:

AIC committed to four episodes. I can't see them backing out on it, especially since sales seem to be pretty good and the Tenchi franchise cow is once again producing milk for AIC.

I talked about the Pretty Sammy OVA and that was a joke since that like 20 years since the last ova come out so that would never had a real ending.