Did Tenchi Marry Ryoko first?

Started by Dr.Soviet, September 01, 2012, 10:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 01, 2012, 10:19:18 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:41:16 PM by Dr.Soviet
made this image a while ago that got me thinking.

the fact she's wearing a haori with his family insignia by the time of GXP leads me to believe this.

I believe they all get married at the same time.

The school jacket is just a nice, perhaps romantic, gesture.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

In fact, I believe this is the actual wedding photo, and yes, drawn by MK:

upload photo

Idk where Noike is, but it's from 1993.

September 01, 2012, 10:49:45 PM #3 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:52:37 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Yea, Adam showed this to me in Skype and it REALLY has me intrigued now. Can't believe I've missed this, just finished GXP a few weeks ago too.

Anyway she IS wearing Tenchi's Haori, and I remember hearing that is a pretty big deal from the image with Ryoko and her daughter. And considering that image came out BEFORE GXP, that's a pretty big hint IMO that she could at least be romantic with him by now. There were some serious BF/GF vibes in episode 17 of GXP, especially in the onsen and how Tenchi has a much better control on her.

How could you miss that? ???

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on September 01, 2012, 10:50:44 PM
How could you miss that? ???
The shot is LITERALLY like a second long, and NO ONE has ever mentioned it. And the way she's wearing it is different, looks like a suit jacket honestly.

September 01, 2012, 10:56:58 PM #6 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:01:50 PM by جبريل 無道
A second is 24 frames, way more than enough time for us fans ;D :P

I remember back when OAV3 came out, we were even going through step by step in the single frames as he remembers the girls when Z slices him open (at least I think that was the scene) just to see which girls he remembers (it was by choronological sequence of meeting them).

The girlfriend vibes back in 17 could have applied equally to Aeka, at least at dinner time.  She isn't the type to do the same stuff Ryoko did in the Onsen.  Maybe Mihoshi too, it's been forever since I watched so I don't remember.

The one thing is that the 101 say Tenchi doesn't have a favorite, but Sasami growing up changes things.  Idk if that meant with episode 8-9 or it meant much older.

I was under the impression that the first one Tenchi would be with is Noike, tbh.

September 01, 2012, 11:01:34 PM #7 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:03:13 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: جبريل 無道 on September 01, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
A second is 24 frames, way more than enough time for us fans ;D :P

I remember back when OAV3 came out, we were even going through step by step in the single frames as he remembers the girls when Z slices him open (at least I think that was the scene) just to see which girls he remembers (it was by choronological sequence of meeting them).
That's sad as hell and completely beautiful at the same time.

No I meant GF vibe solely to her since she was the only one in the Onsen. By dinner time, it was made abundantly clear all of their asses were trained....or for a better phrase, in a deeper relationship  :P :P

Yeah, there were shipping wars based on that sequence alone.  And IIRC, each girl only got 1 frame each, so we're talking less than 1/3 of a second for the whole thing.  There was a big brouhaha about it, and even Noike was there pissing a lot of people off.

BTW, I added to my last post.

Eh, while he may be in a relationship with the girls at this point, I'm skeptical that it's with Ryoko alone. For one thing, GXP 17 gave me some "husband and wife" vibes between Tenchi and Noike. While Tenchi came off as the "dad" of the family, Noike was clearly the "mom". Plus, that would make sense, seeing as they were engaged in OAV 3.

September 02, 2012, 05:42:37 AM #11 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:43:09 AM by Zigra
Sorry to double post, but here are a couple more things to consider-

- I highly doubt that Aeka would be happy if Ryoko were getting action from Tenchi and she wasn't. And since Aeka looked quite happy with life in GXP 17, that would mean that either everybody's relationship is still in the same place it was before or both Ryoko and Aeka are getting action from Tenchi.

- I'm not an expert at the Japanese language, but Jibby tells me that the kanji on the jacket is not Tenchi's family name. It's just his own name. While letting her have that jacket could signify a relationship between them, it's hardly a sign that they've gone as far as marriage.

Huh....Why Tenchi would marry one girl first instead of, you know, marry all the girls in the same times ?

You just noticed that? Anyway, it's not Tenchi's robe she's wearing. The R1 recode is playing tricks on you. What she's got on is Chinese styled dress shirt modeled after Tenchi's robe. Look at the corners, they puff out. And there's no transition between fabrics.

Quote from: Zigra on September 02, 2012, 05:42:37 AM- I'm not an expert at the Japanese language, but Jibby tells me that the kanji on the jacket is not Tenchi's family name. It's just his own name. While letting her have that jacket could signify a relationship between them, it's hardly a sign that they've gone as far as marriage.

More specifically Ten.  Heaven.

天-地
Ten-Chi

柾-木
Masa-Ki