FUNimation To Release TM! OVA 1-2, Movies Sets Dec. 4th

Started by Harls, September 14, 2012, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
on Blu-Ray/DVD Combos, $70 MSRP each.

OVA's
Movies
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I'm still very torn on these, had Funi included a new translation this would be a day1 purchase. But Funi got cheap, opting to use the same old translation Pioneer used, with the tweaks they included on the signature series release.

Still, at the sale price it is a great purchase. Wonder what, if any extras will be included. Without Mihoshi Special & nor subtitles for Soundfile, this release is probably going to be short on extras.

Co-sign, gonna remain skeptical as well until I see what we working with. The effort that gets put into the Blu Ray will decide the effort I put into buying it. If its perfect, same release week buy, if not, I'll hold out a few months and catch it on one of those Funimation super sales on amazon.

They better leave everything in tact too. Do NOT FUCK WITH THE ORIGINAL ENCODE SOURCE Funimation! Its like talking to a damn hard-headed badass kid, just insist on keep doing something they shouldn't do. And they better not get lazy, and KEEP the original Japanese 5.1 audio output, don't be lazy and only include stereo. Japan made SURE to include 5.1 english dub, so you be nice and return the gesture. Need to have the Mihoshi special included as well, and the artwork from the original Blu Ray Box would be nice.

I'd say I'd love to have this, but don't really NEED this, at least now anyway. Not really big on the physical collection stuff, more of a digital person. But if the specs looks sweet, and remains at the 50 buck price with S+H, its pretty tempting.

ohai tenchi kids! I wandered back to another tenchi forum.

@OP: I'm okay with this. I just looked at the pricing on amazon. And the OAV 1&2 looks to be retailing for about 400 dollars new. So I hope funimation just repackages it as it was and sells it. Cause I originally recalled paying ...100 dollars or so 11 years ago at a Sunset Movie Company video store in a mall. Overpriced as shit, but it was so worth it to me. Then I bought it again at...a fifth of the price in spring 09 on amazon. Loaned it to a friend. Never got it back. Anything to spread the Tenchi gospel.

So I'm okay with Funimation gouging me slightly to keep a beautiful anime in print. It's worth it to me. Maybe (hopefully) the price will come down or they offer it streaming or netflix it or something for means of legal access. But it's sad that this series ever went out of print for even a second.

I'm really happy they're releasing Tenchi on blu-ray, but I get the feeling that it's going to be region coded. Which would suck since I don't really want to buy an american blu-ray player just to watch Tenchi...

But I'll buy them anyway. Already got the OVA and the movies in 1080p on my computer anyway.
This has nothing to do with the post. You just kinda wasted your time reading this. Sorry.

If you're living anywhere in North America, South America or Southeast Asia, it it should play without any additional hardware. Bluray is only broken down to 3 region codes.

Quote from: takeda kenji on September 15, 2012, 09:24:58 PM
Maybe (hopefully) the price will come down or they offer it streaming
*Cough*
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

September 19, 2012, 01:05:13 PM #9 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:13:40 PM by Tenchi Ryu
A friend of mine is gonna buy the OVA for me and donate it to me, since I'm "a Tenchi crackhead" and all.... :o :o

Oh well, ain't complaining lol. This is good too, I really need to add more Blu Rays to my collection  anyway.

(Won't tell the Tenchi fam that my only Blu Ray is Fast Five, and the player is currently being used as nothing more than a Xbox HDMI input....yea sad as hell)

*Edit....

I forgot, when I took pictures for the Dreamcast birthday thread I made, my Blu Ray snuck in one of the pics.

Told you....HDMI IN, 24/7 never changes.

Thou Fast Five was nothing more than Oceans Eleven, with cars, I really loved that one. Looking forward to next year, when Six comes out.

Quote from: shades of blue on September 19, 2012, 02:18:18 PM
Thou Fast Five was nothing more than Oceans Eleven, with cars, I really loved that one. Looking forward to next year, when Six comes out.
I heard they locked in a contract all the way until 7, as long as the stunts stay fresh and the Rock can return for each sequel, good in my book.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on September 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Quote from: shades of blue on September 19, 2012, 02:18:18 PM
I heard they locked in a contract all the way until 7, as long as the stunts stay fresh and the Rock can return for each sequel, good in my book.
From the way I gather it, they specifically made Tokyo Drift to raise the funds necessary to film a trilogy around the original cast. So with Fast&Furious being #4, Six might be the end of that trilogy. But, well, I would not be surprised if they have Seven in the que too. If Six can replicate the success Five had at the box office, Seven is guaranteed. As Five broke previous F&F box office numbers and it's not that often movie squeals do that.

Cover artage, part 1:

No "Mihoshi Special", no soundfile.  :(