Tenchi's high school education

Started by takahata, March 19, 2015, 07:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Before Tenchi had accidently released Ryoko from her cave prison cell, he was in high school.  Tenchi was supposedly a freshman before he released Ryoko.  In Japan,  the freshman class is known as Grade One.  Tenchi was training at his grandfather's shrine during summer break.  Then on the first day after summer break, Ryoko had appeared at Tenchi's high school.  As a result of Ryoko's appearance, Tenchi's school was severely damage supposedly due to a fire. On the same day when Tenchi's school had been destroy,  Ayeka and Sasami had arrived on Earth. 

He had  turn sixteen before the day when his school was destroyed.  Since Tenchi was sixteen, he was able to quit school.  We know that one of Tenchi's reasons for not returning to  school was the likelihood of Ayeka and Ryoko wanting to go to his new high school.  Until the first episode of OVA 3, Tenchi had seem to be unable to continue his education.  He may have been able to continue his education by a home school program.  In OVA 3's first episode, Tenchi's father Nobuyuki was installing a PC computer in Tenchi's room.  Tenchi will be using the computer to help him  continue his education.

Tenchi may have been able to go back to school before OVA 3's first episode. .  Tenchi had simply decided not to return to high school.  He did  continue his education through the same home school program which he had enrolled in after he was not able to return to high school. Tenchi did  received some help form Washu and evidentially Noike in his studies.

I have often wonder if Tenchi was able to return to school.  The town where the Masaki Shrine is located near was a large town.  The large town was confirmed in  GXP.   The town could have been Takahashi, Japan.  Takahashi does have one public high school and one private high school.  The town is located very close where Tenchi was able to walk to the train station within a half hour.  If Tenchi was able to go back to school, he will have been enrolled in grade 2.   Tenchi had a very good reason not wanting to go back to high school.

As expected, Tenchi  would have to study for his university entrance exams.  I speculated that Tecnhi wasn't able to take his university entrance exams on the day of the exams. It had to be a minor incident which could have prevented Tenchi from taking his university entrance exams.  Tenchi may have thought of becoming a ronin for a few reasons before the day of his university entrance exams.. One of Tenchi's  reasons was likely his need  to master some of his kami powers.

Evidentually, Tenchi have gone on to college.  Tenchi may have been able gone to Okayama University.  Okayama University is one of Japan's national universities.  While Tenchi was able to go to college, he was not alone.  For Ryoko and Ayeka have gone to the same college.

:progamer: :duck: :sas2:

Tenchi doesn't seem like the scholar type to me, he was one of those works with his hands type of guy. If he's growing those crops all day, he's pretty much making all his side dishes and only has to shop for the meat. And with his Jurai connection, money shouldn't be a problem. The lucky bastard is doing nothing but open field work and probably financially set for life.

I still got to watch Ai, but was it explained why he wanted to be a teacher in the first place?

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on March 19, 2015, 07:58:21 PM
The lucky bastard is doing nothing but open field work and probably financially set for life.
He'll be spending all his days plowing, going by "If".  :parrot:

QuoteI still got to watch Ai, but was it explained why he wanted to be a teacher in the first place?
It was a cover story for his mission.
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Not sure why Tenchi would go back to (a backward and primitive) earth school if he has Washu and the rest to tutor him.  Something I always wondered in those fanfiction and AU scenarios.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Exactly. If he wants good education, he could just go to the Galaxy Academy as well.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Considering he is about to become an omnipotent deity, I'm not sure why Tenchi even needs an education <.<

Do Tenchi even gives a crap about education? He seems happy just working each day.

Well, no remember.
High school isn't compulsory in Japan, it's optional. It's just so popular because everyone wants a white collar job.
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!

It will be a good ideal for Tenchi to have a high school education.  He was not able to go back to high school.  In episodes one and 2  of Ryo-Ohki OVA 3, Tenchi was given a computer by his father. The computer is a clue that Tenchi will be able to continue his education.

Tenchi does seem to be the type who will not mind becoming a Shinto Priest. His grandfather Katsuhito has been training Tenchi to become a Shinto priest.

I do want Tenchi to go to college.  There are some colleges which are located within a half hour by train near the Masaki Shrine. One of the colleges is likely Kibi International University. Yet, there is a chance that Ryoko and Ayeka may want to go to college with Tenchi.  Let's hope that one of his interests is the Galaxy Academy.

:crash: :crash:

If Tenchi goes on to college, he should consider taking courses in Religion (or Religious Studies), World History and World Literature, all of which will help him with bridging any divide between the human race and Jurai. He might also consider taking the equivalent of those courses on Jurai as well.

It also can't hurt, since he is Chousen (Chosen?) as well...

Tenchi isn't one of the Choushin, but he is some sort of higher-level being than them (or at least, the Earthly incarnation of said being).

That being said, I can't imagine Tenchi going to college on Earth. For that matter, I can't see him going to Galaxy Academy either. As others have said, I think Tenchi is just happy (and not just in a sexual way) to have this massive harem family and to help provide and take care of them. He's more of a farmer than anything, and he doesn't need a degree for that.

I always pictured Tenchi going to the Galaxy Academy. It would be a good way to get his name out there in front of the galaxy.