Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost Property

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 14, 2012, 04:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 14, 2012, 04:00:51 PM Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:43:24 PM by Tenchi Ryu

This will be the dedicated SnO/HLP thread.

My 3rd favorite series after the Tenchi franchise and Sekirei. Another very good harem series that is f$%king hilarious. I never went through one episode without getting a very good and very loud laugh. Another reason I appreciate it is for the family Harem setting here as well, although my only issue is that I personally feel Tomoki isn't romantic enough with his girls, although his reasons are understandable. I can admit though I am guilty of not reading the manga like many people hound me to do  :P Mostly cause every time I PLAN on starting it, something keeps me from doing it. I watched season 1 and season 2 together. Was about to start the manga, but read the Blu rays for the movie was about to come out. Then finished the movie and was about to get into it, then saw the announcement for season 3. I'd prefer to wait and watch it, then start the manga from scratch.

But I do know of some of the differences, like the situation of Chaos' role being different, and Hiyori being slightly different from the manga. In the movie, her powers are time-related, but in the manga its weather.

Which brings up my main point on the question many SnO fans are asking, how exactly are they planning to connect Season 3 to the manga. Specifically Hiyori's and Chaos' role is what many question. And I'd also like to see some of the new characters animated like Oregano aka mini-Ikaros.

But as I said, I've basically spoiled myself from reading discussions and summaries, so I have a certain idea to certain things going on currently. So I have no problem with spoiler discussion.

I like this series and the humor is really hilarious. My problem is I get annoying Tomoki is pervert during season 2. That will not be a trouble if he was like the comic relief of the series, but he is suppose to be the guy who get the girls ! I will like he get character development and that he proof he can stop harass girls who are in his 'harem' (thought I wonder if he will not just get Ikaros).

BTW, I found the movie so-so. 50 % of this are just recap of the two season except we see it from another POV. Is that was really necessary ? Two-three scenes would be fine.

Also, I hear the girl from the movie (sorry I don't remember her name) is actually alive in the manga so I wonder if she will no returns in season 3.

>he doesn't read the manga
this guy...

You're missing out on all the fun...

Wait, Chaos is crying ?  :o What next, Sugata smiles ?

DAT ASS!!!!!

Please Hiyori, just have some of my babies, just a few.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on August 23, 2012, 01:42:37 AM

How much of that is ass and how much is hips? Has science discovered a way to determine this?
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

I really hope this upcoming film doesn't follow the recent developments in the manga.

Welp, the manga has finally ended. Won't spoil anything, but it pretty much had a happy ended, so that's good. Though there is one pretty big surprise that caught me off guard, but makes sense when you think about it.

I aw the movie. It was good and the humor is hilarious but I am not sure if that a great final. The problem is the plot is all about Ikaros x Tomiki and a lot of stuff that happened in the manga are a cut. Heck the villains didn't appear at all.

Quote from: Gaston on September 02, 2014, 01:52:26 PM
I aw the movie. It was good and the humor is hilarious but I am not sure if that a great final. The problem is the plot is all about Ikaros x Tomiki and a lot of stuff that happened in the manga are a cut. Heck the villains didn't appear at all.

That's amusing, considering the finale of the manga leaned more towards Tomoki x Sohara (though it had a status quo ending without him actually choosing anybody).