Tenchi's siblings

Started by takahata, August 18, 2012, 01:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opinion about Tenchi's siblings

Only his sister Tennyo and half brother Kenshi
7 (77.8%)
Only his sister Tennyo, half brother Kenshi and a half sister.
0 (0%)
Two older brothers, three sisters, one half brother, and a half sister
0 (0%)
One older half sister, two brothers, three sisters, a half brother, and a younger half sister.
0 (0%)
Two older brothers, two sisters, a half brother and a half sister
0 (0%)
Likely 1,2,3, and 5
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Quote from: Empress of Jurai on August 23, 2012, 04:32:21 PM
I doubt he has more siblings. Until Kajishima says anything about it, there's only Tennyo and Kenshi

At the pesent time, we know that Tenchi has only two siblings,  They are Tennyo, and Kenshi.  There are some clues which may point out to the possiblity of Tenchi having other siblings.  Two of the clues are the ages of Nobuyuki and Kiyone, and what Katsuhito had told to Tenchi about many young Masaki taveling into space after learning the secrets of the Masaki Family.  The young members of the Masaki Family learn of the true history of the family after they come of age. In Japan, coming of age is twenty.  It is likely that the coming of age for the Masaki is eighteen.

August 26, 2012, 12:13:55 AM #16 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 12:19:40 AM by Tenchi Ryu
I honestly don't consider that a very strong clue. In fact, Nobuyuki even clarified that he had been with Kiyone for so long that he joked about how senile she was getting in the head, and even though she didn't look old, definitely had the "old hag" personality to match her actual age at times. Sounds to me Nobuyuki was there the entire 200 years. So I think that rules out Kiyone and Nobu being seriously involved with other people while she was alive.

And I just don't see another of Tenchi's siblings not coming to visit him when this was one of the most important times of his life. He was getting nurtured into the true Masaki culture as well as meeting his fiance that was personally handpicked by one of the most influential people in the galaxy. Even Tennyo and Airi put a break in their very busy schedules to visit Tenchi and introduce themselves as his immediate family.

I'm picking option #1 for now. They have a long time ahead of them. They're going to have other children. >.>
Denka! Kenshin-sama! Anata no kami no hogo o yokose!