GXP Vol 13 & 14 Illustrations

Started by DeusChex ^////^, May 09, 2016, 02:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thank you DeusEx, to give your pictures the most exposure, I put 10 of them onto our Tumblr feed:
http://tenchisgirls.tumblr.com/post/144150802311/deuschex-of-our-forum-was-kind-enough-to-provide

I think the light green haired girl that the others are angry at was in previous volumes.  Idk her name.

I wonder if this elf and wau are both the same character, based on the eyes, like Erma and Ryoko Balta?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on May 10, 2016, 10:50:45 AM
Is the woman in he firs illustration of vol 14 Minaho?

It looks like her, sort of, but her face and hair look different.

Also there's surprisingly very few illustrations of the wedding. I guess that means the next volume we'll finally see the plot go beyond the TV series. He's worked on this for 13 years. I don't see Masaki-sensei stopping anytime soon.

I was surprised about the few illustrations of the wedding myself.  I actually went through the book 3x just to make sure I didn't miss any.  I expected a big illustration of seina & co. in their wedding dresses, tux, etc., but sadly, it wasn't there.

Don't worry Deus Check, at least you were thorough. I'm curious, can you read Japanese? Because I was hoping someone can give us the plot  details for both novels.

I wish B&W illustrations looked as good as the color illustrations. I remember seeing that first color illustration of Amane back in Vol. 1. Yowza!  :heysexy:

I wonder if there will be other illustrations released of the wedding. It seems like a huge omission IMO.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on May 10, 2016, 05:22:10 PM
Don't worry Deus Check, at least you were thorough. I'm curious, can you read Japanese? Because I was hoping someone can give us the plot  details for both novels.

Sorry, I cannot.  I only know hiragana, katakana, & few kanji.  I'm just a fan & a collector.  I can however, say a couple more things I noticed while looking over the books.  If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please clarify/refute about what I'm going to say if you feel prompted.

Vol. 13 - 304 pages
Vol. 14 - 282 pages

In volume 13, chapter 9 is called "ZINV".  This word is prevalent throughout second half of the book.  (It's even on the back of vol.14.)  It's a mech from Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure.  It's the mech in the two-page spread from vol.13.  I never once saw the word "Idol", which is the mech Seina piloted in the anime.  The word "Idol" could've been presented another way though.  Maybe with D's presence in the novels, they're just calling it "ZINV"?

In volume 14, there is another word "HIMC".  I'm honestly not sure what this means.  It's on page 272, in the last 4 pages of novel before the author's note.

Quote from: DeusChex ^////^ on May 10, 2016, 06:40:02 PM

In volume 13, chapter 9 is called "ZINV".  This word is prevalent throughout second half of the book.  (It's even on the back of vol.14.)  It's a mech from Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure.  It's the mech in the two-page spread from vol.13.  I never once saw the word "Idol", which is the mech Seina piloted in the anime.  The word "Idol" could've been presented another way though.  Maybe with D's presence in the novels, they're just calling it "ZINV"?

In volume 14, there is another word "HIMC".  I'm honestly not sure what this means.  It's on page 272, in the last 4 pages of novel before the author's note.
"Idol" is what one certain fan (JGZinv) dubbed it when GXP first came out to distinguish it from ZINV (Jinbu), since the connection hadn't yet been made obvious to us. I think "Idol" came from how the Wau referred to it.

"HIMC" (Himiko) is the mecha that opposes ZINV in Dual, piloted by Mitsuki.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Quote from: Harls on May 10, 2016, 09:27:04 PM
"Idol" is what one certain fan (JGZinv) dubbed it when GXP first came out to distinguish it from ZINV (Jinbu), since the connection hadn't yet been made obvious to us. I think "Idol" came from how the Wau referred to it.

"HIMC" (Himiko) is the mecha that opposes ZINV in Dual, piloted by Mitsuki.

ok cool, thanks for the insight.  i actually don't remember all that much about Dual!, myself.  I watched it just a bit TOO long ago to remember all the details.  i'll have to give it another watch.  sweet photo pick as well.

Yes. Thank you.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Thanks for the scans.  Much better than my photos!