Questions thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 15, 2012, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 15, 2012, 04:35:04 PM Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:39:37 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Since the Tenchi Series (usually more so the  OVA continuity) is known to cause some confusion, especially the dubs, I think its good we establish a questions thread for people who might have wanted to know something or confused about a certain part of the series. Luckily, we got a number of people here who know their shit, so hopefully it should be able to get answered/discussed by someone, unless its something that is completely out of our hand, something like "Why is a girl looking like Mitsuki from Dual in Novel 8 of the GXP Novels?"

If it ain't been summarized, 9 times out of 10, most of us don't know either, so try to stick to stuff that's been covered in the anime. And note, this can be used for anything Tenchi related, this is NOT just focused on the OVA. Pretty Sammy, Universe, hell even Magical Girl's Club (That last one was definitely a joke. Seriously, I don't plan on knowing shit about that crap) is at your asking disposal.

For starters, here is the question about the Noike/Kagato connection that I answered on Ayeka.net. Really didn't want to see this one disappear once the old site goes down, especially since I had to watch that scene like 3 times in a row to make sure I knew what the hell I was talking about lol.

Originally asked byLightHawkWing on february 20th, 2012

Okay, so I'm still confused about the Noike/Female Kagato situation.

I know that because Tenchi drifted to the past and saved female Kagato that her desire to be with Tenchi again caused her to come in contact with Noike.

So is Dr. Clay the one who placed female Kagato into Noike when he did the illegal modifications on her to turn her into an infant? Or did he simply place the surveillance on her? Or both?

If he did place astral female Kagato into Noike, what was the purpose of doing that? He couldn't have known how prominent Noike would become?

And why was female Kagato in an astral form?

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu's answerIt gets real hazy, but it seems it should be that Noike IS Kagato, or at least part of her. This is how Washu explains it with me putting in little tidbits:

Washu: "Her manifestation time-point either shifted due to your temporal matter differences (Tenchi being a deity and her not), or it could've been the work of you know who....(Possibly Tokimi, Clay, or the Counteractor IMO). In any case, Noike-dono was picked up by the person she sees as her mother and regressed back into a baby as a means to hold onto a man. And it was Clay who performed that illegal modification. As a result of it, her astral form split into two seperate personalities, and this girl's desire to meet with you is what Z used to his advantage."

Ok, so what this is saying is that NOIKE IS KAGATO basically. And there are similarities between the two where you can see it, like Noike's eyes being the same grey as Kagato-chan. Basically, when her and Tenchi split up, she landed sometime in the past instead of coming back with Tenchi to the present. As the little girl, she was found by the person who Noike knows as her mother (The chick that abandoned her and was pulled over by Noike 20 years later.) But Noike's mother was trying to hold on to a man, and apparently a child this old was gonna make him walk on on her. So Noike's mother somehow contacted Dr. Clay to regress Noike back into a baby. (Yea, she's a real shitty parent lol.)

As a result of this experiment, Kagato's consciousness split into two forms, the personality she had as the white haired little girl, and a new personality who we now know as Noike. The little girl consciousness reverted into an astro form while the new Noike consciousness kept the physical body. Basically, Noike was now in control while Kagato did things subconsciously. But, Dr. Clay had marked Kagato's half with his symbol, and that could be used as a camera to see through Noike's eyes. (Remember we found out in OVA 2 that Clay was a cocky prick, and had to put his name on anything he felt was his, in this case being Noike's procedure).

Now that Noike was an adult, she had faint images of Tenchi from the past, which is why it was really easy for her to fall for Tenchi. She basically said the perfect man she dreams about reminds her of Tenchi, and it actually IS Tenchi lol. This was also because Kagato was subconsciously pushing Noike to get closer to Tenchi since she wanted to be with him anyway. Z knew ALL of this and used it to his advantage. He KNEW that Noike was Kagato, and was able to use her to spy on Tenchi the entire time she was here.

Its never told how Z got Clay's blueprints on how to use Noike, but its definitely likely it was around OVA 2. Clay was seen visiting Tokimi a lot at this time, and remember Z was there at her "shrine" a good amount of time. So I can see Z getting the information from Clay. At OVA 2 episode 13, it was clear Z was ready to carry out his plan, cause Tokimi could read it on his face. She even had to sternly warn him, "Don't you lay a hand on Tenchi", she knew he was up to something.

So there you go, to make a long explanation short, Noike = Kagato. In the final episode of OVA 3, the two split personalities finally meet and decide to become one person again, then they successfully assimilate. We see proof as them being one person now, as Kajishima shows this by giving Noike Kagato's hair bangs.....

Noike Pre-assimilated

Kagato Pre-assimilated (focus on her bangs)

Kagato now a complete person again, aka Noike 2.0 lol

Noikato ( :P) some years later

Here is some more evidence on my previous explanation on Noike. For a while, there has been confusion on the deleted scene where Tenchi and Kagato travel towards the future and see a Counteractor Misaki destroying Jurai. What's interesting here is not that she addresses Tenchi, but address Kagato.........as Noike.

"Shine! Minna shinjae!"
"Die! Everyone dies!"

"Misaki-san?"

"Ara.. Tenchi-chan"
"Oh, my... Tenchi-chan."

"Ara... Noike-chan..."
"Oh, my... Noike-chan..."
"Ii naa, Tenchi-chan ni tasukete morattandaa"
"Must be nice, having Tenchi-chan save you."

So this CLEARLY lets us know that Misaki somehow also knew that Noike is Kagato. How this is possible? I honestly have no clue at this point. It may be because of her new godly powers, or it could be that the Royal family knows this information. And if this is true, that would be very interesting, and may give more insight on WHY Noike was chosen by Seto in the FIRST place to be her daughter and engage Tenchi. Damn, now I want to know more lol.

And while I'm at it, a little tidbit why I'm one of the parties here who can't stand funimation

Quote from: Sub vs Dub RANTJapanese Sub
Tokimi: "Impossible! you repelled my power? Don't tell me you found it, Z?!"
Z: "The Counteractor- the skewed power born from all your interference...I found it in an unexpected place."

English Dub
Tokimi: Impossible, there is no way you should be able to deflect my power! Unless somehow you found the counteractor!!
Z: You thought it was lost forever in the forgotten space of a power warp, but I finally found it. I knew you'd be surprised....

Why in the hell would they change such a vital important line to the plot like that?! And make it mean something completely different? SMFH.....HARD.

here's some questions:

I heard a Rumor that Ryoko has PTSD and Washu is trying to help her with it?

Does Washu ever figure out that Mihoshi is related to her?

August 15, 2012, 06:35:01 PM #2 Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:40:30 PM by Tenchi Ryu
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 15, 2012, 05:51:14 PM
Hmm, not really sure about that one, maybe someone else can touch upon that. However, ever since Zero assimilated with Ryoko, a LOT of her behavioral faults have been "tamed" to a degree. She's a lot more docile then she use to be, even when angry. When we first met Ryoko, she was ready to blow up Tenchi's entire town just to get back at Ayeka who she didn't like. And even in episode 7, played dirty tricks against her. Compared that to episode 16 where Ryoko clearly doesn't care for Noike at first, but instead keeps most of her hostility to herself, with a slick comment every now and then. Overall, she has a lot more self control with her emotions and social skills. And of course, Washu would probably take ALL the credit  ;D ;D

Does Washu ever figure out that Mihoshi is related to her?
If I remember correctly, Mihoshi does mention them being related in one of the specials. I think it was the Mihoshi special, but since that's not canon, can't really use that. However, we do get clarification that Washu and even Mikami should know about their connection. In episode 20 when giving Misao his punishment and having that "trial", Minami ranted about how the Kuramitsu family wouldn't allow a non Seiwan to marry within the family. Ryoko then starts counter-ranting on why she thinks noble families suck because of this exact "rule". That's when Mikami chuckles and looks towards Washu, as Washu also chuckles and looks towards Mikami, giving a sort of mutual agreement about what's just been said.

This is the exact reason why Washu had her child taken away from her as she was pretty much exactly in Mashisu's shoes, except Misao actually fights back while Washu's husband apparently didn't object. So with this little exchange, Washu and Mikami seem to know they are related, which in turn opens the possibility that the other High members of the Kuramitsu family should know. Hell, Mikami IS Washu's granddaughter, so its not like it should be that hard if you dug deep enough for answers.

I never heard of the PTSD rumor.

I know Washu and Ryoko are estranged and Washu is trying to socialize her daughter.  Remember, Ryoko grew up without a mom for 5k years.  As far as she's concerned, she doesn't need one.

QuoteDoes Washu ever figure out that Mihoshi is related to her?
I think it's from an MK Q&A sessions, but he says she knows from the very beginning.  I tried looking up the files, but they were saved long ago and are now suffering a major case of mojibake.
Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.

I'd say it's safe to assume she's aware Mihoshi is related to her. In GXP it's mentioned Washu was researching Mihoshi's unique abilities and one of the first things she would have done is trace her bloodline for additional anomalies [like Mitoto].

Quote from: ep25Washu-sama, the galaxy's top scientist and researcher of Mihoshi-san, was the one who came to this conclusion!

Quote from: جبريل 無道 on August 15, 2012, 08:24:07 PM
I think it's from an MK Q&A sessions, but he says she knows from the very beginning.  I tried looking up the files, but they were saved long ago and are now suffering a major case of mojibake.
Probably no need to look it up, Washu shows a bunch of signs that she's pretty much completely aware by episode 12. And by aware, I mean Washu the goddess aware. Episode 13.5 confirms it, she knows pretty much everything, including that Tokimi wiped Clay's mind.