Noike Fan Thread

Started by Tenchi Ryu, August 17, 2012, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
NOIKE BEAT UP MY CHILDHOOD!!! :frogonk:

(And she's pretty here, even with short hair.)

Visit Tenchi's Girls Facebook Group for everyday pics and random info.  Tenchi's Girls Twitter too.

Quote from: antvasima on August 27, 2014, 03:12:45 PM
I like Noike fine. I just dislike that she yells so much on Mihoshi.

Mihoshi seemed similar to her brother before whatever made her all ditzy and TU like. I can understand why Noike has a short temper if you're a police officer and your partner always jumps head first into shit without thinking and in the process getting all of you busted.

Also need to note the dynamic difference of the team. Mihoshi and Kiyone were partners. In the OVA however, Noike Mihoshi and Mashisu were a 3 man team. So they were more of a squad. For all 3 of them to be 2nd class detectives, that's probably embarrassing as hell how awful she made them look at times.

August 28, 2014, 03:31:51 AM #17 Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:36:51 AM by antvasima
Quote from: Dr.Soviet on August 27, 2014, 04:02:06 PM
Wouldn't you? Just imagine dealing with her shit EVERYDAY.
Nah, I would be nice to Mihoshi. She is very kind, and traumatised from having her mind and body disassembled and put together again. And likely autistic and severely adhd on top. She can't really help it. Yelling at her all the time won't make her better.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: antvasima on August 28, 2014, 03:31:51 AM
And likely autistic and severely adhd on top.

Slow down there, Dr. Oz. There is a very high probability that she is just a complete air-head like most blondes in media are.

That being said... Long hair Noike yes. Short hair Noike ya dun goofed  :son:
This is not a sig, it's a Sandwich.

November 11, 2014, 07:04:35 AM #19 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:35:36 AM by Tenchi Ryu
After rewatching some Tenchi, got to really appreciate Noike coming in and bringing order to the house. It never really dawned on me just how much Tenchi was doing...other than Sasami doing the cooking, Tenchi was doing just about everything.

Harvesting and bringing in ALL the food (for 7 people), Doing ALL the laundry (for 7 people), and cleaning up around the house (behind 7 fucking people, ALL females).

No wonder Tenchi's body just said fuck it and gave up.

Looking above though, its funny we're arguing about her hair when looking through the Tenchi-ban doujins, she seems to be kinda insecure about her looks in general. She spent almost the entire time wonder if she was gonna be too plain compared to all these bombshell alien chicks that Tenchi lives with, so much soo she tried like 10 different "looks".

I bet when she first got that haircut and asked Tenchi how it looked, she would have shriveled up and died right there on the spot if he said "that shit looking kinda wack".

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 11, 2014, 07:04:35 AM
...its funny we're arguing about her hair when looking through the Tenchi-ban doujins, she seems to be kinda insecure about her looks in general. She spent almost the entire time wonder if she was gonna be too plain compared to all these bombshell alien chicks that Tenchi lives with, so much soo she tried like 10 different "looks".

I bet when she first got that haircut and asked Tenchi how it looked, she would have shriveled up and died right there on the spot if he said "that shit looking kinda wack".

Well, to be fair, a large part of that was Airi & Tennyo trying to bully her into abandoning the mission. Since they could not go directly against Seto, they pecked away at Noike's willpower, under the guise of courtship rituals. But yeah, I'd imagine she's a lot more insecure than she normally lets on.

Quote from: Tenchi Ryu on November 11, 2014, 07:04:35 AM
After rewatching some Tenchi, got to really appreciate Noike coming in and bringing order to the house. It never really dawned on me just how much Tenchi was doing...other than Sasami doing the cooking, Tenchi was doing just about everything.

Harvesting and bringing in ALL the food (for 7 people), Doing ALL the laundry (for 7 people), and cleaning up around the house (behind 7 fucking people, ALL females).

No wonder Tenchi's body just said fuck it and gave up.

Looking above though, its funny we're arguing about her hair when looking through the Tenchi-ban doujins, she seems to be kinda insecure about her looks in general. She spent almost the entire time wonder if she was gonna be too plain compared to all these bombshell alien chicks that Tenchi lives with, so much soo she tried like 10 different "looks".

I agree...
only 1 girl can fuckup your life so easy  :milk:
imagination.. 7 girls live together, and all of them try to be your girl friend.
is absolute .... HELL

if that happen in the real life.
I'm think he supposed to be dead in first 15 minute of the show.

:uhaul:

Noike's not as bad as I originally thought. Rewatching the series, I've gotten a chance to see the good she'll be doing (besides Tenchi) and her effects on the others.

I feel ashamed to have thought of her as home wrecker before.  :neg:
Say my name.

Baker.

You're dang right.

Quote from: Tenbac86 on January 22, 2015, 11:18:36 PM
Noike's not as bad as I originally thought. Rewatching the series, I've gotten a chance to see the good she'll be doing (besides Tenchi) and her effects on the others.

I feel ashamed to have thought of her as home wrecker before.  :neg:

If she had been introduced in say OVA 2 I think people would like her a lot more.

Personally the way I feel about her is that she is basically Sakuya mixed with Kiyone over all she is not one of my fave characters.

Quote from: MariaTenebre on July 22, 2015, 09:41:17 PM
Personally the way I feel about her is that she is basically Sakuya mixed with Kiyone over all she is not one of my fave characters.

Might not like the Noike fan thread then.

:wtf:
"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

I think it says a lot about Noike that she flat out told Ryoko and Ayeka the truth about why she was actually sent to the house in episode 16. She didn't have to and could play up the fiancee role if she chose to but she clearly wanted to to make them more comfortable with the situation that nobody had any control over.

And concerning the whole "she came in and took over the house" issue people have with her, if you ask me, she did what she did to make the house's inhabitants more of family. "Thank you for your hard work today. Without all of your help, it would be quite impossible to keep this house under control." It's because of her that Ayeka and Ryoko can sit together and have an actual conversation. "Here exists an uncontrollable military might that belongs to no nation...and unlike you, I have the ability to turn against Tenchi if the situation warrants it." She knows they'd never turn against him, so she wants to make the house a home instead of a bunch of crazy uber-powerful broads living under one roof and fighting over this dude.

"You're a pretty good person."-Ryoko.

The more I watch OVA 3, the more I take a liking to Noike. She is great if you actually take the time out to get to know her

"As one of the GXP doujinshi notes, Noike is an earnest person that just never seems to be able to get married, even though she seems like she would. Perhaps Noike is so competent, earnest, and powerful, she intimidates most men, even though she could be a wonderful wife. So, men either fear her or want to use her. That worried Seto, so I'm sure that she would like it if something more developed between Noike and Tenchi."

So the "Mary Sue"-ish behavior that some fans see in Noike, that being her take charge attitude and her overpowering nature is apart of her character and apart of her development. It concerned Seto and putting her in the house with Tenchi and the girls to change her and help her was apart of the plan, not just that she would come in and take over the house which isn't/wasn't Noike's objective, making the house a family was, a surrogate family at that.

Noike's job was to come and monitor the house whose inhabitants are the most powerful people in the galaxy. She made it clear in episode 16 that they're a military might belonging to no nation; in episode 13, they proved to Funaho, Misaki, and Azusa that they have absolutely no intention of going to Jurai (as of now) so what does Seto do? Send in a den mother to keep tabs on them, of course, with a couple ulterior motives regarding the personal situation and not the political.

How did Noike hope to make sure this group with more power than any known army would never become an army? Make sure they were a family in a home instead of a bunch of uber powerful psychological cases living under a roof on an underdeveloped planet. Her ulterior motive: she needs a family. Being adopted by Seto is one thing, but I doubt they had a typical mother/daughter relationship with them being who they are so moving into the house and being integrated into a family is the best thing for her. Seto's ulterior motive: softening Noike's rough edges, taking the stick out of her ass, giving her a family, and of course, to play matchmaker as usual and as Sasami said, to throw pebbles into water to see how big the ripples are.

Ayeka and Ryoko might have yielded to letting her stay in the house, but in no way are they obedient to what she says and aren't "utterly lost without her guidance." That's not what was happening. Ryoko finally caved in episode 16 and started doing some chores and got off her lazy ass, Noike's appearance making her realize that it's what's best for Tenchi. Ryoko's line "you're a pretty good person" let us know that she knew what Noike's intentions were and just the fact that she SAID that OUT LOUD, should have solidified that for us and lets us know that the things we fans try to accuse Noike of doing are not what she was doing.