Complete tenchi novel collection Google translated

Started by Eff Efferson, January 02, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 02, 2017, 01:53:02 PM Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:36:56 AM by Fap_fapperson
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Thank you, for both the raw and the machine translation!
When I looked at the translated files I notices that Paradise War 1 & GXP 09 were actually the raw ones.
Just wanted to let you know.
understanding is a three-edged sword
metaphorically . metaphysically . literally

AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNGGGG! now i know EVERYTHING I WANTED TO KNOW (although some of it is kind of confusing).

but the glorious trade-off is that some of the translations are a riot! there's some gold translations in washu's novel omfg. priceless. ahhhh can i send you some cookies in the mail or something!? :shygirl:

January 03, 2017, 07:27:31 AM #4 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:52:32 AM by Fap_fapperson
Quote from: fyr on January 02, 2017, 06:38:34 PM
Thank you, for both the raw and the machine translation!
When I looked at the translated files I notices that Paradise War 1 & GXP 09 were actually the raw ones.
Just wanted to let you know.

thanks for the heads up i fixed it
    Azusa who is excited by the prostitution of candidate for fiancee's role but can not refuse if it is invited from Sasami who does not hurt even if put in eyes.

you could make a thread just off of the bad translation sections and it would be pure comedy gold.

kai pirate is space pirate just fyi
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thank you very much for the help.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

Quote from: spokethewind on January 02, 2017, 09:28:03 PM
AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNGGGG! now i know EVERYTHING I WANTED TO KNOW (although some of it is kind of confusing).

but the glorious trade-off is that some of the translations are a riot! there's some gold translations in washu's novel omfg. priceless. ahhhh can i send you some cookies in the mail or something!? :shygirl:

I am allergic to most cookies. but i appreciate the offer lol.  :( im broke as a joke after getting all these...
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Thank you so so much for doing this, I don't care that it's machine translated I can finally read the GXP novels in English!  :bravo:

Maybe someone can eventually post a "cleaned-up" version of all the novels. But thankfully, Google Translate seems decent enough.

Ok, I've started reading GXP volume 3, because I heard that's where the becomes more of it's own thing and less of a recao of the anime.

Everything is so awkwardly phrased that it takes my brain a few seconds to unscramble the meaning of each sentence. Granted, sometimes things seem awkwardly phrased to me even when I'm reading a high-quality translation. It's slow going, but after waiting this long, I am not quitting now.

Quote from: GP cadet 87 on January 05, 2017, 07:09:21 PM
Ok, I've started reading GXP volume 3, because I heard that's where the becomes more of it's own thing and less of a recao of the anime.

Everything is so awkwardly phrased that it takes my brain a few seconds to unscramble the meaning of each sentence. Granted, sometimes things seem awkwardly phrased to me even when I'm reading a high-quality translation. It's slow going, but after waiting this long, I am not quitting now.

I am reading as summarising yosho right now in the translation section. its clubnky but honestly after translating so long i have learned google ese.

btw KAi pirate or anything kai just assume its space pirate...  kai means ocean so the kanji usualy means ocean pirate which just means pirate.

he. usualy means she. lol or they... really it fucks up every pronoun *tumblr collectively gets triggered everytime u google translate.

the tense is always present when it should be past lol.  if it says koro ... it mistranslated some katakana jsut read it with the next word as if it was english. like koro knee. colony. its colony. if the sentance repeats and the repeating segment at the end goes nowhere.. ignore that shit.

shitobaba - shitty old hag.

Example of some common mistakes
    To be honest, Azusa was thinking that the opponent is just a Space pirate/ocean pirate although it is somewhat tougher. However, the other party is an assistant of Washu who is a genius scientist of Galaxy Academy and can not notice that Ryoko's prototype body was acquired. Azusa was the first warrior practice and I came across to Jurai's boat that could stand against Jurai's ship. It was destiny.

with corrections next to the wrong parts
    To be honest, Azusa was thinking that the (his) opponent is(was) just a Kai pirate (space pirate) although it(he) is (was) somewhat tougher. However, the other party is(was) an(the) assistant of Washu who is(was) a genius scientist of Galaxy Academy and (*he*)can (did) not notice that(**kagato**) (possessed) Ryoko's prototype body was acquired (japanise puts its verbs at the end of the sentance). Azusa was the first warrior practice and I(he) came across to Jurai's boat (ship) that could stand against Jurai's ship. It was destiny.( Azusa was the first jurian ship that kagato had encountered and the first ship that asuza came upon who could stand against a jurian ship. it was fate)

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

bump for celebrating my 200th post
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here