What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I finished Conception 2. I even got the platinum trophy which isn't something I usually do.

I've never bought into waifuism, but I think I might have legitimately fallen in love with one of the girls from this game.

Quote from: WaitoKon on October 13, 2017, 09:55:57 PMBut they were bankrupt halfway through, had to swap in McDonalds happy meals toys and accompanying cardboard for some of the props they would photo for in game asset concepts.  :duke:

No surprise here, I've been playing the Japanese version of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory since it came out this past Wednesday.  Long story short - if you liked Cyber Sleuth, you'll LOVE Hacker's Memory.  Along with the new Digimon and the new story (The Japanese version also has an improved version of the original Cyber Sleuth that adds the new Digimon, rebalancing, and so forth - whether this will be in the US version in January remains to be seen), they made a bunch of overall improvements to balancing and so forth.  ESPECIALLY online play.  They have fighting game style lobbies available in the free online battles now (It's not just ranked matches anymore), which is REALLY awesome.

I will also take this moment to state that I definitely agree with the Sistermons being the preorder bonus for this one.  And yeah, I preordered, so I indeed have them on my team.  *Points at Sistermon Blanc, his new avatar*  BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon being the preorder bonus for the original Cyber Sleuth was definitely a HUGE risk, and I saw quite the salty response from fans given that they're the dark versions of perhaps THE two most well known Digimon.  The Sistermons, OTOH, aren't seen too much (This is their first major appearance in any anime, mainstream video game, or even Digivice).  Because of this, they're only really known to those who follow the entire metaverse with the Digimon profiles and stuff (Case in point, they usually follow Hackmon / Jesmon around), making them perfect for use as preorder bonus Digimon.  I for one am definitely happy to see Blanc and Noir in a mainline release finally.  :)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

I got myself a Switch and have been playing Breath of the Wild. I've been having a great time with it so far.

Still been primarily focusing on Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, especially after the update yesterday that added Ryudamon's line.  I've already got Ouryumon - definitely hauled some rear end on that one.  I was so stoked when they confirmed at the beginning of the month that he was gonna be added to the game.  I've also made nice progress with the Digimon I've had since before the update.  Got both Sistermons to their Awaken Modes, along with some of the heavy hitters I've SERIOUSLY been looking forward to such as PileVolcanomon, Dorugoramon, Durandamon, and GranDracmon.  I'm seriously hoping they'll add at least UlforceVeedramon Future Mode and Omnimon Alter-S (Along with his two halves BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon) to the game as well.  :)

Elsewhere, I've gotten back to Street Fighter V as of the Arcade Edition update, which along with Hacker's Memory's US launch and the Ryudamon update also happened earlier this month.  FINALLY, SF5 is how it should have been when it launched - a much more complete and robust package in general.  Even though Zangief and Alex were my mains originally, I've bumped them down to being subs.  I'm an Abigail main now, so watch out, I've got horsepower, LOL!

And before anyone asks, yes, Dragon Ball FighterZ is next up for me to add to my regular playlist, starting tomorrow.  It's looking likely that I'll be a Vegeta / Adult Gohan / Android 16 main for now.

(And yeah, I used the English dub names and so forth for the Digimon stuff for the sake of convenience to the others here.)
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

I finally finished Breath of the Wild. I'm not really a big Zelda guy, I've only played a couple of games, but I really loved BotW. It's probably the most fun I've had with an open world game. I'd spend hours just exploring looking for shrines and korok seeds. Now I need to get something new for my switch.

HEY LET'S REVIVE A DEAD THREAD  :parrot:

Just recently beat Black Mesa on Steam and I'm looking to get back on the DMC binge by finishing 3 and getting started on 4:SE after my short break from it.

Then after that, I'll probably get around to reviving my Halo marathon I started a while ago and clamp down on the Sonic Jam ports of the games with my new Saturn before my summer vacation ends and college starts. 
Gamers,

I haven't really been watching or reading anything lately, so I've mostly been playing games. I went back and finally finished Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Ni No Kuni. I bought and finished Shantae Half-Genie Hero and Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. Yesterday I got Battle Chasers Nightwar, so I'll be playing that for the next little while.

August 13, 2018, 09:13:22 AM #143 Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:17:33 AM by WarOmnimon
What have I been playing?

-Dragon Ball FighterZ.  Android 16 and Broly are 2 of my mains in this game (No surprise, keep in mind that I usually main grapplers in pretty much every fighting game, Soul Calibur being the usual exception).

-Fighting EX Layer.  So happy to see the Street Fighter EX characters again... no surprise here, Darun main.

-Been playing Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on and off, Alex main.  It still isn't the best game in the world and Capcom still needs to do something about the shady means of obtaining Fight Money, but at least it's better than it was when it first released in 2016 now.

-And if you want to count mobile games... Power Rangers: Legacy Wars (Managed to unlock MMPR Green recently, VERY happy about that), Digimon Links, and Digimon ReArise.  Granted, ReArise isn't available in English yet, but I'm still playing it despite the language barrier because Erismon, the main Digimon of the game, is just plain awesome.  A hedgehog Digimon, FINALLY.  (Bonus points given that he's voiced by Risa Taneda.)

As for upcoming releases?  Very much looking forward to Soul Calibur VI (Siegfried main as always), Mega Man 11, My Hero Academia: One's Justice (Probably gonna main All Might), and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (SIMON BOI!).

Double post only because it's been a while.  Anyway, Soul Calibur VI is THE business here right now; I have been playing the heck out of it since it came out and have made several custom characters already (Mostly Digimon and ToHeart 2 characters, but I'll get around to Tenchi characters soon enough).  As I said before, I'll be getting a Nintendo Switch and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Christmas; as it stands right now, I'm maining Simon, also as I said before.

Current video game to-buy list (Not counting Smash Ultimate): Digimon Survive (Feels good man; the original Falcomon's back, we don't get to see much of him lately), My Hero Academia: One's Justice (All Might main), Mega Man 11 (I hear that it's really good!), BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Probably an Iron Tager + Kanji main because those are my mains in BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena), Jump Force (As it stands right now, I'll probably main Yugi... but if Jotaro, Kinnikuman, and / or Kenshiro make it that's DEFINITELY gonna change) and Dead or Alive 6 (Bass main as always).  As far as imports go, I'll be after Kamen Rider Climax Scramble Zi-O and Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission on the Switch.

And if virtual pets relevant to anime and video game stuff count, I've got a Digital Monster X Black coming in March.  Really happy that Beelzemon X and Sakuyamon X (The latter of whom is appearing on anything for the first time) made the lineup for that one; I also want to get the Digital Monster X White for the Digimon exclusive to that one (Gabumon X's line, Craniamon X, Sistermon Ciel whose actual canonical iteration is actually quite different than she was as a censored Noir in Hacker's Memory's US version, etc.).

Quote from: royce.cooker on July 26, 2018, 07:35:55 AM
HEY LET'S REVIVE A DEAD THREAD  :parrot:

Just recently beat Black Mesa on Steam

I'm waiting until they add Xen before going crazy with it.

Got my Nintendo Switch (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate bundle, so Smash Ultimate is already bought and paid for!) last week.  I didn't have much money to spend on heavy hitters, so I picked up some cheaper games to play in the meantime.  Those being...

20XX - REALLY good Mega Man X meets Roguelike type game.  Check it out if you haven't already.

Pocket Rumble - This is actually a decently balanced fighting game mostly because of the gimmick of every landed hit doing 1 damage and every character having 11 life.  Tenchi (No, not Masaki :P ) and Quinn main here.

Double Dragon IV - If you liked Double Dragon II and don't mind NES style presentation, this isn't a bad deal at all.  $7 for a new (It was first released in 2017 but still) Double Dragon game that has lots of unlockable characters (And before you ask, YES, you can unlock and play as Abobo!), a survival mode once you beat the game (Tower Mode it's called), and other neat stuff.

Arcade Archives: Punch-Out!! - The original arcade version of Punch-Out!! ported to a console for the first time, so darn right I was buying it.  :)  It plays more like Super Punch-Out!! on the SNES than Punch-Out!! on the NES and Wii.  Just watch out for Pizza Pasta, because that guy's grab into a free uppercut is ANNOYING.  And oh... everyone gets new tricks during the second loop after you beat Mr. Sandman (Even second loop Glass Joe is tricky!).

I've been playing Let's Go Eevee. This is the first Pokemon game I've played since X, and I've been having a pretty good time with it. There isn't much of a post game though. I've almost completed the pokedex, and once I do that I'll probably be done with it.

Been playing the heck out of several games lately.  My Nintendo Switch is my platform of choice now, mostly because of the unfair treatment that the Japanese third party devs have been handed by Sony lately; in fact, many of them are already jumping ship to Nintendo because of it.  You can look all around the internet to find out what I'm talking about, so I won't talk about it here (SPOILER ALERT for those who don't know; Sony is siding with the SJWs).  Here's just a sampling.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Incineroar, Ken, and Simon main, Piranha Plant and Joker sub.  Can't wait to see who the other DLC characters are.

Mortal Kombat 11 - Jax main.  Saw the Shang Tsung trailer yesterday and I might be subbing him.  And yes, I'm stoked that Spawn finally made it.

Mega Man 11 - I'm at the Wily Stages, but haven't finished them.  I need to get back to this game, seriously.

Tetris 99 - Playing Tetris against 98 other players (Or 98 other CPU opponents via the Big Block DLC) is nice for a quick pick-me-up.

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - This game actually isn't that bad, especially for the price.  Lord Drakkon + Udonna + Dragon Armor Trini is my main team.  Don't @ me.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle - Currently a Heart + Kanji main.  Funny thing is, even though Kanji is my main in Persona 4 Arena, I don't main Heart in Arcana Heart (I main Kamui in Arcana, and I will be maining her here if she makes it in a later update).  AND OH, if you're playing the Switch version... you'd better hope that the sixth franchise coming to the game (Hinted via the silver diamond) isn't Aquapazza (It could be, Aquapazza's logo is mostly silver; same way I knew the pink diamond was going to be Arcana Heart)... because if it is, I'm going online and breaking stuff with a Tamaki (My main in Aquapazza) + Kanji teamup.  Speculation ahoy, I know... but then again, speculation is fun, so don't @ me.

Blaster Master Zero - Currently in the middle of a run through the game as Shovel Knight.

And for the record, YES.  I will be playing Pokemon Sword / Shield once it comes out.  Still undecided on which starter and version; I'll be waiting for information on the starters' evolutions (This is legitimately the first time that I like the base forms for all 3 starters the same) and the version differences before choosing.

I am sorry to hear about Sony.
Please help out with improving the Tenchi Muyo wiki:

https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki