What video games are you currently playing?

Started by WarOmnimon, December 28, 2012, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow, my dream of a Nintendo renaissance are finally happening.

June 23, 2019, 07:04:44 PM #151 Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:54:32 PM by WarOmnimon
Quote from: WaitoKon on June 06, 2019, 06:11:00 PM
Wow, my dream of a Nintendo renaissance are finally happening.

I know, right?  The circumstances behind it is the craziest part, to be honest.  Of all the things to trigger said renaissance... but that's going off topic.  Maybe I'll start a thread to discuss the details at some point in the future.

Anyway, quick updates.  Spent most of my playtime this week on Mortal Kombat 11, figuring things out as Shang Tsung.  And this week, the new Samurai Shodown and Super Mario Maker 2 come out, which I've already preordered digital copies for.  Likely going to main Hanzo (My usual main in the SamSho series) in the former, though Yashamaru also looks pretty darn cool and I'll probably be playing as him as well.  :)

EDIT New Samurai Shodown is out, and it's awesome.  As is the norm for the SamSho series, if you like big combos, this isn't your game.  You gotta be patient to get gud as they say.  And for the record, I'm maining Galford this time.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.
Current profile photo: Sakuya Shirase (THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors)

Do v-pets count as video games? I picked up the Digimon 20th anniversary v-pet a few days ago and have been having a lot of fun playing with that.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on August 19, 2019, 10:05:16 AM
Do v-pets count as video games? I picked up the Digimon 20th anniversary v-pet a few days ago and have been having a lot of fun playing with that.

I'd say they count.  Heck, last I checked, I actually talked about them in this thread before.  I have a blue Japanese 20th anniversary v-pet, the Silver Grey and Silver Blue 20th anniversary Digimon Pendulums (Hopefully those come out over here, because the rosters of raisable Digimon on those are even cooler than those on the first 20th anniversary v-pets; plenty of Digimon you don't get to see too much of even in the video games), and the black Digital Monster X... and that's just the recent releases.  I've got a pretty big collection actually, and I'll post a photo once my Digital Monster X2s arrive in November.  (And yes, I've got the Digital Monster X3s preordered as well.)

As for what I've been playing lately... mostly the same games as usual for now.  Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Tetris 99, and Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.  I've got WWE 2k20 preordered and will be buying Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition and Pokemon Sword once those are available for preorder.  As far as mobile games, I'm waiting for Digimon ReArise (Preregistered for it and everything)... but that shouldn't be a surprise.
"I believe classic Mewtwo shot first, and I will die on that hill." -Me, at some point. Probably.

Double posting because it has been a bit.  Right now, I'm primarily playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (And yes, I AM a Terry main, HEY C'MON C'MON!), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition, and Z1M1 (ROM randomizer that combines The Legend of Zelda and Metroid on the NES into one game and then randomizes them; it's similar to the randomizer for LttP and Super Metroid that you've probably heard about before).  I would also be playing Pokemon Sword (What I've played of it is good; yeah, we didn't get the National Dex, but it is the only takeaway the game really has so far IMO), but there's a glitch with the digital copy right now that can delete your entire SD card, so I'm waiting for an update before going back to it.

On the v-pet side of things, my Digital Monster X2s should be here early next week.  As I noted before, I'm going to be after BlackWarGreymon X and Rasenmon (The Mega form of Herrismon, the main Digimon in Digimon ReArise) on my red and purple X2s (Respectively) first.  So stoked that BWG X has a full line now; I absolutely LOVE the colors they picked for Agumon X (Virus), not to mention how awesome DarkTyranomon X and MetalGreymon X (Virus) look (Bonus points, the two iterations of MetalGreymon X are NOT recolors of each other, even having different weapons).  :)

It can delete your entire SD card? I was just about to get that for the Switch.  :stonk:

I played Pokemon Shield. It was really short. And I know Pokemon games are for kids, but even so, this game was especially easy. I've been enjoying all of the Melony art though.

Quote from: WaitoKon on November 21, 2019, 02:29:12 PMIt can delete your entire SD card? I was just about to get that for the Switch.  :stonk:

From what I understand, the glitch is specific to the digital download.  The physical copies don't have the glitch; how that's possible, I have no idea... and yes, Nintendo STILL hasn't fixed this for the digital version.  TLDR If you buy the cartridge, you should be fine.

Anyway, I've been going a bit old school lately.  Been playing quite a bit of Real Bout Fatal Fury as of late, Franco Bash main (Hey, chalk up another rare case of a fighting game where my main ISN'T a grappler!) there.  I'm also playing Aquapazza on and off, Tamaki (NO DUH!) and Oboro main there.  To be honest, most of my free time has been spent watching anime, toku (Specifically Kamen Rider Zero-One), streams, and the like moreso than it has been spent playing video games... which should hopefully change soon once the Monster Rancher port comes out on the Switch next week (Japan only for now; it hasn't been confirmed if we'll get it over here, and I hope it does).

As for my Digital Monster X2s, which came in at the end of November.  I've successfully raised Barbamon X on both of those, and also raised Rasenmon on the red one.  Got Velgmon on the purple X2 right now, going for AncientSphinxmon.

I played quite a bit of Animal Crossing. Pretty lucky that it came out towards the start of all the lockdowns. I also played through Batman Arkham Asylum.

Still waiting for a Digimon Survive release date.

I've been on a bit of an old school kick as of late for some reason, going back and playing some retro games and so forth. To be precise, one of my favorite pasttimes in recent weeks has been playing Doom 2 with the MetaDoom mod and randomly generated levels (Via OBLIGE + ObAddon), which is a fun combo. More recent games I've been playing as of late include WWE 2k Battlegrounds (Which especially for a $40 game isn't that bad at all) and Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (I need to get good with Lauren, she just came out and I haven't had much training mode time yet).

Come to think of it, I didn't get to report on my Digital Monster X3s yet. Across both versions (Blue and Yellow) and considering the Digimon who are Ultra levels in terms of gameplay balance (All of whom are Royal Knights on the X3s aside from Diaboromon X), I've raised Alphamon Ouryuken, UlforceVeedramon X, Magnamon X, Jesmon X, and Gankoomon X so far... and yes, I made sure to DNA Digivolve Jesmon X and Gankoomon X into Jesmon GX once I got them.

Related to that comment... there is a rumor going around that the original Digital Monster Xs (Black and White) may be coming out in the US and Europe this coming February. As someone who has 5 of the 6 versions (Specifically Black, Red, Purple, Blue, and Yellow; the only one I'm missing is White), I'd have to say that the Digital Monster X Series are the best v-pets the franchise has gotten in a while. If that rumor is true, I'm so glad that more fans are gonna get to check these out (And I'll also be able to get the White version to complete my set). :)

Quote from: WarOmnimon on September 23, 2020, 02:09:34 PM
Related to that comment... there is a rumor going around that the original Digital Monster Xs (Black and White) may be coming out in the US and Europe this coming February.
Hopefully this turns out to be true. I had a lot of fun with the version 20th english, but importing a Japanese one is too expensive for me. I'm a bit bummed that they are skipping the Pendulum though. The X seems cool, but the Pendulum has so many more Digimon to raise. Hopefully the DMX sells well enough that they release all 3 versions and then they can circle back to the Pendulum.

Quote from: Ryo-Okay on September 24, 2020, 01:19:13 PM
Hopefully this turns out to be true. I had a lot of fun with the version 20th english, but importing a Japanese one is too expensive for me. I'm a bit bummed that they are skipping the Pendulum though. The X seems cool, but the Pendulum has so many more Digimon to raise. Hopefully the DMX sells well enough that they release all 3 versions and then they can circle back to the Pendulum.
I think it's moreso the fact that we never got the original Pendulums over here like we did the original v-pets as to why they'd skip the Pendulum Ver.20th. I agree that it would be a shame for them to get skipped altogether, especially given that the lineup across those is both large and has plenty of Digimon that you don't get to see much of. I was especially happy to see BushiAgumon in the lineup, for example.

I do wonder if they'll go ahead and release the Pendulum Zs here at some point. Those actually keep a lot of the awesome mechanics that the X introduced (Such as the closeup cutins during battles and being able to obtain items). Preorders are opening up for the second wave Pendulum Zs on Monday (Wind Guardians, Metal Empire, and Virus Busters), and I've already got the first wave preordered... it's pretty much a waiting game at this point. :)

December 26, 2020, 03:22:11 PM #162 Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:25:27 PM by Ryo-Okay
I've been replaying Mass Effect. I forgot how much I love that first game. A real shame about the state of the franchise.

I've also been playing Borderlands 2 with my brother, and I finished Digimon Anode Tamer a while ago.

April 17, 2021, 02:59:04 PM #163 Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 03:02:54 PM by WarOmnimon

Virtual pet stuff first this time. I've been running my Vital Bracelet Digital Monster on and off (Have had to break a couple of times because of inconsistent weather) since it got here. I got the Ver.Special (Electric green wristband, which includes the Ancient Warriors Dim Card which features Veemon) and have so far completed runs on the Impulse City (Pulsemon) and Black Roar (BlackAgumon) Dim Cards. Being much more fitness tracker than virtual pet, it's relatively low maintenance, and for someone like me who does a lot of walking, it's great. Right now, I have Kazuchimon (Pictured above; he's also my profile photo right now) and BlackWarGreymon on mine. The Volcanic Beat (Vorvomon) and Blizzard Fang (Blucomon) Dim Cards are en route; once those get here, I'll be raising Hexeblaumon as soon as possible. I've also preordered Mad Black Roar (BlackAgumon with a full roster; regular Black Roar only has his main line and Omnimon Zwart), True Shadow Howl (BlackGabumon), Guilmon, and Renamon, and will be preordering the others as they come up. Really excited for the Medabots Dim Card!

As for actual video games, my go-tos as of late have been Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, RetroMania Wrestling, and Pac-Man 99. The video games I am currently looking forward to are Guilty Gear Strive, The King of Fighters XV, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, Getsu Fuuma Den: Undying Moon, THE iDOLM@STER: Starlit Season (Gonna have to digitally import this one), Digimon Survive (Whenever it comes out), and Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (Not officially announced yet, but leaked via a Korean rating). This year is looking a lot better for video games than last year already. :)

I am also looking forward to Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires (They've already confirmed that the open world aspects of vanilla DW9 will be gone, on which note; I enjoyed the combat in DW9, but the open world stuff was a bit of a chore TBH, so I'm glad to see that they nixed that), but that one has been delayed indefinitely, so there's no guarantee as to whether it will come out this year or not... hence why I didn't mention it above.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on April 17, 2021, 02:59:04 PM
Really excited for the Medabots Dim Card!
Can we just get a full Medabots x Digimon crossover game already? It's cool that they're doing something for the VB and Omedamon was in the gacha game, but I don't really care about either of those.

Quote from: WarOmnimon on April 17, 2021, 02:59:04 PM
This year is looking a lot better for video games than last year already. :)
It's the complete opposite for me. The only game on my radar is the DC Superhero Girls licensed game, and not because I think it looks good but because it is the only game that even managed to catch my attention. It looks like one of the shitty licensed games I played as a kid and that's the only reason I'm even slightly interested in it.