True Tenchi novels licensed by Seven Seas!

Started by Ryo-Okay, November 16, 2017, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there sources that can explain why the True Tenchi's stopped at vol. 3 ? The goal was to cover "8 plot points" in the first three and do the same amount in a followup trilogy according to a note by Kajishima in the afterword for Washu book.

Kajashima probably got called back to do OAV 3&4 and the GXP novels

That makes sense if the GXP novels were 300 pages, instead of a couple dozen.  :shy:

ova 2 is set up for the novels. ova 3 is set up for mihoshi and seto but never introduced minaho...  so my guess is  its cause ova 3 was cut short now that ova 4 is done it makes sense. it must be for spoiler reasons
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 13, 2019, 07:31:09 PM
Are there sources that can explain why the True Tenchi's stopped at vol. 3 ? The goal was to cover "8 plot points" in the first three and do the same amount in a followup trilogy according to a note by Kajishima in the afterword for Washu book.

I can't cite a source, but I recall back in the day, someone mentioned that the TTM novels weren't continued because Kajishima-sensei got the green light to do GXP, OVA 3 (dependent on GXP's success), and War on Geminar (dependent on OVA 3's success). So his focus shifted to writing those anime titles. Plus, once GXP was released and Kajishima-sensei reportedly disliked what Nabeshin did, he wrote the TXP novels instead.

Supposedly, OVA 3 was going to cover the material from the rumored "Mihoshi" novel. We certainly got a taste of that, but not much else.

Chobimaru was an interesting tie-in to the Washu novel's suggestion that Kuramitsu was getting huge militarily. ... [spoiler]But that was 12,000 years ago.[/spoiler]

Quote from: WaitoKon on June 17, 2019, 02:12:16 AM
Chobimaru was an interesting tie-in to the Washu novel's suggestion that Kuramitsu was getting huge militarily. ... [spoiler]But that was 12,000 years ago.[/spoiler]

Yep. And Japanese fans who'd had the novels would have grabbed that immediately whereas we Western fans are only just now seeing this was foreshadowed in "Washu."

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 17, 2019, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: WaitoKon on June 17, 2019, 02:12:16 AM

Yep. And Japanese fans who'd had the novels would have grabbed that immediately whereas we Western fans are only just now seeing this was foreshadowed in "Washu."

if you watched the live action omake from ova 3 +1 you'd also know that the chobimaru is a pkw wave generator... its a knock off of the ship washu encountered that sunk the original J. its a secret seniwan anti juraian royal tree ship ship
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Quote from: Ricin on June 17, 2019, 10:42:48 PM
Live action omake?
Link please
its on the dvd for the last episode of ova 3
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here