Yggdrasil Coffee House

Started by paladin313, August 11, 2012, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just read them.  DAMN CLIFFHANGERS!
"The secret to creativity is combining logic and science with Fantasy and fiction"

I saw the raw for 293, and I am wondering if they are trying to say that, if Belldandy stays with Keiichi, she has to become mortal.  If so, does that nullify the new contract?
Fear is ignorance expressed through panic.

Maybe.

I believe I once said that the viewing thing was just to say "If you stay together, it'll end in misery and woe" to Keiichi and Belldandy.

I think that you, Paladin, said the viewing thing couldn't be for that and it was for some other purpose.

Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Well, in the raws, the pair is together, and it seems that Judgment gate has been pleased in what she has seen so far, and in fact, there is something that Bell says with a blush and smile that makes Judgment Gate do the same.  With that, the couple seem to be confirming some kind of greater love, and are close to kissing, but Judgment Gate gets between them, not forcibly, but enough to let them know there is more that needs to happen.

Yet, I cannot see Bell losing her powers, because the creator of AMG has said he intends the series to go on for a long time, and that is fact, not rumor.  Apparently, there are some plot lines he thinks have merit, and I more think they've been building up to the 25th anniversary celebration with this story.  I see marriage, and maybe a child?  Who knows, but know it's not ending, but I think getting ready for a new phase, or whatever you would call it; not a new series, but a renewing of the series.

Someone translated chapters 292 and 293. I put up a link to the translated chapters a few posts ago.

I saw 292, but 293 was not there.

Okay, found it before you posted.  Reading it now.

Well, Judgment Gate seemed cheerful that they would suffer pain in their relationship, and thinks it will end just as sadly.  However, who is to say what the future brings.  She may live, he may die, but, what about them having children?  What about him winding up in heaven?  There is so much that could happen to say it would end in tragedy.  Therefore, they face their future the same way any mortal couple would, and both seem quite willing to go through with it for the sake of one another.  Morever, unlike the lake goddess, Belldandy has never ceased in loving others.  She has and always will.  This gives her an edge.  Its the question that has to be asked that has me going.  I mean, it seems that Judgment Gate is very willing to have them be together, but it seems that it all hinges on the answer to the unknown question.

Moreover, I think Hild is very happy to put them through this, because I believe two things: one, that she doesn't think they will pass the gate, breaking Bell's heart and getting back at her ex, and two, I think she wants to make a play for Kei herself.

I'm going to try to point out a few points of why I think Odin declaring the temple a neutral ground is a bad idea.

---

Belldandy, Urd, Skuld, and whatever magical beings that live at the temple can defend and recover from any attack that Hild and any demon can throw at them.

Keiichi's friends and family, not so much.

Most portrayals of demons in OMG are either being petty, cruel, cocky, or vindictive. This would mean they would mostly likely put quite a bit of effort into making the lives of Keiichi's friends and family a living nightmare, simply because Odin declared the temple a neutral spot. If Keiichi's friends and family are put under protection, Then  an argument would probably come up that Odin and the forces of Heaven are doing something similar to what Hagal did by seeming trying to start another war between Heaven and Hell.

On a bit of a side note, I doubt Bellldandy would allow others to be the target of a demon's wraith because the demon can't target her because she is at the temple.

February 04, 2013, 08:36:45 AM #101 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:04:49 PM by HotelKatz
I'm sorry. I realize I've been acting like a jerk, trying to take over the story without intending to. I think it might be best if I were to quit the Rp. I'll still stick around the Coffee house to talk about the latest chapters of the Manga, but I'm going to stay away from the Rp.

I made a slight error with my last post. I put 'with' instead of 'without'. I corrected it.

please don't leave.  It'll be hard to continue without you.
"The secret to creativity is combining logic and science with Fantasy and fiction"

Katz, I want you to play.  I just want to know where you think this should go.  I went with the neutral ground thing because I thought YOU suggested it.  I said, "Makes sense," and went with it.  You wanted vengeance, I compromised and gave it to you.  I think the only issue is how we interpret how the characters should be.  You see certain areas of personality I don't; I see certain areas of personality you don't.  This is why I asked.  You see this constant conflict.  I see that they get along more than they would care to admit.  Besides, Chrono was sent to be a personal protector for the crew until Ian is powerful enough, and so with the neutral ground thing, she would have her hands full and it would be funny.  This is normally supposed to be funny, after all.  Trace, we haven't heard from you.  How do YOU think this should go?  We've hit an impasse, and a third opinion would help.