As OAV 4 approaches, have people gotten over OAV3? Or is there still butthurt?

Started by bishopcruz, May 24, 2016, 09:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was never an AIC board guy. I was Tenchi ML  all the way. I remember when finding a translation of Tenchi 101 was hard to do, and you had to know the right people because it was considered piracy or something. Good times.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it a Japanese guy that ran TenchiML along with some other mailing lists?

Quote from: bishopcruz on June 07, 2016, 12:09:20 AM
I was never an AIC board guy. I was Tenchi ML  all the way. I remember when finding a translation of Tenchi 101 was hard to do, and you had to know the right people because it was considered piracy or something. Good times.

What happened is that the main translator and original host of the translation worked for Pioneer, whom received a complaint about one of their employees translating said novel from the publisher and in response said employee was told to take it down and to ask that all copies of it be destroyed or he'd be looking for a new job.

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on June 14, 2016, 01:07:49 AM
If I recall correctly, wasn't it a Japanese guy that ran TenchiML along with some other mailing lists?

It was Hitoshi Doi if I remember right, I think he was also involved in the Maison Ikkoku fandom, but it's been like 20 years, it's kinda hard to remember.

Quote from: shades of blue on June 15, 2016, 09:08:37 AM
Quote from: bishopcruz on June 07, 2016, 12:09:20 AM

That makes a surprising amount of sense actually. Memories indeed.

What happened is that the main translator and original host of the translation worked for Pioneer, whom received a complaint about one of their employees translating said novel from the publisher and in response said employee was told to take it down and to ask that all copies of it be destroyed or he'd be looking for a new job.

Little late responding here, searching for a job can do that, but i lurked around the AIC boards a couple times in high school but never really got deep into the back story until about '04/'05. As far as older fans come into it from the Toonami days i can attest to the nostalgia my group is dedicated too, although i've always been of the mindset that you shouldn't get mad with what an author does to their creation because it doesn't fit into your view of what they should have done, otherwise you don't like the creation, you just stole the characters for your own story.