Gxp 2 done

Started by Eff Efferson, February 06, 2017, 09:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
gxp 2 is done. i also finished a page of 21st century... ive gotten a big chunk of that doujin translated but the last few sentences of most of the pages really confuse me... and its not so much new information as it is information that is lying around in various places online un organised and vauged up... so there's a bit more detail when i actually go through it... but its mostly stuff thats been elsewhere.

[attachment deleted by admin]
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

February 07, 2017, 01:30:06 PM #1 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:32:01 PM by AstroNerdBoy
Someone translated this for me years ago. I posted some info up on the FAQ, but I'll have to look and see what I was translated for me.

Update: Here are the documents I could find, all TXT files from 2006. Hopefully they will help. :-)

Quote from: AstroNerdBoy on February 07, 2017, 01:30:06 PM
Someone translated this for me years ago. I posted some info up on the FAQ, but I'll have to look and see what I was translated for me.

Update: Here are the documents I could find, all TXT files from 2006. Hopefully they will help. :-)

oh thank you. i didn't want ask cause i didnt wan't them to influence how i read it  but i desperately needed these.

your translater got for the front page:

Preface

Er... This time, due to a small circumstance, I decided to put a new publication out, as the result of thinking about something that would not cover the same issues as the 3rd and the TV series, and that would be complementary to the Jurai Royal Family issue and be detailed over a certain subject that due to composition matters was only able to be written a few lines about it on the novel. Well... anyway, because it's a doujin, it can't be considered an oficial thing, so since it's common that by the time of the publication, the subject, the drawing design and the utilization works may change and since I keep strong in my spirit that it's a personal matter, be careful to not find yourself in a embarassing situation saying "hey it's different", after acting on your own's convenience and misappropriating it(*-1). (Recently I'm being a liar, so I don't know about the future...)
So, above, there's Tenchi folks that I drew after a long while. Well, this time, I'm not sure if it sticks to the drawing pictures, but I attempted to draw like in the old days so... what do you think? I hope people will say that it's not different from the past ones but... if so it can mean that there was no development and it's a complicated thing... however I guess that's preferable than being said that I became unskillful. Some people said "It's the drawing that was completed at that occasion", but that's an adult's speech. If I start to work on other projects like in the past, the designs may change a little, but maybe that's too much to ask until I finish Tenchi?
Well then, I believe there's one person that we're not used to see, that's Noike Sakadzu-san. The design at the time when she comes to Tenchi's house is still not certain so it's a tentative version.

TRANSLATOR'S NOTES:

(*-1) I'm not sure if the meaning is clear here but what K-sensei warns here is to not take the doujin's infos too seriously and spread them around because things may change when officially published. 

my translation abilities are spotty at best sometimes lol and this really reminds me of that haha i got
and when he stated talking about his old drawings i just straight up got lost as fuck as to what he was saying.

QuoteUhm...lately、I have experienced a sad state of affairs and decided to rush this publication out. Parts of the story to The 3rd OVA and GXP were left out and things weren't finished as I had originally planned.I had written all of the supplementary information on the Juraian royal family, and to some extent I detailed the subject somewhat in the books.There were things that I was intending to put in but were left out for the sake of story flow, so I have decided to use this doujinshi to introduce the backstory of the things which I was able to write a few lines about in the novels. Well... Needless to say this doujinshi is from an official source, that being the case、at the time of publishing this, the contents of the graphic designs used in this work may be changed or altered. Circumstances often happen in business. But i am stubborn though because these essential plot points and writings are my personal creation as much as they are my work. However, I must be careful not to be ashamed to diverge from my "stubborn" ways.
(These days though I would be fibbing if i said i was willing to diverge with my recent works・・・But when it comes to future works...i don't know.)When it comes to tenchi though, the concepts concerning it were thought up a very long time ago.まあ今回は作画に関わるかどうかは 分からないんだけれども、昔の絵が描けるかどうかちよつと試してみたけど... どう? 昔と変わらないと言ってもらえるといいんだけれど...ただそれはそ れで進歩がないという事にもなるから複雑だけど、下手になったと言われるよ りやましか。「あの時点で完成された絵」って言ってた人がいたけれど、大人 の発言だなあ。また昔みたいに他の仕事もするようになれば絵柄もちよつと は変わるんだろうけど、Tenchiが終わるまでは無理かな? さて、一人見慣れない人がいると思うけれど、Noike・sakazua-sanです。まだTenchi の家に来た時のデザインが固まってないんで暫定版です。
(blah blah blah  this is a protytpe drawing of noike sakazua)
... ugh im ashamed that my translation is so off...  to be fair though the other guy got noike's name wrong....

to be fair though google gave me this:

Eh ... and this time, due to chilly circumstances we decided to make a new publication quickly, as a result of considering things like the third term and the TV version and not wearing it, as a result of the complementary thing of the emperor Jurai and to a certain extent Although I am thinking about the contents, due to the constitutional reasons I decided to introduce the setting behind the things that only few lines are written in the novel. Well ... even if it says ... because he is a coterie, it is not an official one, so it often happens that the story or picture design and use work will change at the time of presentation, and it is common with the fact that it is a personal thing to the last Be careful not to be ashamed of misappropriating "Chiya Yan ka?" (Recently, I'm a liar, so I do not know what the previous thing ... I do not know), Tenchi who tried drawing after a while for a while. Well I do not know if I will be involved in painting this time, but I tried chickingly whether I could draw an old picture ... but how can I say that it is the same as it used to be? That is complicated as it also means that there is no progress, but it is said that it was wrong, Yoshimasa. There was a person who said "Pictures completed at that time", but it is an adult 's remarks. Also, as long as you do other jobs like old days, the picture will change, but it is impossible until Tenchi is over? Well, I think that there is a person who is unfamiliar, but Noike ยท Mr. Sakazu. It is a preliminary version because the design of Tenchi's house has not settled yet.

if you can make heads of tails of most of that u are better than i am. these doujins are harder to understand then the novels even with the text ripped.... but just reading the generalised bad transation can tell u stuff that's important is there

Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

February 07, 2017, 06:17:32 PM #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:21:03 PM by Fap_fapperson
ugh actually going through these notes i see its not just me who looks at kajishima's writing and goes wtf this isnt even a word..

for the project2.txt i got

This woman here is Masaki Jurai with her head ornaments taken off.
It's actually a drawing of her when she was very young.

She was indirectly the reason that her older brother came accross Tsunami in the first place.
When she grew up she left on an exploratory journey, as was mentioned in the novels. 
Her Older brother desperately searched for her whereabouts, but he never found her.
It's a historical fact on jurai that her disappearance was a great source of grief and sadness for him.
Actually, that the reason she ran away was that her family put pressure on her to bear an heir to the juraian name, they did the same thing to her brother. They were birds of a feather. One could say the tears he often wept were not ones of sadness but ones of frustration.

The other picture is Misaki Jurai's Astral copy with Tenchi's son.
Who his mother is is a secret, but he had ran away to complain about her to Masaki..
Tenchi's Son:"Listen up! My mother is so ~ ~"
Masaki: "Yeah, I know, I know! My brother and I had the same~~~~"
The two talked and felt like kindred spirits.
Eventually he got Tokimi to give Misaki a new version of her old body. After that, Seto invited her to Jurai. She returned home for the first time after tens of thousands of years and it caused a big fuss, She and Tenchi's son didn't care for the drama caused by her arrival.They ran away from tenju, got married and became treasure hunters.
this part at the end i am having trouble with but its good to know ur translator looked at it and was like wtf... as well.
大騒ぎとなったが、面倒なのが嫌いな 彼女は、Tenchiの息子と共に、とつとと 逃げ出して極印木家へ
発見した夫婦トレジャー ノハンターとしてニュース 報道されて居所が判明。 Tenchiにすんげえ怒られ
荒てて追い い掛けてきた 息子夫婦に、「私、ノパパ とママ嫌い。おじいちや まの所にいる」と宣言。 「誰に似たのかしら?」 「あんただあんた!」 と全員からきついツッ コミを入れられ反省。 娘に嫌われないため、 月のもといた宇宙船 の場所に家を構えて Washuの依頼で遺跡調査を生業とする。
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

Yuuuuussssss. I always thought that was Noike until last December when I panicked and thought it might be Minaho! I'm very relieved.

Is this saying the first Emperor of Jurai found Tsunami while he was looking for Masaki Jurai? If so, I never knew that! That would mean the Juraian journey concept comes from the old Jurai pirates and predates the Jurai Empire. Very interesting! And it makes sense as a pirate custom! Gotta be tough!

Quote from: Fap_fapperson on February 07, 2017, 06:10:36 PMif you can make heads of tails of most of that u are better than i am. these doujins are harder to understand then the novels even with the text ripped.... but just reading the generalised bad transation can tell u stuff that's important is there

I remember the guy that translated this and another professional translator who has graciously translated small tidbits for me for free both remarked that Kajishima-sensei's writing style is terrible. He apparently rambles a lot and makes it difficult for even native Japanese speakers to understand what he's saying. That later part came from a former Japanese teacher of mine, whom I had read a bit of text for just to see what she said. 

Fap, you're FUCKING INVINCIBLE dude. Keep up the momentum.

But my reading comprehension might be shit because I didn't catch a name for the woman that encountered Tsunami as a sleeping giant. That has to be Masaki herself, right?

Quote from: Monster Man on February 11, 2017, 09:25:50 PM

But my reading comprehension might be shit because I didn't catch a name for the woman that encountered Tsunami as a sleeping giant. That has to be Masaki herself, right?

That was Jinmu, Masaki's brother. He's the first emperor of Jurai.

Quote from: Y_Anthony_Who on February 11, 2017, 09:50:53 PM
Quote from: Monster Man on February 11, 2017, 09:25:50 PM

That was Jinmu, Masaki's brother. He's the first emperor of Jurai.

this, i always thought it was a girl two but its not it's the first emperor he is in both the top and bottom drawing
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here