Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Geminar

Started by Hellohi, April 23, 2017, 06:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible that this is the pre-historic civilization? In the Funimation translations, the word pre-historic is used but maybe it's just that, a word.

Also, when it is said that Kenshi was sent to another "world". Was a world? Another planet? Or do they mean an alternate universe?

I didn't know alternate universes were a thing in Tenchi. I thought it was just different dimensions. Is Geminar a planet/different time? Or just some far away from earth "world" up to our imagination.

*Also fap, is there anyway to view all of your translations on Mobile? The thread you made a few months ago didn't work for me on Mobile. I read Fuku and a few others are reincarnations?? The Tenchi Universe is crazy... moreover Kajishima's mind is crazy :-)

lol see this lets me know i check this site way too often XD people know i'll pop my head into any new thread. and yeah kirche miki fuku and seina are the cast of dual reincarnated.

speaking of dual, dual's earth is the great prehistoric civilization that seeded the galaxy, zinv and himc were presumably made with the seeds that tsunami gave out when she killed the washu bioroids.there are actually mentions to other prehistoric civilizations that were before the great one...  the ones that created the B's were first civilization in the universe though according to the 21st century doujin

but i've long thought and have been investigating for a while that the planet D came from was geminar... or the planet from photon. one of the two or both and that's why i've been going through the heisei series trying to translate them to my best ability.

the reason i think this is a lot of subtle hints. Zinv looks like a geminar mech without a tail. the guy from 21st century looks like the prototype version of kenshi and the stories were conceived at the same time. the city of the alien civilization from dual  that created Zinv looks like it is the same type of gondola esque city as the one photon visits with keyne.  where they don't have roads but rather waterways.

the real question is where and when is issekai... is it the same planet as sandy planet from photon? they hint in one episode that kenji may have come from the future and also say no one in geminar from any world they pulled from has ever come from a civilization where getting any further then the moon was possible. which means they don't have space travel by then... so obviously that would seem to put photon in the future ... possibly way in the future possibly past misaki going crazy as the counteractor or  photon is in another dimension or galaxy... because photon's universe has a galactic emperor and space travel... that could never happen in the galaxy with the galactic union because obviously... jurai exists...

what would make most sense at least to me is that geminar and photons planet are the same planet  with photon being long after isekai  and both being before the fall of all the prehistoric civilizations.
and possibly the fighter civilization that created D being the same ones that created Doll and rea.

but honestly I don't know. i don't even think the japanese know... if the information is there though it will be evident from the doujins and if not i'm sure we will get the information eventually. it's especially likely now that gxp is getting continued... and it seems that zinv like mechs in renza space is the new arc....

my blog site works on mobile but it doesn't have anything i posted here early on in my translation efforts in threads... and even then there's lots of things still in my head as far as theories go. stuff i'm waiting for later on in my translations to post...

i oddly get kajishima's mind. but it is weird. he has a lot of advanced expertise in a lot of odd fields and it comes out in his work he must be a total nerd irl.

also The wau planet at the end of gxp where they find Zinv is said to be the earth from dual if i remember correctly.

and well... if kenshi was sent to another dimension wouldn't he be insanely huge or ridiculously tiny? i thought that the higher the dimension the bigger relative size is... hence why the choushin and d are so huge.

issekai is one big headache of a mystery to me.. :(
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here

First off, dimensions and universes aren't the same thing. There are infinite universes, there are ten dimensions. (people saying there are more than ten didn't pay attention to the "nirvana line" line and are taking the paralleled Dimensional Supervisors literally for some reason.

Dimensions are states of being that overlap, above the tenth dimension is the hyper-dimension where the Choushin exist. Higher dimensions have been repeatedly explored in fiction and different artists find different ways to visualize or describe what is an inherently indescribable phenomena. As third dimensional creatures we cannot fathom the higher realms. D3 and others appear as huge to denote their majesty and power over us tiny mortals, an artistic decision by Kajishima that I agree with. They aren't literal giants, not in that sense, but can appear that way just as they can appear small.

Geminar is not in another dimension, because that makes 0 sense in every direction. Isekai is a popular sub-genre, and in all likelihood this show follows the traditional convention, which would mean Kenshi travelled to one of the infinitely linked universes mentioned in Tenchi.

The line in Isekai about space travel going no further than the moon was a reference to our Earth specifically, illustrating that Kenshi is from our present and that his sister's spaceship is veeeeeeeeeery odd.

I don't think Isekai is really that mysterious. I think it's connection, if any, to Photon is the only real mystery.

Here's my theory: Fap, you've been translating Kajishima's complicated fantasies so long I think you may have trained yourself to see things as more complicated than they always are! Harhar!

I do agree that Kajishima's thought process seems totally normal once you've been in it as long as some of us have. He's got repeated patterns like anyone, his are just a little more idiosyncratic than most.

TLDR: There are infinite universes in Tenchi, Geminar is above-and-beyond likely in one of em.

The world in Photon seems to be an alternate  Earth as the land masses match up perfectly  with those of present day and the technology  of the aliens  does not seem to match up with those of the galactic  civilizations  in Tenchi's universe.

Quote from: Kagato3 on April 27, 2017, 10:31:54 PM
The world in Photon seems to be an alternate  Earth as the land masses match up perfectly  with those of present day and the technology  of the aliens  does not seem to match up with those of the galactic  civilizations  in Tenchi's universe.

yes it does not fit into the era tenchi takes place in.  but before dual! it seems there was advanced galactic travel hence the war with the washu bioroids wiping out most life in the galaxy, other seed projects being sent out, the dual aliens leaving their planet and ending up on earth.

its also a possibility they are in a neighboring galaxy or that both stories take place in the distant future of  tenchi's galaxy.

but the simplest answer is, we have no fuckin idea how exactly any of the shows other than dual link to tenchi. he made a vague reference once to isekai being the same setting as photon, only medieval instead of a desert in heisei ban 3. in the one doujin where mitsuki and lashara talk all that happens is mitsuki consoles lashara over both shows having issues with getting produced or airing of some shit.

aggaruter takes place in the same world as tenchi presumably 500 years before but that's from an old japanese source as evidenced by heseiban 3. where he says basically zero and Kei are the same type of machine, only zero is more expensive luxury model.

Masquerade is likely  out of cannon to be honest. It started off as a cousin series, wakamono Choi or attention fragile! the anime is an tie in to the much larger video game... which was so large it was never released and then scrapped.
for all my tenchi work go to
tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com
Pdfs and audiobooks:
click here